saiga 7.62x39 budget low power scope

ok so ive had my saiga for awhile and i like everything about it accept i HATE the stock iron sights. so im really thinking about putting a scope on it to help get tighter more consistent groups. but i dont know much about the different brands accept that some are way out of my price range...so im looking for a lower powered scope maybe like a 1.5-4 or something like that. but im low on money so i cant really go over $100 and i also cant waste that kind of money on a scope that i end up not useing cuz its crap.....so what do u guys think are some good scopes for the money? and i also dont really have any ideas for what kind of mount i will use, but as long as its not to high of a mount and i can clean my gun without having to take it off ide be happy.

Edited by cord-mac138
  • 3 weeks later...

I would go with one of the shotgun scopes, about 3x. You can find them on sale for a good price. I bought three 2x Simmons shotguns scope some years ago and they have been on a number of my AKs. The shotgun scopes are made tough to withstand heavy recoil. Low power is good for an AK as you get a wider field of view. JMHO.

If you are going to do some serious long-range shooting(200-300 yards), 2 things NOT to skimp on.

1. Ammo

2. Optics

That said, I bought my son a Centerpoint 3-9x40mm illuminated mil-dot from Wal-mart for his Stevens .308($60 plus rings), and it has held up well for 2 years. He dropped it once in the woods, and it fell about 10' into a gully. Nothing but a little finish damage, and was still zeroed.