2 Q's - Where to buy Ace stocks? Best HG w/rails?

Two questions for the masters of Saiga conversions....

1. Where's the best place to pick up an Ace folding stock? Is there any place that offeres a substatial discount over any other? (I can't seem to find one). Are there any other high-quality US-made folding stocks that people would recommend that allow firing when both open and closed, and will still allow for a Kobra setup too remain mounted while closed?

2. What are some of the preferred US-made handguards that have the 3 rails? I see that you can buy the Tapco hanguard and a set of add-it yourself rails, but I've heard bad things about Tapco quality in general, and the idea of compomising an already questionable structure to add rails doesn't seem so hot to me.

Edited by jlseagull
Is anyone going to chim in on the second question?

cobra did he posted a link to an ultimak rail very expensive but good quality and american made.

Did Ultimak finally release their Saiga-12 compatible model? They have been "in development" with the S-12 version since this past winter, but I believe they have been swamped with military orders for currently available product. It would be nice to hear that the rail for the S-12 is ready.

-P.

Her ya go!  This to me is much more reasonable, not to mention looks more like it belongs on an AK instead of an AR.

http://thecountryshed.com/ak_trirail_mount.htm

Great! Thanks Cobra! That one looks like it hits the spot. Can't see dropping $225 on a handguard.

So anyone know about the Ace stocks? I'm already in contact with Randy about other things so I'll ask him, but if there are other cheap places out there, I'd like to be able to compare.

Thanks!

Her ya go!  This to me is much more reasonable, not to mention looks more like it belongs on an AK instead of an AR.

http://thecountryshed.com/ak_trirail_mount.htm

Sluurp! (wipes away drool from chin) Gotta get me one of those plus one of the fake brakes for the muzzle. Excellent prices!

Cool ya'll glad I could help! Just one thing though, keep in mind those are made to go on a standard AK with removable gas tube and lower HG retainer. It would be a lot of work to put that on a Saiga shotty, not quite as bad on a rifle. I think tapco now has a retainer that can be made to work without removal of the FSB and GB. Good luck and post pics!

Cool ya'll glad I could help! Just one thing though, keep in mind those are made to go on a standard AK with removable gas tube and lower HG retainer. It would be a lot of work to put that on a Saiga shotty...

Just like those damn wood ones eh? Hmmm I know I've seen it done before...just can't remember where?!?!?!?

Those fake-brakes are about the same price as Sportsman's Guide - by far the cheapest out there...

Edited by dinzag

My everyday price on the Ultimak ACR2 lower Tri-rail is $198.00 + s/h, When the S-12 lower is ready I probably can offer a bit more discount if we can get a small group buy going (5-10). I also will be able to offer the 8 rd. mags Tapco is working onand most likely will be able to offer them at a better price. I am a distributor for RSA/Powercustom, Tapco, Ultimak, ACE, and can get most Leapers of NCstar items at near distributor pricing. There's a lot of companies that sell the same items and it won't hurt my feelings to ask me if I can meet or beat thier pricing.

My everyday price on the Ultimak ACR2 lower Tri-rail is $198.00 + s/h, When the S-12 lower is ready I probably can offer a bit more discount if we can get a small group buy going (5-10).  I also will be able to offer the 8 rd. mags Tapco is working onand most likely will be able to offer them at a better price.  I am a distributor for RSA/Powercustom, Tapco, Ultimak, ACE, and can get most Leapers of NCstar items at near distributor pricing.  There's a lot of companies that sell the same items and it won't hurt my feelings to ask me if I can meet or beat thier pricing.

BlackJack, I left a message on your machine on Monday, please give me a call when you have time on Wed , I'd like to place an order, but wanted to ask a couple questions.

What are the Saiga-12 compatible choices for a railed foregrip if you just need one rail? All I need to attach is a flashlight, and I don't need the other two rails for that. Does anyone make anything like that for cheap, or is it all tri-rail?

My everyday price on the Ultimak ACR2 lower Tri-rail is $198.00 + s/h, When the S-12 lower is ready I probably can offer a bit more discount if we can get a small group buy going (5-10).  I also will be able to offer the 8 rd. mags Tapco is working onand most likely will be able to offer them at a better price.  I am a distributor for RSA/Powercustom, Tapco, Ultimak, ACE, and can get most Leapers of NCstar items at near distributor pricing.  There's a lot of companies that sell the same items and it won't hurt my feelings to ask me if I can meet or beat thier pricing.

So Tapco is working on 8-round 12ga mags? I remember there was a rumor about that, but this is the first I've heard since.

• 2 weeks later...
OK.  I think I've given up on the Tri-rail handguards.  Anyone know a good "Made-for-Saiga-12" single-rail hanguard?

Thanks in advance!

-Brian

As far as I know there is no one at this time making a specific S12 handguard. There is although somone making a rail system that bolts to the stock rail sight system. It unfortunatly is no cheaper than an ultimak but looks pretty cool. Sorry I cant seem to find the link to it.

OK.  I think I've given up on the Tri-rail handguards.  Anyone know a good "Made-for-Saiga-12" single-rail hanguard?

Thanks in advance!

-Brian

As far as I know there is no one at this time making a specific S12 handguard. There is although somone making a rail system that bolts to the stock rail sight system. It unfortunatly is no cheaper than an ultimak but looks pretty cool. Sorry I cant seem to find the link to it.

There are some CNC milled aluminum tri-rail lower handguards for the S-12 and S-20 that will be available in a few weeks.