Hey Draco "MINI" Owners, how about some feedback?

Loved my Draco but I did the same sold it and just bought a Mini. Just by the looks of the new Mini it seems to be better quailty, Hope I can squeeze in some range time this weekend so I can test this thing out.

I looked at the mini's the other day. I thought just the opposite. When I got my Draco it was tight and in need of some break in. I pulled the cover off the mini and it was clean

but the slide was loose and had a great deal of mag wobble. Neither of these things would be a problem but in comparison I thought my Draco was the better of the two.

I guess everyone's experience will differ. Good luck with it and give us a range report when you do your testing. I would be intrested in seeing a 50 yard and maybe a 100

yard target.

I looked at the mini's the other day. I thought just the opposite.

My old Draco had a sloppy magwell, and you can tell CIA milled it out to accept Hi-Cap mags. On my new mini the mags lock up better, wouldn't say rock tight, but way better than my Draco. On the Mini they used a different receiver and it is not milled by CIA, to me the mini just has a round better feel. The only thing that I'm kinda iffy about is the plastic cycle limiter, BCG stop, or whatever you call that thing.

I am pretty sure Century doesent have to work on Draco. Being a pistol they are not subject to 922 and the magwells come to us as they are built.

Century hogs out the magwel on the 10/63 but the Draco is built by the Cugir factory in Romania and imported by Century. They are built to accept

double stack mags.

Edited by whitetrashrn
  • Like 1

I am pretty sure Century doesent have to work on Draco. Being a pistol they are not subject to 922 and the magwells come to us as they are built.

Century hogs out the magwel on the 10/63 but the Draco is built by the Cugir factory in Romania and imported by Century. They are built to accept

double stack mags.

And you would be correct. Century does nothing to either the full-size dracos or the minis.

• 2 weeks later...

I dig the Draco and in fact own a few... but the minis just seem tacky to me.... like the tek-9 of the AK world

guess I need to get one for sake of completion of the collection but.... not sure I could shoot it with a straight face... I'd have to get me a Pimp hat to go with and hold it all gangsta....

bustin caps sideways ftw?....

naw, prolly not....

When we ordered it we both thought it would be a "pimp" snub nose AK. It's defiantly a unique little pistol. Funny thing is we used a new FFL this purchase and when we went to pick it up he asked us if this was really the firearm we ordered and WHY???

The fit and finish is better than expected. The surface is like a satin or brushed stainless that doesn't finger print like polished stainless or other mirror chromes. King of the Hill was kind enough to answer some questions I had about the chrome which helped in our decision making (thanks).

I will work on more images over the weekend.

It's hard chromed. Not particularly shiny, and it means your firearm is very unlikely to rust any time soon. If Classic Arms ever offers a PSL that's had this treatment, I may have to get one. If I can find a nice flat black finish that will stick to the chrome, I'll end up with a nice-looking rifle that is highly resistant to corrosion.

I dig the Draco and in fact own a few... but the minis just seem tacky to me.... like the tek-9 of the AK world

guess I need to get one for sake of completion of the collection but.... not sure I could shoot it with a straight face... I'd have to get me a Pimp hat to go with and hold it all gangsta....

bustin caps sideways ftw?....

naw, prolly not....

the tec 9 is a finicky jamming pos that will eventually crack its receiver and can't hit the broad side of a barn, no comparison to the mini draco

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Got my Mini last week. Immediately ran 20 rounds of Tula through it with zero issues. Love the sight and sound of this beast running. Got it home and cleaned it up. It came a little dirty. After a clean and lube it was much smoother to cycle by hand. Ran about 90 more rounds with zero issues. Runs perfect. Making some nice mods to it now. Hopefully some pics to come by the end of the week.

Save those hot dog buns! They are very useful for being reconstructed into a 2-piece upper and lower hand guard.

Anyone know where to pick up a mini now?

Many sites say out of stock.

Thanks.

I got mine on GunBroker two weeks ago for $490 shipped.

I personally think it looks AWESOME just the way it is! I don't want to change a thing. I have NOT shot it yet but look forward to doing so.

FTS

photobucket-2707-1324501208271.jpg

photobucket-2720-1324501195697.jpg

photobucket-3608-1324766765914.jpg

photobucket-554-1324766781377.jpg

(the 100-round Norinco drum I already had)

Anyone know where to pick up a mini now?

Many sites say out of stock.

Thanks.

I got mine on GunBroker two weeks ago for $490 shipped.

I personally think it looks AWESOME just the way it is! I don't want to change a thing. I have NOT shot it yet but look forward to doing so.

FTS

Congrats on your mini. I picked one up awhile back (original pic a couple posts up). They are fun little blasters for sure.

SD1.jpg

Draco Mini just got back from a Spa treatment at Longwith's trim & accessories.

Elctroless Nickel Plated insdie and out

Left hand charging handle

Extended magazine realease

Modified safety lever

modifed sights front & rear

Tapco muzzle brake

Carolina Sooter Supply pistol grip

Custom front hand gaurd made entirely from original "Hot Dog Bun" with CSS front collar

Magpul MS2 sling

3rd pic is the orginal before the treatment.

post-15416-0-31654200-1325352071_thumb.jpg

post-15416-0-52899000-1325352089_thumb.jpg

post-15416-0-07761700-1325352213_thumb.jpg

post-15416-0-35676400-1325352227_thumb.jpg

Edited by super jim
  • Like 1

Super Jim,

Curious why you went with a left side Galil handle? I thought the whole point of that handle was so you could reach a right handed charging handle easier.

Cool little snub nosed look! The mini two piece hand guards are certainly unique. I like the pistol grip you have there to.

A left hand charging handle just makes sense for a right handed shooter to me. You can keep you right hand where it needs to be and charge with your left hand without having to reach over or under the weapon. I wanted the handle pointed up instead of out the left side so it wouldn't be poking me in the midsection when carrying with a sling. Works great.

I got a few of each, Draco-C and Mini. Fun as hell, but my personal preference is for the Draco. Both are little hand cannons, pure joy. LOL

I did get one Mini that just didnt cycle right, I havent looked to why, just chucked it back in the safe. But I do have another that runs flawless.

When i take people shooting, they always say the Draco's are the funnest to shoot.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a Draco that I converted into a SBR with a Krebs Quad Rail, Ace side folding stock, US Palm grip and will be adding the Texas Weapon Systems Dog Leg Gen. II railed hinged cover to add my Trijicon ACOG.

I hate the handguard on the mini. I have a Arsenal Bulgarian Krinkov SLR107-UR 8" SBR so I think there is no need for the Mini Draco.

Was considering a AMD 65 Hungarian AK.