Thread/crown-is it needed?

Would a 11 degree match target crown be affected or even needed if a flash suppressor/comp was used. Or just keep the military profile and thread the barrel?

Also, should the end of the barrel be flush with the inside of the brake/suppressor? I have about 3/8 inch gap between the end of the bore before it bottoms out on the suppressor.

Thanks

I wanted to give you a response, cuz I havent seen any others. I have a gap in mine too, a little less than 3/8. It has shot just fine, for almost 1000rds. Threading only cuts the outside, and doesnt affect the inner part of your crown, the only part that really matters.

If you are concerned with accuracy, a flash hider 'can' affect it, depending on what kind you have and other factors, such as tightness and how gas is directed, matter too. Just shoot with it off a couple groups, then on a couple groups, at say 50-100yds and see if there is a real difference.

Just curious, what type of weapon are you referring to? If you are thinking of recrowning a saiga 7.62x39, I would say to just save your money. Im not an expert in how a different degree of crowning would affect accuracy in your ak, I just dont think its necessary and I dout Im alone.

Are you having any accuracy issues with your rifle or is this just a thought?