some bling for the AK

I've been looking at those for a while. Can't get past it being a "pretty gun". I'd prolly put some really nice wood on it and never shoot it. It would only be a safe queen/paper weight for me. Trying not to buy anything that isnt practical. Was a nice thought though

I like the look of the gun, however in a SHTF scenario, that chrome finish would not be an advantage.

just my :2c:

That I understand. I've been trying to find an AK that i like but have had no luck, the wood does not really do anything for me but i've only seen two in person with the wood furniture and they looked cheap. It's not a gun that is carried a whole lot in my area so finding one that i like is provinig to be difficult

ahhh but thats the great thing about the age we live in.... you can order ANYTHING off the internet

you don't have to find an AK you like, you just need an AK for its steel... replace that tacky wood with anything you like... I'm not a big fan of wood myself on AKs but I own.... christ...7 I think now counting the RPK, PSL, Draco, UF, SF, full size, and full size with poly... no 2 are alike... each one is perfect.. the perfect AK in MY mind when I looked at that specific platform

buy the gun, order ya a part this week, a part next month, 2 or 3 parts at income tax time, blah blah blah.... make it ....perfect!

that chrome though... dude, just no.... just say no...ain't none of us THAT gangsta /shudder

I'm not very fond of that, but I would like to know how to get that weathered look like one of the dracos in the picture thread.

Try a fine grain of sand paper or a dremel tool and lightly sand and or polish it; you want to concentrate on areas that would wear first like edges, and areas where your hands touch. You can also try steel wool and similar mild abrasives to accomplish the look.

• Like 1

Finding an AK that you like is hard? What kind of gun are you looking for?

I heard gold teeth are the thing these days.

Not exactly sure I"ll know it when i see it and besides this one i haven't seen another to catch my eye.

And Gold teeth are Getto but t if anyone has them they would be worth a lot more money now

Yep, it's definitely "bling" as you so colorfully put it.

Does it match your "grille" ?

Unless you're a ghetto rat, I don't see the attraction.

Edited by patriot

Yep, it's definitely "bling" as you so colorfully put it.

Does it match your "grille" ?

Unless you're a ghetto rat, I don't see the attraction.

Not a GHETTO Rat by any standards but I'm not going to tell you what I Make or about my house to prove it I don't need to. The whole bling comment was me just trying to have a little fun but I do like the gun and like t3 said sometimes the whole SHTF suff is way over done

Wanna add some bling to your AK-47 this is it.......... My next gun sweet

1975-chrome-ak.jpg

If you like it buy it! You wont hear me trying to talk you out of it!

If you were asking my opinion on it, Not for me! Different strokes for different folks I guess. There is a market for everything.

• 3 weeks later...