Hey guys, I'm getting ready to convert (or restore :D) my Saiga in 7.62x39, and I was wondering what type of paint, for a lack of a better term, I should use on the bottom of the receiver that is underneath the trigger plate. I'm on a tightish budget so if there is something that will work in the stead of fancier stuff that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

DupliColor 500 Degree Engine Enamel Semi-Glossy Black

It's a very good match, cheap, easy to apply and is fairly resistant to most stuff. Just don't expose it to solvents, as something like Acetone takes it right off. Take cape to prep the surface with a degreaser and small grit sand paper before applying.

Edited by SpetsnazGRU

I used Rust-Oleum textured (in black-duh) its in a white can with a lawn chair, exterior light and wine rack on the front label, it is IMO a perfect match, its not like the hammer-tone you might think of when you hear "textured paint" its almost smooth and non-gloss and feels about like 1000grit sandpaper (you could use some 800grt paper and make it smooth in about a minute of work if you didnt like it). I F'ed up the left side with a nasty scratch and hit it with a shot of paint and you CAN NOT TELL where the transition is from factory paint to my paint on the side, let-alone the bottom if you had the sides taped up.

Dont be scared by the really rough cap that says its how the paint will feel, its not nearly that textured.

It's not the cheapest but its also not ungodly expensive but I like Brownell's Teflon/Moly a lot. First time I played around with it when it frist came out I was shocked at how well it worked for hiding and what not. Also, the lubricating properties they talk about are no bull. However, I had to do the same gun twice the first time I did it to get the swing of it and it took me a couple more guns to really get it down. Once you learn how to do it right though its amazing what it will do. Like most things though: surface prep, surface prep, surface prep.