Handgun Cal. question

hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had some imput about these two rounds/guns? I plan to get a Makarov no doubt, but I've recently interested in the Tokarev TT. While the 7.62 is smaller in size, it does have a velocity and more energy (all depending on brand ect). I do know the Tokarev TT lacks a good safety, but I would love to refinish one of them.

I dunno, comments/suggestions?

The CZ-52 is a very good pistol and the wholesale price is $99 with 2 mags and a holster. It is the best bang for the buck.

But their ability to handle hot sub gun ammo is just a urban legend and a dangerous one at that.

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/4653/bad.htm

Having fired some of this ammo years ago in a Chinese 54-1(TT-33 copy) I can say it is really hot!

Owning both a CZ-52 and a Polish TT-33 I can say the CZ feels better in my hand and the sights are a little better. With surplus 7.62x25mm ammo at 8-10 cents a round it is some cheap shooting. But I shoot mostly Sellier & Bellot because it is non corrosive and at $8-9 a 50rd box it is not that exspencive.

Thanks J A. I guess I'll buy a TT, and take it to the range, ect before I do anything to it. If I like it, I'll refinish it in a red or maybe gold or nickle. I have nothing against the cz 52, I like CZs in general, but the 52 looks very sim. to the Makarov.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

7.62x25 is an awesome caliber...I have 5 CZ52's

All 3 years of manufacture in black rearsenal finish, plus an extra black one for customizing later....

Just bought my first Gray one ('52 dated) and am going to collect all three years in gray also.... :smoke:

Oops...the above post was from me...didn't realize I was not signed in... :evil:

7.62x25 is an awesome caliber...I have 5 CZ52's

All 3 years of manufacture in black rearsenal finish, plus an extra black one for customizing later....

Just bought my first Gray one ('52 dated) and am going to collect all three years in gray also.... :smoke:

222874th_CZ52-med.jpg

2004219171937_cz52.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Go to www.the_armory.com (or the-armory.com). They sell Polish TT33 pistols.

Not only are they the best Tokarevs available they have a trigger block safety installed for importation. It works as it is suposed to unlike the ChiCom jobs from Norinco and Polytech. The weapons are built to commercial quality standarts.

As for carry; I toted a DDR Makarov for a number of years before joining the dept (they now dictate what I carry). Iliked it alot. It carries well and is like a good .38spl in power. CorBon made a hot 95 gr load that is no longer available which I have hoarded small supply away. Currently Hornady loads their XTP in 9x18mm and I thing Federal loads a Hydroshock version. The Hornady is hotted than the Fed load. I would say that ammo supply (HP bullets) can be a problem for the 7.62 but NRAJOE seems to have found a solution.

I think both guns would carry comfortably although the Mak has a safety edge with its DA trigger and decocker.