well I got my approved form 1 in the mail yesterday. this morning it took a whole 10 minutes to make the stock functional, dremel and a drill. it took longer to drive to a friend's house who has a welded to weld the bottom of the button release shaft to the bottom of the stock locking bar, a 5 second job.

and for those that are curious on how long it took for my form 1 to come back - mailed it off 9 april approved 12 aug, got it in my mail box on the 17 aug. so for those that are counting it took 130 days from mailing it off to when I got the approved form back

post-22408-0-99530500-1313724080_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 2

Very cool. I still have to get mine engraved and then I can attach my stock. Problem is is that the only people who'll do it are 3 hours away. But that's ok. Prolly just have rifle dynamics turn it into an ak104 for me and they can engrave it while there at it.

Yup. That and the Draco are probably the two easiest SBRs to do.

kinda have to disagree with you there. the easiest ones I have found to do is my VECTOR V-89 and V-53 pistols. that was nothing but taking the end cap off and adding a stock :)

MP5KPDW_stock_extended.jpg

HK53A3.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice! I was heavily considering the pps but the more I thought about it the more I realized that I already have what I want and atm id rather stock up on ammo, mags and accessories for the stuff I already own.

Yup. That and the Draco are probably the two easiest SBRs to do.

kinda have to disagree with you there. the easiest ones I have found to do is my VECTOR V-89 and V-53 pistols. that was nothing but taking the end cap off and adding a stock :)

MP5KPDW_stock_extended.jpg

HK53A3.jpg

Can't forget the Uzi (barrel change) and AR (upper change)

Wish we could get SBR/SBS here in MI. In my ultimate collection the only long guns I'd have @ or above 16" would be a standard AK(s) (just to keep, the shorties would get much more play), .308 MBR (16", 18 tops) and Kalashnikov sniper

I saw a catalog for Centerfire Systems, the Polish Radom ones were on sale for something like 270. that price caught my interest, even if it would have to stay just a pistol. Always wanted a semi auto SMG type gun (Mac, Uzi, Tec 9, etc.) and love Soviet weapons so it would be like 2 birds with one stone, and the plinking real cheap and with some power. Too bad I got more important stuff to get first before I look at something that would be purely a toy.

As I understand, if one Michigander were so inclined and had the cash, he could get one as long as it is a real chopper. But semi only, a no-go. More than being bad, weapon laws here are just weird.

I've been thinking I could use a AOW Ithaca Stakeout or 590 (not a Serbu), and if I save long enough, a M-10 or M-11/9 SMG, or a Ruger AC-556 would really be the cat's ass. Really have no use for these, unlike a SBR/SBS, but kind of want one cause I could.

Matthew, who built the gun and how does she run?

Matthew, who built the gun and how does she run?

the gun was built entirely in RADOM, POLAND by a company called PIONEERS ARMS CORP. , I believe that is the commerical firearms side of the RADOM arsenal.

she shoots great, no jams etc... if you use "fresh" ammo, 80s vintage surplus romanian yugo or commercial ammo . the 50s polish and bulgarian ammo is garbage. dead primers, and the neck cases split.

I'm in the process now of making a drum for it, using a PPSH drum and the top part of the PPS stick mag as a feedtower. just have to get the feedtower welded onto the drum, when time permits.

if you want to read more about it, I put a thread up on the THEAKFORUM

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=163012