best options for MAGS?

Current options-

1) Order from overseas @ about $100 each, all said and done...

2) Buy one on the domestic market as the pop up, abour $150+ for 8 rounders, $75+ for 5 rounders

3) Wait for someone to import them again

4) Wait for someone to make a domestic variant.

5) The needle-in-a-haystack option of finding some old, out of the way Sporting Goods store who bought a few Saigas and some mags and still have them, totally oblivious to the fact that they are no longer imported.

You can't rely on this option to bring you mags since it's sort of predicated on dumb luck, but you hear about it now and then...

Those are your only options.

There is no secret source where people are secretly ordering them for $30 each. None are currently imported, and they were scarce to begin with.

8 round mags exist only in the imagination, but there are forum members working on the 8 round solution and another on the 10 round solution.

I just purchased 2 five round Mags from ACCU47 who ships from Russia. Cost for 2 mags just over $110.00 plus shipping and gandling. Check out his offer on FOR SALE AND TRADE. Why the Camos are cheaper than the black is beyond me.......

:blues::blues::blues:

8 round mags exist only in the imagination, but there are forum members working on the 8 round solution and another on the 10 round solution.

I just purchased 2 five  round Mags from ACCU47 who ships from Russia.  Cost for 2 mags just over $110.00 plus shipping and gandling.  Check out his offer on FOR SALE AND TRADE.  Why the Camos are cheaper than the black is beyond me.......

:blues:  :blues:  :blues:

Your kidding about the 8rd mags right? I had a total of 5 of them before selling 3 on ebay to make the 2 I kept seem cheaper.

It was my understanding that the current situation of accesible 8 round magazines is scarce due to the fact that the Importers are not getting the things in and that it woiuld be until September before the next shipment comes in from Russia, if at all. [Plus the cCntroversy over new importation bans, real and proposed]

If someone were lucky enough to get 8 round mags on the last orders from Oleg, that's wonderful.

Yet, as written, Ray wanted to know about current availabilty, hence my response.

It is true, 8 round magazines are out there if a person wants to pay the increased prices. I will wait for the American 'can do' talents of forum members to produce 8 - 10 round mags at an acceptable competitive prices and support their efforts.

I am very impressed by the constant searching by the gunsmiths, machinists, etc. of this forum in meeting the demands of all of us.

And, for clarity's sake, I listed the Accu47 post in Sale or Trade on the 5 round magazines.

That's about it and all I have to say

Take care folks

What are the current options for getting Saiga 12 MAGS?

I need both 5 and 8 round mags.

Thanks

Ray

I bit the bullet so to speak and ordered 2 eight round mags for 210 GBP which equals $157 - 17.5% from www.rusmilitary.com I just got tired of screwing around on it and just ordered them.

Edited by topmaul

Thanks

Ray

I bit the bullet so to speak and ordered 2 eight round mags for 210 GBP which equals $157 - 17.5% from www.rusmilitary.com I just got tired of screwing around on it and just ordered them.

Waaaay back when you could get them from CDNN, I had ordered an extra 4 5rnd mags from them for 25$ ea...smartest move I ever made...

when the 8rnd craze started after the ban sunsetting, I hopped on the bandwagon late, and had to pay thru the nose to get them, so I guess karma caught up w/me...

If you gotta have em, you need to PM Acca47. He is in Russia, and has a line to the factory for certain things...I have ordered from him twice, and he came thru like a champ both times, with around 2-3 week shipping times from russia. He will deliver what he says, when he says, for the price quoted every time. That's your best bet now...

Thanks

Ray

A question for everyone:

If I make the tooling and build mags - how many per year could I expect to sell?

The trouble with mags is that once you have your requirements met your all set so, I need four eights and a few fives so when my next two eights get here I will be done buying mags.

If there is an importer that starts bringing saigas in to the country there will be a large market for mags. Here is a hint if you could find out how many magazines Rusmilitary got in the last shipment. Then figure how fast they sold out you could have some idea what the market demand is.

If your mags are all-American parts, then there is a fairly good market for them.

As it is, S-12 cannot legally use the Russian 8-rnders without modification because of 922r. ATF tech branch has ruled [informally?] that OEM S-12 w/ OEM 8-rnders violates the import ban, iirc from elsewhere in the forum.

Many S-12 owners do not have the will to jump through the 922r hoops to be able to use the OEM 8-rnders.

However, an all-American NLFD or 8-rnder will automatically make an OEM S-12 922r-compliant because the magazine counts as 3 parts and the S-12 itself is 10 parts.

Therefore, as soon as RAA starts selling S-12s, you'll have a good market for all-American NLFDs and 8-rnders. [Rumor is, Stony Creek Armory is making NLFDs, but it's been months since the rumor started, and Stony Creek has yet to show any results.]

An all-American LFD will also make pistol-grip conversion easier. There are several products on the market to allow pistol-grip conversion without any internal modifications to the S-12, but 922r would still be an issue w/o an all-American LFD/NLFD.

Of course, it is debatable whether a HC-LFD/NLFD will change the political landscape regarding S-12s, but that's another thread all by itself.

In addition, because the Combat Shotgun System from the Army uses S-12 magazines, your all-American LFD/NLFDs will have a ready military market as well.