I have had one for a few years now. Paid around $229 with the red dot on it. Feels kinda cheap, but shoots just fine. Mine is 9mm, I just wanted a Plinker that was bigger than a .22. I torture tested mine by intentionaly not cleaning it until I shot 2000 rounds through it. No jams or any other failures. Only issue is that the Blazer ammo with steel casings doesn"t fire in it. Firing pin hits the primer, just not enough.

Over all, a good fun plinker.

A friend of mine has one and it's fine. If I was going to get something like it I'd go for a Kel-Tec though.

I just looked at their site they only had one and I didn't care for it maybe I'm on the wrong site is there another one for them ??

The Kel Tec model is the Sub 2000. It folds itself almost in half for easy transportation and accepts Glock mags. Expect to pay $75-100 more than the Hi-Point if you can find one.

Neither are going to be top tier with their craftsmanship or finish, but they will work fine. The main issue for me on the Hi-Point is the roll pin needed for disassembly - I bought a pistol years ago and couldn't punch the roll pin out to take the gun apart for cleaning so I returned it (it was used and had a 30 day return policy). Gun Tests magazine did however give the Hi Point carbine a very good score and a "Best Buy" if I recall. For a truck gun/plinker it will suit you well.

A friend of mine has one and it's fine. If I was going to get something like it I'd go for a Kel-Tec though.

I just looked at their site they only had one and I didn't care for it maybe I'm on the wrong site is there another one for them ??

The Kel Tec model is the Sub 2000. It folds itself almost in half for easy transportation and accepts Glock mags. Expect to pay $75-100 more than the Hi-Point if you can find one.

Neither are going to be top tier with their craftsmanship or finish, but they will work fine. The main issue for me on the Hi-Point is the roll pin needed for disassembly - I bought a pistol years ago and couldn't punch the roll pin out to take the gun apart for cleaning so I returned it (it was used and had a 30 day return policy). Gun Tests magazine did however give the Hi Point carbine a very good score and a "Best Buy" if I recall. For a truck gun/plinker it will suit you well.

Now I just have to find one

This is a 9mm Carbine for around $380 It looks like it would be fun to shoot I was thinking about getting it in a 40 or 45 but 9's would be a lot cheaper on ammo4xLG.gif

msrp is $282 on the 9mm with scope, i shoot walmart federal ,$10-11 a box , never had a problem , i looked at keltec , no place to mount optics

They were all over the place on Sunday at Split Rock! I saw at lest a dozen from several vendors. The keltec s2000 were also available. There is another show at Wind Gap. Smaller but a lot of the same vendors.

I have one. :P It's one of my go to plinkers. I actually wore out the bolt shooting it so much. HiPoints factory service totally rebuilt it, replaced all my magazines, and sent me back a new one to boot. The cost of the service? $0. HP's Lifetime Warranty covered everything. I would highly recommend a HP carbine to anyone interested.

post-23857-0-90484400-1313604677_thumb.jpg

Now I really want one just cant find one Damn it and i don't know to go with 9mm or 40 ???

9mm ammo is a lot cheaper

Yea and i do have a 40 cal pistol already..... I have 9mm pistol too but I hardly shoot it i like my bigger caliber pistols but this just looks fun and it would give me a reason to shoot the pistol more sice I'd have more ammo for it..... 9mm it is now i just have to find one

Now I really want one just cant find one Damn it and i don't know to go with 9mm or 40 ???

9mm ammo is a lot cheaper

Yea and i do have a 40 cal pistol already..... I have 9mm pistol too but I hardly shoot it i like my bigger caliber pistols but this just looks fun and it would give me a reason to shoot the pistol more sice I'd have more ammo for it..... 9mm it is now i just have to find one

If you are a very good shooter you can get 4"-5" groups at 100 yards. Most are happy with minute-of-pieplate at that range. It's not a tack driver like an AR. I wouldn't expect that out of a pistol caliber carbine. I plink paint cans and buckets with mine at 100 yards.

This is a 9mm Carbine for around $380 It looks like it would be fun to shoot I was thinking about getting it in a 40 or 45 but 9's would be a lot cheaper on ammo

Way over priced for that particular model, High Point's website list MSRP at $297.00.

The fully loaded 995TSFGL-LAZ black with forward grip, flashlight and laser is MSRP $390.00

Get the hipoint in 9 or 45.

I have the 9. It is a tank. Lifetime zero questions asked warranty.

Get the ATI stock. Mount a red dot. You will NEVER LOOK BACK or regret it!!!

I have a bid on one and am watching two more all of which are 9mm's so hopefully I will have one soon

Mine looks like THIS... Kinda...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/HP995-15rdfront3.jpg

You have to add a full length BARREL SHROUD to it as well... ( in black) and the optic is a bushnell trophy red dot! instead of the one shown... I also have the under barrel laser and the double mag pouch on the stock.

Still, I think in THAT config... its a sexy looking gun!!!! :wub:

:smoke:

Mine looks like THIS... Kinda...

http://upload.wikime...-15rdfront3.jpg

You have to add a full length BARREL SHROUD to it as well... ( in black) and the optic is a bushnell trophy red dot! instead of the one shown... I also have the under barrel laser and the double mag pouch on the stock.

Still, I think in THAT config... its a sexy looking gun!!!! :wub:

:smoke:

Very cool looking configuration and i bet it's a fun range toy and plinker can't wait to get mine