I'm wondering on how a Saiga 5.45 can be converted to full auto? Is it the same as an ak or different. I would just like info like this just in case of a SHTF situation with all this debt.

I know perfectly that converting a firearm to full auto is illegal unless you have a a FFL class 3 license.

• Like 1

I dont know why we just dont TELL THEM when they ask... and I am gonna!!!

First thing you gotta do is remove the RAILS inside the receiver, as the full auto bolt carrier will hang up on these because it is WIDER than a standard semi auto carrier. IT is not known except to those in the field that a FA AK does not have the rails inside the receiver like a semi auto does. The rails are too wide for a FA carrier to fit. The FA carrier slides along the sides of the receiver itself, it needs the extra surface area due to the forces generated by rapid firing. this also generates a bit of receiver heat, but that is taken care of in the following steps about the holes... See below.

Once all the receiver rails are removed, the welds need to be ground down. so its SMOOTH along each inside wall of the receiver. The next step is to drill 15 holes in the receiver, mirror image of each other, on BOTH sides of the receiver. Starting at the front trunnion... using a 3/8" drill, make a triangular pattern from the front trunnion to the rear trunnion, 45 degree angles between the holes, 25 MM apart, in an equilateral triangular fashion. If you cant understand THIS part of the conversion, you probably better not be thinking about doing it to begin with, even though its the easiest part of the whole job!! Also, you will need to drill 6 holes parallel along the front bottom of the receiver as well. You GOTTA have these for heat dissipation, as this is required as the FA bolt carrier will generate excessive amounts of heat as it slides along the sides of the receiver, and these 6 holes also allow any excessive exhaust gasses a place to escape so they do not enter the main portion of the receiver. Most FA firearms do not show these hole placements... as those holes are what constitutes a FA weapon!!! So they get blacked out so normal people do not see the locations of them.

The next step is to actually GET a FA bolt carrier. One from a PSL will work PERFECTLY... most people do not realize that a PSL bolt carrier is really an AK FA carrier, they machine them completely differently for semi auto firearms... take this carrier and drill out the bolt hole, so that your AK bolt will fit inside with 16 thousands clearance on each dimension. This is for flex of the steel due to FA firing forces.

You will need to cut off the longer bolt carrier piston and weld on yours from your standard bolt carrier. a Hack saw works great for cutting these parts apart. If you have a power band saw... even BETTER. cut them apart in the middle of the piston shaft. measure back exactly half way from the piston face and make your cuts there. :up:

once you get it welded up... and your holes drilled, and the rails removed you are ready to assemble.

Just be sure that your trigger is properly adjusted before firing... otherwise you will have VERY excessive trigger slap... :unsure: OUCH!

Hope that helps!!! Good luck on your conversion!!!