45rd RPK mags group buy

Hog76, you're updated for now. I'll think I'll have to ship in two boxes for you (4 per box). Please confirm you're OK with the extra shipping/handling at $10/box.. it may not require it and I'll get those details sorted with the shipper and get you a firm cost for shipping 8 before I ask for your bread.

Schultze, Whodat504, welcome to the list.

This brings us to 38.

Not to far to go, and the PMs will start going out.

I am fine with the extra shipping, I think they might fit in a "medium" flat rate priority mail box (14x12x3.5). Not to worried about it even if it costs $20, I just appreciate what you are doing for everybody :super:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dick.

Hi all,   Just trying to gauge some interest here. As a service to the community, I thought I'd try to use some contacts I have to get folks a decent price on some 45rd RPK mags.   As of right no

Crap!! I can't believe I missed out on this.

When would you be ordering these

That depends on what the final totals are. The logistics of these things aren't easy.

After we pass the 50 mark, and the interest settles down, I'm going to discuss the results with my contacts and we'll figure out who is going to take the order. I won't be accepting money until the plan is laid out here, and everyone knows what the hell is going on.. and ideally, you won't be sending money to me at all.

Let me explain..

My first choice seller for this is an old personal friend of mine. She doesn't do this sort of thing professionally. 50 is a large order for her, she has to travel quite a ways to pick up the mags on her side, and she has family and life to deal with. She doesn't want to spend much time parting stuff out and tracking orders with you all. I'm trying to convince her otherwise, but she is a stubborn Latvian woman who doesn't like to be told the sky is blue. She knows I'm not getting anything out of this, if I was somehow profiting, she'd probably be willing to put in more effort. I'm hoping the final numbers will convince her to do individual transactions..

Since we're rocking and rolling on the numbers.. it looks like we could easily top 55 or 60 mark in a few days.

My second choice is in the Ukraine and sells shit via gunbroker all the time and I have a good business relationship with him, he has an excellent rating there, and usually gets about $40/mag. He is interested in a $25/mag deal if we can get the orders up, and he wouldn't have any problems dealing direct.. but he needs to see confirmations up above 50 mags for the bulk purchase on his side because, well.. we all know some folks here are probably going to back out. That's just how these things go.

I really want to get one of my people to deal directly with you guys via paypal. I'm still hoping for that, and working towards it, it'll make it slicker, easier and faster for you all.. and, most importantly the entire thing will be handled in small individual transactions.. this is important because small batches and individual transactions won't require an ATF Form 6, which would get this whole thing moving nice and fast. Your shipping price would still be good to go, and mags should start showing up about a week and a half or two weeks after you order.

If we need to do a bulk shipment to me, then I'll have to file a Form 6, and then we're looking at a 4 week or so turn around time from ATF.

If I have to go the Form 6 route, then I WON'T be doing this via paypal. If I have to get ATF involved, then I'll require money orders or certified checks that you guys can all send while the form 6 is pending. If it is approved, they get cashed, I'll front any money for dropouts, and I'll paypal the money to my seller. If the form 6 is denied, refunds are a minor expense for stamps out of my pocket back to you guys and its all easy.

I hope that makes things transparent enough.

i got a friend whos interested plus iwant one more.

so make mine 6, lol.

hope this goes through

Noted.

We're getting real close.

My seller in the Ukraine has agreed to handle individual shipments, with the caveat that shipping will of course vary for the number of mags and location.. you guys getting 6 and 8 mags might end up paying a bit more for shipping, but you're still going to come out way ahead.

I decided I'm not going to wait on a Form 6 for this. The longer we wait, the more people will drop out.

I'm going to give my friend in Latvia one more crack at this.. and by the time she responds sometime tonight, I expect we may have already passed the 50 mark.

To make my life easier, I'll wait until tomorrow evening for any last folks to get in on this, and then I'll start PMing the contact info for the seller. If it is the guy in the Ukraine, I'll provide his gunbroker ID so you can check his feedback and view his items up for sale there so you'll know what you're getting, and what sort of deal you're getting beyond his normal $40 price. Because he has a number of mags on GB right now, we may end up blowing his stash on hand, so folks who wait to order after getting the address may need to wait a few extra days for him to get more from his supplier. This thing happened pretty fast, so he hasn't had time to stock up in preparation.

If it is my Latvian friend, you'll have to take my word for it: she's solid. The only time she ever lied to me is when I first met her 8 years or so ago, and she told me Latvia is by the Caspian Sea, and that was a test to see if I knew better. I passed, by the way. If she accepts the deal, she'll be driving out this weekend to pick up the mags, and they'll start shipping Monday.

No matter which seller this goes to what you'll do is email the person with the subject line "Saiga Forum Deal: 45rd RPK magazine" and provide your shipping information, and the quantity of mags you want. They'll respond back with their paypal info (PLEASE PLEASE be discrete with paypal. They aren't gun friendly. You could really fuck things up for the seller by putting gun talk in the notes. "X periodicals" would be a good play on words to use). You pay. They'll get back to you with a tracking number. Click refresh on the UPS tracking page incessantly until they arrive :)

Edited by sickness

Good luck and thanks for doing this.

No worries.

