Now For The Hard Part.......

After having my eye on the Saiga 5.45, I finally ordered all of the parts and have received them all. From here I'll keep you all posted with my progress n ask questions (A LOT of em cuz i've never done a conversion :cryss: )

Here's where I'm at so far:

dscf0084be.jpg

*Eotech 512

*Primary Arms 7x Magnifier

*Primary Arms FTS Mount

*DPH Beryl Mount

*TimberSmith Furniture

*Custom Pistol Grip :super:

*Polish Magazine

*Tapco Trigger & Angled Guard From CSS

If you have any suggestions/ question don't hesitate to post!

It seems as though I've make a newbie mistake and forgot those parts :cryss:

This is one of the main reasons that I started this thread.

Thanks!

PS: I can already tell that this is going to be a rough conversion lol

Edited by King Cash

For me, the hardest part was getting the factory stock off.

I took two breaks while trying to unscrew it and did push ups in between...I'm half way there now :lolol:

With me, one of the screw stripped and I had to drill it out. Took me close to an hour of fucking with it.

thats a nice looking stockset. I like the drilled holes in the PG, havent seen that befor, and theres 2 in this thread.

I got it here: http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78081

It costs $40 shipped n i received mine in 2 days (Utah to Miami, FL). It's GREAT quality n I'm ready to stain it...But still not sure which of those 3 to go with.

Edited by King Cash

The hard part is over, waiting for your goodies to arrive. Trust me there is nothing to difficult the average Joe couldn't do with very minimal tools and proper guidance (i.e. youtube and of course Saiga12.com). You will gain confidence and knowledge in your weapon that you could never get any other way than helping build it. The FSB swap is a peice of cake; punch out pins and press off FSB (OR) dremel cut along the length of the old FSB throw it away. Then press the new one on, pop pins back in, and twist the break on.

thats a nice looking stockset. I like the drilled holes in the PG, havent seen that befor, and theres 2 in this thread.

It costs $40 shipped n i received mine in 2 days (Utah to Miami, FL). It's GREAT quality n I'm ready to stain it...But still not sure which of those 3 to go with.

That sucks... that forum got rid of my account befor I even made a post due to my handle making references to terrorism...

The hard part is over, waiting for your goodies to arrive. Trust me there is nothing to difficult the average Joe couldn't do with very minimal tools and proper guidance (i.e. youtube and of course Saiga12.com). You will gain confidence and knowledge in your weapon that you could never get any other way than helping build it. The FSB swap is a peice of cake; punch out pins and press off FSB (OR) dremel cut along the length of the old FSB throw it away. Then press the new one on, pop pins back in, and twist the break on.

I'm going to a gun shop at noon and the guy that owns it, is going to let me use his tools and i'm going to use my internet knowledge and his handy work to get this done...I'll keep u guys updated of course!

I still like that 2nd furniture set but with the kind of translucent look of the 3rd BUT I'm torn between that idea and #1 because of its uniqueness...Decisions, decisions.

Also, the shop owner wont be able to help me until later in the week but this is it so far

25885002.jpg

Update: I got a Bulgy FSB along with the zig zag brake yesterday. Also, I'm going to have to wait to convert my rifle later in the week when I have the tools handy but in the meantime, I'll finish finishing the furniture (I went with option 1 and am about to put the 4th coat of poly on) :-D

That sucks... that forum got rid of my account befor I even made a post due to my handle making references to terrorism...

You know... now that I think about it I don't think it was AK files that banned me, I think it was the AK forum...

Sorry to anyone on AK files for me mixing up the two.

cool gun. Im also in Miami if you need help with the conversion let me know its really not hard.

in the first pic are those all the parts you have because the trigger group looks incomplete, your missing the new Hammer, Shepards crook/retaining plate and the disconnect+ spring, im just assuming from the pic

let me know if ya need help im near FIU

Because the AK gas tube and lower retainer will be needed to use the tradtional AK stock set that he purchased.

The Saiga uses a different handguard and a gas tube. Some do not do the full blown conversion,and leave the saiga HG and gas tube as is. Hope this helps .

Edited by mikebaker1129

I FINALLY got the rifle converted thanks to Battosaii!!! I met with him tonight and was a huge help!..Can't wait to take it to the range man :killer:

How are you liking that magnifier with the eotech? And did you stain the wood or do the x metals paint?

I haven't sighted it in and fired with them on yet but it seems perfect when i'm playing with it around the house (definitely better than my $50 red dots). And i actually painted it n used about 9 coats of poly (pretty much like the first option of pics that i posted)...I'll be posting pics tomorrow once everything's 100% complete :super: !