- - - - -

Ejection Problem with Saiga 12

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gmiller

gmiller

• 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

Have new Saiga 12 but have ejection problems. Shooting Winchester 12 guage 2 3/4 low brass. Tried both settings and still had problems. Replaced the plug with MD Arms V-Plug Improved Saiga 12 gas plug. Also, replaced the piston with MD Arms Saiga Booster Piston. Still have ejection problems. Have fired maybe 2 boxes of shells through the weapon.

#2 yooper14.5

yooper14.5

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

Profile the bcg, and drill the ports.
-Terrorists practice a radical form of Islam; twice the murdering, half the bathing.
-They enjoy blowing themselves up and we enjoy blowing them up. You'd think we would get along better.
-They will riot and kill each other over a few stupid cartoons. We should make more of those.
-Always keep your gun pointed in a safe direction, such as at a hippie or communist.
-Peace through superior firepower.

#3 Castalia

Castalia

• Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:58 PM

Make sure your forend is not blocking the exhaust port on your gas block. Located on the left side of your weapon and to the lower back portion of the gas block. I put a SGM quadrail on my gun and blocked the exhaust port. I could have spent a thousand dollars on all kinds of things and still had FTE's. Drilled a hole through the quadrail and the gun was good to go. No FTE's. Your Mileage May Vary, Castalia
I feel much better now that I've given up all hope. ~Monte Walsh

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

#4 Mullet Man

Mullet Man

Top Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,726 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:05 PM

Something to help break in, is to grab the S12, clear it and make safe, sit down and procede to rack the chargeing handle until your arm wants to fall off. Then do it again with the other arm. Its free and beats throwing money or work at it right away.
Then take it out and test it some more.

What Winchester were you using?

Are you a resident of Illinois? Join www.Illinoiscarry.com

Items for sale...http://forum.saiga-1...-vepr12-and-ak/

#5 evlblkwpnz

evlblkwpnz

6.5"

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

Very wise. These are, after all, "gas operated" weapons.

Many people often overlook this "undisputable fact"....

Prodigy....

#6 gmiller

gmiller

• 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

Something to help break in, is to grab the S12, clear it and make safe, sit down and procede to rack the chargeing handle until your arm wants to fall off. Then do it again with the other arm. Its free and beats throwing money or work at it right away.
Then take it out and test it some more.

What Winchester were you using?

Using Winchester Super X Lead Shot Game Loads 71/2 shot. Thought $4.50 was a good price, so I picked up quite a few.

#7 gmiller

gmiller

• 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

Thank you for your time and info. However, I am new to this gun. I do not know what bcg is and would you please be more specific about 'drill the ports'

thank you

#8 gmiller

gmiller

• 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

Make sure your forend is not blocking the exhaust port on your gas block. Located on the left side of your weapon and to the lower back portion of the gas block. I put a SGM quadrail on my gun and blocked the exhaust port. I could have spent a thousand dollars on all kinds of things and still had FTE's. Drilled a hole through the quadrail and the gun was good to go. No FTE's. Your Mileage May Vary, Castalia

I did check that port. Have slightly less than 1/8th inch clear. There is a vent in the rail, however, it is lower than the port. I will take your suggestion and drill.

#9 S-12 Pauly

S-12 Pauly

There can only be one, "best"

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

Thank you for your time and info. However, I am new to this gun. I do not know what bcg is and would you please be more specific about 'drill the ports'

thank you

The "BCG" is the bolt & carrier group, but you want to profile the hammer also if you're converted. Here's a thread that explains; http://forum.saiga-1...olish-the-bolt/

Drill the ports pertains to bringing the ports up to 3 @ .093" or 4 at .074"-077".
If the 3 ports are bigger than the 4 port size to begin with, like if there's any wiggle-room with a 5/64" drill bit, I'd recommend going the 3 @ .093" route.

The 4-port VS 3-port debate generally centers around some people feeling that 4 smaller ports will filter out debris. While others feel that 3 larger ports will be less likely to clog from debris.

But first make sure they're unobstructed;
http://forum.saiga-1...cked-gas-ports/

Maybe you want to check & get a ballpark on their size first though;
http://forum.saiga-1...-gas-port-size/

Or, maybe try a Booster Puc first; http://store.carolin...STER-PUC/Detail

Good luck, and remember, there's a lot more to these weapons than just the 3 "P"s (Polish/Profile & Ports), so that's just a start.
If after those it still has issues, you start more troubleshooting to get to a perfect balance for reliability & durability.

Email: paulyski@gmail.com

Phone Number: (971) 209-2711

#10 yooper14.5

yooper14.5

Executive Member

• PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

thank you

Looks like pauly explained it pretty well, sorry I wasn't more specific, typing on my phones a PITA.
-Terrorists practice a radical form of Islam; twice the murdering, half the bathing.
-They enjoy blowing themselves up and we enjoy blowing them up. You'd think we would get along better.
-They will riot and kill each other over a few stupid cartoons. We should make more of those.
-Always keep your gun pointed in a safe direction, such as at a hippie or communist.
-Peace through superior firepower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users