RJF Saiga-12 for home defense (succesfully used)

two nights ago i was upstairs in my home watching a movie before bed and i heard two people walking around in my living down stairs all the lights in the house were off so everyone who saw the house would have thought i was asleep. when i heard these people my first impression was to grab the 9mm but since there was two i grabbed the saiga with a loaded 12 rnd mag with 7 3" 00 buck in it and 5 3" slugs to finish it off. I started to walk down the stairs and no one saw me but when i racked the saiga i had their attention very quickly. both dropped the stuff they were trying to take (my xbox and desktop computer) they broke said items and put their hands up and didnt run. when i walked down the stairs and exposed my self i walked em both into a corner and one was balling his eyes out praying i wouldnt shoot them lol. they apologised through the roof and i called the police and they showed up. the police asked me to lower my weapon and not scare them anymore. the police thanked me and said the individuals will replace the broken items. as they walked out i saw the one who was crying actually wet himself lol they were bout 20 years old both were in the country illegally from canada.

guess the saiga does have a truly intimidating sound and look thanks rjf for building this weapon. Will your product saved my home from being ransacked and helped arrest two thieving individuals who were wanted up here for stealing. Thanx again

Edited by lonestar2222003
  • Like 17

I wish I could have been there. I can only imagine the looks on the faces of 2 gunshy canadian retards, who think .22s are horrible death weapons, when they are faced with a magazine fed AK 12 guage. I really wish I could have seen that.

To the OP: Great story! Homeowner: 1 Thugs:0 I'm glad it turned out the way it did for you. Stay Safe. :beer:

Seems kind of cruel to expose yourself when you already had them at gunpoint. I can see why he started crying. Interesting tactic.:D

'scuse me while I whip this out... :lol::eek:

• Like 2

I'm not so sure that a fully loaded 12 round mag with high base loads would be my choice for HD as the recoil of the weapon coupled with the weight of the rounds can cause the rear tab to break. You would be better served with a 5 round factory mag or 8 round factory mag. Of course, you could always just load less rounds into the 12 rounder or cut it down (assuming it is SGM) and fully load it. Glad you didn't have to fire it because the media would be doing their damnedest to demonize you and your "evl blk wpn" :angel: Sad but true.

two nights ago i was upstairs in my home watching a movie before bed and i heard two people walking around in my living down stairs all the lights in the house were off so everyone who saw the house would have thought i was asleep. when i heard these people my first impression was to grab the 9mm but since there was two i grabbed the saiga with a loaded 12 rnd mag with 7 3" 00 buck in it and 5 3" slugs to finish it off. I started to walk down the stairs and no one saw me but when i racked the saiga i had their attention very quickly. both dropped the stuff they were trying to take (my xbox and desktop computer) they broke said items and put their hands up and didnt run. when i walked down the stairs and exposed my self i walked em both into a corner and one was balling his eyes out praying i wouldnt shoot them lol. they apologised through the roof and i called the police and they showed up. the police asked me to lower my weapon and not scare them anymore. the police thanked me and said the individuals will replace the broken items. as they walked out i saw the one who was crying actually wet himself lol they were bout 20 years old both were in the country illegally from canada.

guess the saiga does have a truly intimidating sound and look thanks rjf for building this weapon. Will your product saved my home from being ransacked and helped arrest two thieving individuals who were wanted up here for stealing. Thanx again

Thanks for sharing. Pretty amazing all it took was racking of the slide. Can't create that type of fear with a pistol. Glad everyone if safe.

Yakdung

I'm glad you are ok and it seems like everything is turning out well.

When you are on the wrong side of the Saiga, the barrel opening looks to be about five feet wide(1.524 meters for those who have a real measuring system unlike us :) ). I do feel a little sorry for them. That doesn't absolve them in any way and they deserve it, of course. You grabbed the right tool for the job and it resolved things well, it seems. I hope this is your only brush with violence.

The media was not notified of this kinda wish they wouldve though lol too kinda show you dont waltz on into someones house. these guys were lucky they didnt have a weapon cuz whoever didnt live would be cleaning up the mess. and as far as the mag choice it was the quickest i could grab that was loaded at the time. i do have a 5 rounder but it just had fluff birdshot rounds in it.

hell yea, shoulda taken pics of his piss

I wish I could have been there. I really wish I could have seen that.

I picture would have been nice,

It's settled, we need rail mounted video cameras on these things.

You know you have room on there somewhere. :ph34r:

• Like 1

It's always good when these things end without having order new carpets and figuring out how to get blood off the ceiling.

Eh. Being in the automotive field I've got some HD cleaner that's actaully labeled protein stain remover. You'd never know there was blood there ever. Even with forensics.

Thanks for sharing. Pretty amazing all it took was racking of the slide. Can't create that type of fear with a pistol. Glad everyone if safe.

Yakdung

When you wait until you get downstairs to chamber a round, you are not prepared to take on things that go bump in the night. Had they been armed with a readied weapon and not taken by surprise, the outcome could have been a lot different. Glad it was a couple of unarmed Canadians.

The sound of any weapon's action is going to spark your curiosity if you are not armed, even a pistol slide. I wouldn't rely on that sound to scare people away or make them freeze and piss their pants. That sound just may allow someone to get the jump on you and draw down before you even walk through the door. Keeping your home defense rig with an empty chamber makes about the same sense as CCW the same way.

• Like 1