How do you spot counterfeit Kobra red dot sights.

I have read the counterfeit Kobras have been circulating, does anybody have any tips, ideas of good markings, bad markings, etc?

I just got a 2nd, that uses AA's, and my first used flat cell 2450's, I will post pics later, but I believe both to be real, but I would like some info if anyone has it on the knock offs, or links to sites that have the scoop.

Thanks in Advance.

There are several Kobra versions on the market, at least 3 that I know of. The most common is the EKP-1S-03M, there is a version after that and two before it if I am not mistaken. The fake is based off an earlier version similiar to the 03M model.

These are comparison photos of the most common EKP-1S-03M real model vs the fake version made by airsoft companies in China. One thing to remember is that the fake is patterned after a real Kobra, just not the 03M version. The version it's patterned after is not very common at all, I've only seen 1 or 2 over the years.

KobraFakeLeft.jpg

KobraFakeRight.jpg

KobraFakeBaseLeft.jpg

KobraFakeBottom.jpg

Here's an example of the real version that the fakes are based on. You'll notice the real thing uses brass fittings on the base clamp and different screws, plus different windage and elevation dials. The devil is in the details so to speak, the real version has the screws and small parts similar to the real Kobra 03M version (and presumably the other real models too). It's these little details that can help you tell the difference between the fake and the real deal, which the fake is actually a pretty faithful copy of.

KobraLeft01.jpg

KobraRight01.jpg

KobraBottom01.jpg

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

Actually, my mount is a different variant altogether, all smooth, none of the cast in lines protruding from the face, unlike the above, however, the base of the scope screws are smaller and evenly recessed as the above legit one, as well as lack of "Made in Russia", and its actually also marked as Imported by EAA, and the manual shows 2004 dates of production.

I'll get some pics up tonight, but I think I am safe that its a real one.

It was part of a very good package deal, and I couldn't refuse taking it, so, I am glad its a legit one, it was a bonus, now its a double bonus.

Edited by Mr Mivet