New Russian Imported Saiga's

For several years we have been working on getting in a better version of the basic Russian IZ132 Saiga rifles for our customer and conversions. Below is the Saiga 100 Series IZ132 Model 2 that features >>>>>

Russian Installed Gas Tube

Russian Installed Gas Block

Russian Installed Hand Guards

Russian Installed AK74 Front sight & 24 mm threads

They are imported with a thread protector welded on but can be removed during conversion.

Yes they are more expensive than the basic IZ 132 but only about half of what it would cost in parts & paying a gunsmith to do the work plus all of this work is Factory installed .

IZ132MODEL2.jpg

• Like 3

Do these have stepped chambers like regular saigas or non-stepped like the Arsenal SGl21s?

For several years we have been working on getting in a better version of the basic Russian IZ132 Saiga rifles for our customer and conversions. Below is the Saiga 100 Series IZ132 Model 2 that features >>>>>

Russian Installed Gas Tube

Russian Installed Gas Block

Russian Installed Hand Guards

Russian Installed AK74 Front sight & 24 mm threads

They are imported with a thread protector welded on but can be removed during conversion.

Yes they are more expensive than the basic IZ 132 but only about half of what it would cost in parts & paying a gunsmith to do the work plus all of this work is Factory installed .

IZ132MODEL2.jpg

I can't believe I didn't see this here yet.

Here ya go folks!

New Saiga 100 IZ 132

Fret not, it was posted here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/69984-saiga-100-series-form-atlantic-half-converted-saiga-out-of-the-box/

as well as in the General Discussion area.

But they do look pretty awesome and would significantly cut down on restoration effort and cost!

no dimples? thats a bummer

do they have the pistol grip hole already cut in them?

they have evrything needed to hold cleaning rod right?

Doesn't look like it. No lug on the gas block from what I can see. I would like to see some better pictures before I jump in feet first.

It looks like there is some new kind of etching on the front trunnion where the saiga stamp and proof marks used to me. Also, what is the mark between the rear trunnion rivet, and the safety? More etching?

Of course they do not have a bayonet lug they could not be legally imported with Lugs.

Wait....that looks like a bayo lug in the picture.

Thats what i see too. Why no gas block lug tho?

I would assume because without the back luck you cant use a bayonet. So they are able to import it.

I suppose you could weld a rear lug on?

Just my 2 cents. May not be so.

IZ132MODEL2.jpg

Well I thought long on this and I think it can legally be done so here is an idea to really make many potential buyers happy.

Get the next shipment imported with dimples, a bullet guide installed at the factory, and the trigger guard/group already in the forward position.

The dimples will always make these even more appealing and I doubt it will cost anymore to specify the factory for dimpled receivers.

A bullet guide preinstalled at the factory should have absolutely no import problems because the rifle will still not accept surplus military mags without filing the mag latch, but it will ultimately make the end users very happy about not having to drill and tap the trunnion to install one which is a pain in the ass considering how tough the russian steel is.

The trigger guard and trigger group already in the forward normal position will also make things easier, and since the sporter stock is readily importable this should not cause any import problems. Now, someone might say that the forward trigger position will not be so great for the sporter stock, well most people that are going to buy these are going to rebuild them into something closer to what an sgl21 looks like so they really won't care if the sporter stock and trigger forward position will not work together anyhow.

The big plus here too is no need to drill out trigger linkage pins because the trigger is already in the right place.

By doing all these changes, a full legal end user conversion will be reduced to filing the mag latch lever to properly fit surplus mags and exchanging enough applicable parts for compliance parts. A retarded kid with a steel file and a box of conversion parts could convert a rifle in 30 minutes or less.

I don't even think you will be able to meet the market demand fast enough for a sub $500 retail rifle as described.

2m6ubeu.jpg

Edited by my762buzz

It has taken several years to get the Russians to offer the IZ132 Model 2 it is doubtfull that we will see them make more changes at this time . The bullet guide idea will never fly because of the import restrictions despite your file the mag catch suggestion. We are happy to have the upgraded model that just arrived after years of discussions .

