I used to work with MPI(the Army version) and we did alot of pawnshop investigations to see who was buying contraband and more importantly, who was selling it. Most the Shop owners were happy to work with us. Nothing says "I'm screwed" quite like getting caught selling Military goods you're not even supposed to have access to.

NO active duty military unit may take part in this type of action on American Soil. OSI conducted the investigation and turned it over to the FBI, who would conduct the actual, hands on raid of the civilian business establishment. If the business establishment was on the military reservation, then they (OSI) would have arresting authorization, but they DO NOT have any authorization off of the military reservation.

Only in National Emergencies will military units be give additional authority to act on civilian matters.

Jack

• Like 1

I, E-mailed my buddy who was a RRF for the base here in town about this and this is the conversation we had. His name is A.

http://www.lvrj.com/...-128106808.html

Waite said : What do you think about this .........

A said: OSI is the air forces version of the FBI, there is no reason as to why they were involved. Posse Comitatus prohibits this, even if they're the "tactical command", they can only do their job on DoD property. This is what martial law looks like. They're so bored that they jump into stuff like this, illegally. The military is being morphed into an illegal civilian role, it's been going on since 9/11. Military intelligence has been spying on people at least to my knowledge as far back as 2002, if not sooner.

Waite said:Even though it's not DoD property, do you think it involved DoD personnel and property and that's why they are involved? Stolen guns or ammo perhaps?

A said:If it involved DoD personnel and property, more than likely there would have been a couple of OSI guys there to oversea any inventory, and potentially a couple SP's (airforce MP's) to officiate/oversea any arrests, document inventory, and maybe seal any evidence for DoD. the alphabet agencies can do all of this without DoD assistance, so their presence there was unnecessary. If OSI had any direct involvement other than observation of any DoD personnel or equipment, then court martials need to happen. This raid is standard enforcement of fed and local agencies.
Edited by Waite

Years ago while I was active USAF I had the FBI and USAF Security Police searched my house Off Base. It was explained to me that the reason the FBI is involved was because they are a Federal entity used when not on government property, and the USAF SP was along to identify military owned equipment.

The reason for the search? An ejection seat came up missing from a F-105 aircraft I worked on the night before and they checked on everyone that was involved with that aircraft. When they realized that my only mode of transportation was a Honda CB-350 motorcycle and that it was highly unlikely that I drove through the base and out of a guarded gate with an ejection seat, I was removed from the suspect list. Still, it freaked my wife out when she opened the door and (2) FBI agents flashed their badges and (2) SP's in uniform were standing behind them.

Why in the heck would the Air Force raid anybody??

Was the guy trying to sell a Sidewinder or Phoenix missile?? :lolol:

You'd be surprised what grows legs and walks off military installations. Sounds like they were just along for the ride to identify Government Property. AFOSI, CID, NCIS are always out and about around military bases gathering intelligence on anything, stolen property, drug trafficking, etc. Lots of local LEO agencies seek their assistance in lots of cases as well. A couple stolen cases of MREs could have been just the tip of the iceberg. With a base as big as Nellis, this shop could have been moving lots of other USAF property.

• Like 2

i like sbr without stamps and filing the sear on my weapon so its full auto,or at least I did when I was young and had nothing to lose. Bottom line is if we play with things we should not the man will come,and whats right is dictated by them. whats fair or what the letter of the law etc doesnt matter at this point because you will go one way or the other. the big one now in our town is for the young police to jump in front of the car while dumping a 16 round magazine through the drivers windscreen,oh yeah shouting"stop resisting!" so the kid with the expired revoked licence or bag of grass went to the field forever because he tried to run. and the papers report the guy tried to run down the cops. so whats right is what they say is right. I know kids with storage spaces full of armor,webbing,even weapon parts so you guys are absolutely right that mres are just the tip. and we pay for all that stuff again one way or the other. now I wouldnt mind some of their equipment except my rifles are better than theirs,I wouldnt want any of the hologram or infra red bombing indicators getting into the hands of taliban al qaeda assholes and have them sending our own bombs at our people or passing through our troops with the holograms under our uavs and helicopters. its tough because were all freedom lovers definitely,less government is more,but i have partners in places with no government and that shit is scary,armed camp 24 hours a day when anyone you meet after dark is an enemy or a victim? I dont care what movies are playing in your head that sucks big time. I have never had a police try to enter my home for no reason,out of the blue,without fair reason not ever..one way or the other I brought them there myself..

i like sbr without stamps and filing the sear on my weapon so its full auto,or at least I did when I was young and had nothing to lose. Bottom line is if we play with things we should not the man will come,and whats right is dictated by them. whats fair or what the letter of the law etc doesnt matter at this point because you will go one way or the other. the big one now in our town is for the young police to jump in front of the car while dumping a 16 round magazine through the drivers windscreen,oh yeah shouting"stop resisting!" so the kid with the expired revoked licence or bag of grass went to the field forever because he tried to run. and the papers report the guy tried to run down the cops. so whats right is what they say is right. I know kids with storage spaces full of armor,webbing,even weapon parts so you guys are absolutely right that mres are just the tip. and we pay for all that stuff again one way or the other. now I wouldnt mind some of their equipment except my rifles are better than theirs,I wouldnt want any of the hologram or infra red bombing indicators getting into the hands of taliban al qaeda assholes and have them sending our own bombs at our people or passing through our troops with the holograms under our uavs and helicopters. its tough because were all freedom lovers definitely,less government is more,but i have partners in places with no government and that shit is scary,armed camp 24 hours a day when anyone you meet after dark is an enemy or a victim? I dont care what movies are playing in your head that sucks big time. I have never had a police try to enter my home for no reason,out of the blue,without fair reason not ever..one way or the other I brought them there myself..

well that seems spammy or .....something...

well that seems spammy or .....something...

NAH... not spammy... Just a rant... a bit SARCASTIC... a little paranoid, perhaps... edgy...

Your issue is that it is poorly written. I need to get out my red "english teacher" pen so I can correct the grammar there.

Still... Its certainly not spam... :up:

:smoke: