My completed Saiga 12 Conversion

Had my doubts initially, but found the whole process to be quite fun and not as difficult as it looks. Thanks for your help guys - I asked a lot of questions here before deciding to convert it.

This is my first conversion - got all the parts from CSS (excellent service by the way). If I can do it, anyone can!

Started with this:

P1010454.jpg

After stripping the receiver, added some engine paint (as suggested by fellow forum members (thanks for the advice guys!):

P1010483.jpg

Ended with this:

P1010487.jpg

P1010489.jpg

Just have to add a couple plugs to fill in the hole left from the old rivets above the pistol grip on both sides of the receiver - other than that, she's finished.

Edited by Wayfaerer320

That looks great! Well worth the work!

Thank you!

Looks good, dude. I'm sure you're not finished, you'll find more stuff you want to do to it, in time.

Thanks - I already have my eye on a new handguard. I'd also like to get a muzzle brake at some point and possibly that bolt on front sight that CSS sells - I think that looks sharp.

In the meantime, I'll take it to the range as soon as I can and make sure everything still works as flawlessly as it did prior to the conversion.