I think this is perfect for the avg joe!!! Personally, I've converted the fcg, pg, and stock, but left the handguard b/c I mostly see that as a cosmetics issue and haven't shelled out the approx $100 for looks alone. This has exactly what I haven't deemed completely necessary already done.

I only wish it was out a year ago when I bought mine!

Edited by dust feeder

It has taken several years to get the Russians to offer the IZ132 Model 2 it is doubtfull that we will see them make more changes at this time . The bullet guide idea will never fly because of the import restrictions despite your file the mag catch suggestion. We are happy to have the upgraded model that just arrived after years of discussions .

I guess your right. What was I thinking? I could just get an SGL21 and not have to worry about those issues. It's also amazing that the Russians refuse to offer dimpled receiver rifles to Atlantic Firearms maybe a few more years of discussions will allow that.

IZ132MODEL2.jpg

Well I thought long on this and I think it can legally be done so here is an idea to really make many potential buyers happy.

Get the next shipment imported with dimples, a bullet guide installed at the factory, and the trigger guard/group already in the forward position.

The dimples will always make these even more appealing and I doubt it will cost anymore to specify the factory for dimpled receivers.

A bullet guide preinstalled at the factory should have absolutely no import problems because the rifle will still not accept surplus military mags without filing the mag latch, but it will ultimately make the end users very happy about not having to drill and tap the trunnion to install one which is a pain in the ass considering how tough the russian steel is.

The trigger guard and trigger group already in the forward normal position will also make things easier, and since the sporter stock is readily importable this should not cause any import problems. Now, someone might say that the forward trigger position will not be so great for the sporter stock, well most people that are going to buy these are going to rebuild them into something closer to what an sgl21 looks like so they really won't care if the sporter stock and trigger forward position will not work together anyhow.

The big plus here too is no need to drill out trigger linkage pins because the trigger is already in the right place.

By doing all these changes, a full legal end user conversion will be reduced to filing the mag latch lever to properly fit surplus mags and exchanging enough applicable parts for compliance parts. A retarded kid with a steel file and a box of conversion parts could convert a rifle in 30 minutes or less.

I don't even think you will be able to meet the market demand fast enough for a sub $500 retail rifle as described.

2m6ubeu.jpg

Buzz - I saw a ak variant at big 5 the other day (cesar, I think?) That already had the fcg moved forward, but no pg. I didn't like it at all. it just didn't look right

Id rather have a shootable rifle in its stock form and put in a little extra effort to move the fcg if/when I decide to convert it than buy a rifle that absolutely needs converting to even realistitaclly shoot it.

Keep in mind with your suggestion you'd still need to swap parts for 922r. Fcg is an cheap and easy 3 parts. With the fcg, the stock, and the handguard already in place, what parts would u switch out. You'd basically be forced to use US mags

Keep in mind with your suggestion you'd still need to swap parts for 922r. Fcg is an cheap and easy 3 parts. With the fcg, the stock, and the handguard already in place, what parts would u switch out. You'd basically be forced to use US mags

Yes a tapco or other trigger group, a US made rear stock replacement, a US made pistol grip, etc...that would be 5 for 5 which is all you need unless you option for filing off the muzzle cap weld which could also require a US made muzzle device in such an event. Then it would be 6 for 6.

The trigger forward set up would be marketed exclusively to those that want to convert.

The bullet guide import issue is about the only possible sticking point but since I keep reading once in a while that Arsenal is somehow importing them with a bullet guide then maybe it really is not a sticking point at all. The lack of welded up holes (no visible seams) on an SGL 21 I own makes me doubt that Arsenal does any welding on these which would indicate that they might be getting them without a rearward trigger guard and parts. Your right though about how some will not like the trigger forward setup. However, there are already plenty of them imported with the trigger rearward and so a few imported with it forward will serve a different crowd.

Of course they do not have a bayonet lug they could not be legally imported with Lugs.

The WASR is imported with a bayonet lug. I highly doubt Century arms goes through the trouble of adding a bayonet to the WASR.

Russia has some weird arms agreements with the US.