Kinda surprised we haven't had any takers for the last 4 mags yet, with the way its been going. Maybe I pegged the 50 mag sweet spot after all.. I was beginning to doubt my intuition which is usually pretty good for stuff like this.

I just want to say here that if we go with the Ukrainian gunbroker fella, which is looking likely for more than one reason, it would be REALLY good if everyone sticks to their commitment, at least.. or even bumps their numbers by a mag or two.. because I'd like to impress this guy with the forum's buying power. After the sale is complete, and he is fat and happy, I'm going to invite him to the forum here and pitch the benefits to him of becoming a member and show him that giving this forum some discounts is to his benefit.

He sells a lot more stuff than 45rd Molot mags, so if we can manage to do right by the guy, we stand to get the forum a nice inside line on surplus gear on the cheap going forward, too.

Just a thought..

Time for me to get sleep.. maybe when I wake up this shit will have more or less taken care of itself. Or maybe I'll dream of AK74 goodness and just snatch up those last 4 for myself.

after thinking about this a bit more,i would like to add an additional 2 mags.i mean if i didnt i would be crazy to pass up a deal as good as this(even if money is tight)so please adjust my total to 4,and thank you for your effort.

I have exchanged e-mails with the seller, he was quick to respond, I have sent payment and he seems like a great guy to deal with. Now the wait game, I will update when I receive the mags.

:super:

Edit: I ordered 8 mags and was charged $29 for shipping, I think this is a great deal, that is is less than $3.75 to get each mag from the Ukraine :smoke:

Edited by HOG76

payment sent, cant wait! 027.gif

by the way, will there be any problems with customs?

i remember this one time i ordered an "airsoft" izzy bake off ebay, the guy sent two packages and told me it was because of custom. one was the body, second was the internals. well, i got the body. never got the other stuff.

Edited by m1lk

payment sent, cant wait! 027.gif

by the way, will there be any problems with customs?

i remember this one time i ordered an "airsoft" izzy bake off ebay, the guy sent two packages and told me it was because of custom. one was the body, second was the internals. well, i got the body. never got the other stuff.

Well, in all honesty there is always the possibility that customs will block something, some asshole will keep it for themselves, or it will just get lost somehow. When some game console came out, the Wii I think, a friend of mine bought 5 wholesale from a U.S. distributor with the intention of reselling. Not one ever made it to her house. One got picked off a truck on the first leg, another didn't make it out of NC, right down to the LAST one that got swiped by the guy who drove the truck on her street. That's life, I guess. She got reimbursed, but of course, didn't make the profit. Boy was she pissed.

For what its worth, I have received at least 10 packages from this seller, and never once had a problem. Neither has my friend's shipments from Latvia been an issue. I'm not worried.

I had planned to order 4. I told myself over and over.. I'm just ordering 4. I have 6 already. 10 is a nice round number. Just order 4.

So, naturally, I ordered 8.

Here's a fun fact. 45 * 24 = 1080.

Guess I need 10 more mags now.

:ded:

Edited by sickness

Payment sent.

I have seen his items on gunbroker in past. Only read good reviews and wondered when I would end up buying something from him.

Thanks again for setting this up.

Yep. He is a good seller.

There is one feedback that is not A or A+. That is for a lost parcel, for which the buyer was refunded.

No one should feel uneasy about this guy.. if you're going to feel uneasy, feel uneasy about the US Postal Service.

Anyone get a tracking number yet?

Not yet. He didn't have enough in inventory so he had to place a new order from his distributor.. I'm sure thats the only hold up. In his emails he did say he would need a few days to get the orders out. When I was negotiating the terms of the deal, he did mention that he would need half the bread up front to ship me a bulk order individually, because he doesn't keep that many on hand and doesn't want to get stuck w/ loads of mags.

I just sent an email following up w/ him.. I'll let you guys know what I hear.

Edited by sickness

Anyone get a tracking number yet?

Not yet. He didn't have enough in inventory so he had to place a new order from his distributor.. I'm sure thats the only hold up. In his emails he did say he would need a few days to get the orders out. When I was negotiating the terms of the deal, he did mention that he would need half the bread up front to ship me a bulk order individually, because he doesn't keep that many on hand and doesn't want to get stuck w/ loads of mags.

I just sent an email following up w/ him.. I'll let you guys know what I hear.

Thanks for the update! I understand the logistics and feel fortunate to get the deal, just anxious, my rifle arrives Wenesday!:super:

Thanks again Sickness!

Thanks for the update! I understand the logistics and feel fortunate to get the deal, just anxious, my rifle arrives Wenesday!:super:

Thanks again Sickness!

Understood. I'm anxious too.

He got back to me - he said that he made a few shipments already from what he had on hand. He is now waiting for the next batch from his supplier. He hopes to have all of them out in the next 3-5 days. Part of the problem also is that we blew the curve, so to speak.. he had placed an order and we came in above the number, so he had to call his distributor back and update the order, and that incurred a time penalty as well.

So.. we can blame the folks that ordered more than they originally quoted (I'm one of those) and possibly the stragglers that came in late.

But he is happy with our business, and sometime down the line if we do another group buy and give him enough head's up he'll try to be more prepared to meet demand.