Help a Noob Build

Alright well in the next 2 weeks i'm going to buying my first Saiga-12, i'm getting it from CSS and also getting the JTE conversion done as well. Well i know that this is a basic build and that some of the options are not included. I want to know, is there anything that JT can do for some extra $$ that might make it better, also with this i'm going to get a Magpul-Stock conversion kit as well, are there any other additional parts that I might need to make this set up work as well, that doesn't come in the kit, I'm not to worried about a folder i just want an adjustable stock and i'm a magpul fan-boy, and also for the people who know is this going to cost some extra.?? to get JT to do that conversion as well.

Any help would be appreciated, and also this is my first shotgun since I was 12 and it was something alot less to know than this,so I apologize for the noobiness of the questions if i upset some one.

Alright well in the next 2 weeks i'm going to buying my first Saiga-12, i'm getting it from CSS and also getting the JTE conversion done as well. Well i know that this is a basic build and that some of the options are not included. I want to know, is there anything that JT can do for some extra $$ that might make it better, also with this i'm going to get a Magpul-Stock conversion kit as well, are there any other additional parts that I might need to make this set up work as well, that doesn't come in the kit, I'm not to worried about a folder i just want an adjustable stock and i'm a magpul fan-boy, and also for the people who know is this going to cost some extra.?? to get JT to do that conversion as well.

Any help would be appreciated, and also this is my first shotgun since I was 12 and it was something alot less to know than this,so I apologize for the noobiness of the questions if i upset some one.

75$ not including shipping, and jt can extend your barrel hood. This prevents jams against it with 2 3/4 inch ammo. I recommend having then do it. Its NOT a job for somone inexperienced.

I would inquire about a bolt/carier reprofile/polish. I would also recommend the stock I have, it's adjustable and a folder, it's an adjustable folder. Stock is made by ATI, since it can collapse and fold it will work with the drum!

post-35031-0-09634500-1313466805_thumb.jpg

post-35031-0-47822400-1313466814_thumb.jpg

I personally think the deal is an awesome one for what it is. Since he guarantees it to cycle federal bulk I don't see a lot of other "needs" you may want other than maybe a aftermarket plug or rail if you want one.

Yes and I do agree thats why i'm jumping on this deal asap, i think kinda what i meant was, like i believe he will have to grind/cut off the tang to get the magpul conversion to work, is that going to be extra, and also i believe that i read some were about the difference between plug and weld on a magpul conversion, and I have no clue what that is.

And lastly in the conversion pack from CSS do I have to buy anything additional to make it work like a pignose adapter or any thing like that

I'm sorry I'm asking these question, I've been reading around and so forth, but this is only like my 2nd firearm so I just wanna make sure that i'm getting it done rite the first time

75$ not including shipping, and jt can extend your barrel hood. This prevents jams against it with 2 3/4 inch ammo. I recommend having then do it. Its NOT a job for somone inexperienced.

+1 Not for the squeamish.

Ask Jack, get it straight from the horses mouth. Be honest about the uses of the gun and what you intend and or expect out of it.

Ask him if there is anything he can do or would suggest to have done for someone with your needs/skills, to make it more user friendly (i say user friendly, because reliability wont be an issue).

I'm sure he would give an honest opinion and ideas of the best way to spend your money, for your needs.

What does "make it better" mean to you?

I have the magpul kit from CSS on my S12 and it is all simple bolt on with no tang cutting required. The conversion kit contains everything required to do the conversion so no worries there. The weld or plug is pure aesthetics. The JTE deal uses the plugs from the kit which are small plastic plugs that close up the holes left over from the conversion. He will weld if you choose but the cost goes way up from the $200.

As mentioned you could do the conversion yourself, but the $200 guarantees a good hobby a true pro. If you have the cash and any doubt of doing it on your own I say pay for it.

One thing to consider is if you are going to break the $11-$1200 range you could get in for a tromix build and have a beast of a saiga built by the god father of the saiga conversion. I strongly recommend reviewing all of your options before you jump into any one decision. If you already have your build mapped out go for it. I did and do not regret any of the resulting headache

75$ not including shipping, and JT Engineering can extend your barrel hood. This prevents jams against it with 2 3/4 inch ammo. I recommend having then do it. Its NOT a job for somone inexperienced.

:huh:

That's one hell of a good deal. :up:

I thought the same thing when i PM'd jack asking for pricing. Im getting it done soon.

I don't get jams with 2 3/4" ammo and didn't pay to have my barrel hood extended. I'd opt for making it cycle properly instead.

I don't get jams with 2 3/4" ammo and didn't pay to have my barrel hood extended. I'd opt for making it cycle properly instead.

Lucky you. I HAVE had jams on it. Occasional, but still jams.

I have never seen any of JT's work. The pricing is incredible and if the work is of decent quality, then it is a no-brainer. There are two companies that specialize in Saiga 12s that I have seen nothing but excellent work from and they are Tromix and Lonestar Arms. They will certainly make your weapon run, it will look great, and I would assume that JT can do it as well. I cannot comment on the handywork of others even though I have seen some appauling stuff. Do some research.

That barrel hood mod is something that is far more than $75 worth of work. If JT does a decent and clean looking job of it, I would pay the money. Get the holes welded too. Why halfstep, you know?

Lucky you. I HAVE had jams on it. Occasional, but still jams.

I just reshaped a lil bit here and there then polished it up to smooth it all out and my jams stopped.

75$ not including shipping, and JT Engineering can extend your barrel hood. This prevents jams against it with 2 3/4 inch ammo. I recommend having then do it. Its NOT a job for somone inexperienced.

Yes and then i'm getting you to do the Carrier, FCG, ETC i seen your work online many times and it impresses the $hit outta me everytime

Yes and then i'm getting you to do the Carrier, FCG, ETC i seen your work online many times and it impresses the $hit outta me everytime

See Pauly 1st. You'll probably save $75 on the other.

Jack converted one of my saiga and his work is amazing. It will cycle anything you put in it without a single FTE or FTF. He also mods the bolt so that you can load a full mag on a closed bolt. Like someone posted before, just ask him what he would suggest doing. I just told him what I was going to use it for and he helped me choose what I needed to get and what needed to be done. Here is a couple pics (still need to get a tri rail):

post-34181-0-63436200-1311295858_thumb.jpg

post-34181-0-79368000-1311295863_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ethan M

Jack converted one of my saiga and his work is amazing. It will cycle anything you put in it with a single FTE or FTF. He also mods the bolt so that you can load a full mag on a closed bolt. Like someone posted before, just ask him what he would suggest doing. I just told him what I was going to use it for and he helped me choose what I needed to get and what needed to be done. Here is a couple pics (still need to get a tri rail):

post-34181-0-63436200-1311295858_thumb.jpg

post-34181-0-79368000-1311295863_thumb.jpg

Thanks bro, what you got is almost what i am looking for, and also thanks to everyone else who has contributed to my questions a well, thanks for helping a noob-tard out :super: