saiga 12 price

So I've been every interested in getting a saiga 12, but they have went up a crazy amount since I've first started looking at them. What gives?! Why did the price sky rocket and will it ever go down? My local haunts are charging way too much. Any good online sites? Haven't purchased a gun online before either, how big of a deal is that anyway?

It is slowly coming back down, but we will likely not see them dip below the $500 mark. There was a shotgun study that caused a big stir and demand skyrocketed, thus increasing the price. Simple 'Supply and Demand' economics....

Just get one when you can, for what looks to be a fair price in this day and time. When it comes down to it, would you rather have one now for ~$600 or would you rather not have one? I paid $649 each shipped for two that I purchased at the same time. At that particular time, it was a good deal for a 107. $100 is pretty easy to get over when it comes to weapons. I say get 'em while you can and enjoy it. Happy hunting and post pics when you get it :smoke:

A couple of site vendors have been having some good sales. Keep your eyes open and take a peek in here now and again. Deals will happen.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

Its better to have one and complain about price then not have one, and complain about that if they disappear. You can find a deal on them if you look around. I just picked my second one an iz 109 for 675.00 from a local shop i deal with regularly. I know i probably could have saved a few bucks but it was there the price wasn't bad and i would rather have it then not.

To directly address your questions

1)the gun ban scare was addressed

2) Carolina shooter supply and tac47 have both had sales lately and if you are patient you may be able to get one from them in the low to mid $500 range.

3) I have bought things online and it is easy and painless. You pay for it and choose a FFL locally for you. Fax a copy of the FFL license to the person you buy from and they ship it to them all legal like and stuff. When delivered to your FFL you go there and do the paperwork and they transfer it to you. Slightly more hassle than a face to face but worth it for the right deal.

Good luck

I was told today by my local gun dealer (who is selling his stock for $879 :lolol:) that he was told by his wholesale supplier that the ATF is being hush about their findings. From what he told me," the ATF found that the SAIGA12 has no sporting use and will allow the rest of the import contracts to fulfill the existing orders until January 1st. 2012 when no more are being approved". I would call hogwash, but would like to hear it from an importer if they in fact have no order contracts that are to be fulfilled after the beginning of the new year. Any price under $600 is good now, and would not hesitate to purchase another one at these prices. The value will only go up in the future if there is no change pf perspective in Washington D.C.

The ATF study was THE driver of $1K asking prices and the main reason they are still $600+ pretty much everywhere.

In the short term, demand is up and the Red Jacket show is helping sustain it. Imports will dry up like they always do in a couple of months and prices will creep back up into the $700+ range.

The Russians know these are hot items and have raised their asking cost, plus the dollar continues to be devalued. Both of which mean a slow and steady increase in price over the long term. They will never be cheap like they used to be, but are still a good value for what you get.

I don't think the fallout from the study is over, it was simply the ATF's way of testing the waters. The ATF clearly doesn't like them and can ban them as "non-sporting" when they feel like it. Take that for what it is, just kitchen table speculation. But I would NOT trust what the local gunrunner tells me his dealer's inside man at the ATF told him. Gun shops know speculation drives up prices and chum the waters accordingly. Still, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. The ATF briefly ceased approving import paperwork once already before they gave it the green light again.

TL;DR the answer to your question is if you don't have one now, get one. If you have one, maybe wait and see what happens but S-12 number deux will likely never be purchased at much of a discount vs what you can get one for now.

Edited by rob-cubed