LRBHO Installers?

Hi,

I wanted to get opinions of who is best to install a LRBHO for my Saiga-12. I have read much and watched the video's but I feel this job is best left up to someone that does this all the time rather than have me screw it up royally. Would rather find someone in Central Florida so I don't have to ship the shotgun, so please chime in if you know someone.

Otherwise, who is best to do it? Please consider back logs as it is no fun to wait months :angel: But of course the primary concern is to have it done right and professionally and not have ANY reliability issues introduced.

Do I need to send in all my MD-20 drums with the shotgun? I hope not because I don't want to have tweak future mags or drums.

Thanks in advance for your experiences.

Other than the "real" Russian one, the ones that have been tried to date are all overly "rigged" band-aid style contraptions that compromise the gun.

The Russian one was being sold on Rusmilitary.com for a while but are sold out. I would wait until you could find that one, and install it with the magwell which is what it was designed to go with.

Alternatively, it is well known that Cobra is working on a design, and while a lot of guys will joke about how long it is taking, I am certain that it will eventually come out and also work very well.

Who is Nate and how do I contact him?

Nate goes by "gunfixr" on here. Another person to contact about installation and sales of a LRBHO is Tom Cole of Cadiz Gun Works.

I use a Cadiz one on mine. I choose to install it myself with the do it yourself kit. Mine works perfectly, but you can also have Tom Cole do it for you.

Now I am thinking that I might get a new model import with the LRBHO builtin, convert it using parts from my current gun and some extras I have, and sell my old gun instead. That way I would be assured the LRBHO would be reliable?

I see one thread about that conversion IZH-109BHO and they said they have problems with the MD20 drums which is all I use :unsure:

Edited by Flame Red

Now I am thinking that I might get a new model import with the LRBHO builtin, convert it using parts from my current gun and some extras I have, and sell my old gun instead. That way I would be assured the LRBHO would be reliable.

Mine is reliable. See the pictures in the Cadiz LRBHO Range Report post.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/69720-cadiz-lrbho-range-report/

Edited by Crusader

Can anyone please comment on how these LRBHO after-market modifications work when used with the MD20 drums? Do the drums need to be modified?

You could PM Tom Cole and GunFixer. They could tell you first hand since each has their own design. I could only comment on the Cadiz LRBHO as used in a JT MAGWELL. I chose not to use the MD20 drum due to ergonomics and I can have a faster mag change over with stick mags used in a magwell.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I give up. I tried PM's, multiple emails, calling and leaving messages, even posted in the vendor sections and these guy's just won't reply. I assume business is so good that they don't need any more work.

Looking around the internet, I see that the Tom's kit does not seem to be for sale anywhere anymore. I am guessing it is because it is too hard for the home smith to get working right so vendors just got fed up with it and stopped selling it.

I guess I will just live without the LRBHO feature :wet_eyes:

I just replied to your pm.

I don't log on here much anymore, there's just way too much noise to signal ratio.

Hell, I don't even get to check my emails but a couple or three times a week anymore, just got too much other crap going on.

I just replied to your pm.

I don't log on here much anymore, there's just way too much noise to signal ratio.

Hell, I don't even get to check my emails but a couple or three times a week anymore, just got too much other crap going on.

Thanks Nate. I would like to ship you my Gun. I PM'ed you again for shipping info. Best to email me if you can.