Saiga 12 bullpup

I did a lot of Googling about them and searching the forum. Ended up not going in that direction, even though I love the idea of a Bullpup. Looks like the trigger is the biggest problem, no way to get it the way I would like. Also the mags are an issue, imagine having a drum mag on a Bullpup.

They are due out for testing soon, and the manufacturer communicated they will be making a presence on this website here in the coming months once they are ready. Im not sure they come around here much enough to tell you this, but thats the lowdown at this point.

I did a lot of Googling about them and searching the forum. Ended up not going in that direction, even though I love the idea of a Bullpup. Looks like the trigger is the biggest problem, no way to get it the way I would like. Also the mags are an issue, imagine having a drum mag on a Bullpup.

I don't have to imagine, I have a bullpup AK rifle (K-Var) and use a Chinese drum mag on it quite a bit. I have no problems with it at all. It makes a great car gun! I have also used a BetaMag with my previous Bushmaster M17S. I can not see most folks having a problem with it, unless of course they are afflicted with the dreaded "T-Rex Arms" syndrome...

The trigger linkage will be different, but it is easily possible in most applications to get a better trigger then the military standard with a little adjustment. I know that all of my bullpup triggers are quite acceptable.

Most of the bad things you hear about the Bullpup design are said by people that have never even shot one. :blues:

I just installed the CBPRS conversion and the drum mag is hard to get around. I had to do some extra modifications to the kit itself for the drum and imperfection on the machined parts. Just letting anyone know about this bullpup. I can not say anything about the Kushnapup bullpup, but the CBRPS is about $80 more for the base model.

post-35898-0-31583900-1314371593_thumb.jpg

Edited by bigmikeenid

Ive been waiting on the Kushnapup since I paid in Feb. In fact i bought anouther saiga 12 just for it. The date keeps getting pushed back. was early July, then Mid July, then early Aug, then mid Aug. Thats been the word. I emailed him this week and this was his reply:

"It's getting close. I should be able to provide exact ETA at the end of this month. The molds have been completed, and the first retail samples are being tested. Once we see how fast we can get the molds to fill each stock we will be able to calculate output into the shipping time.

-Bjorn"

So again......who knows. The cbprs looks cool all black. Had I known about that when I paid for the Kushnapup, I probably woulda went with that and no wait...

just sayin

-Shane

I would love to have a S12 bullpup, unfortunately us leftys aren't compatable parts. I have seen the side loader but I can't imagine how awkwardly heavy that must be with a drum and completely retarded looking with a 12 round stick mag.

I spoke with Bjorn personally this afternoon. There is a minor issue with reinforcing a portion of the stock he felt needed a little more material to prevent potential deformation after extensive, heavy use with 3" magnum loads . He says that the stocks will be ready very soon.

I for one have been looking forward to the release of these stocks for a long time. They may not be for everyone and that's fine... you don't like them?? Then move along. Nothing to see here... But if you want a badass bullpup... very soon you will be able to.

:smoke:

• 1 month later...

Looks pretty cool but for $200 how good can it be? Wonder if the design affects accuracy and if this would be allowed in 3 gun competitions. Trigger looks a little wonky....wonder if that can be swapped out. Also, a bit sketchy without a guard close to the trigger, too. Why not add a recoil system in there? I imagine a lot of people would pay for a quality bull pup stock.

Beta testers please post as soon as you test---I'm very interested to get your input.

BTW: found this interesting looking setup bullpup w/ 20round mag and in white: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=341092

photo2.jpg

white-tm.jpg

Edited by ErgonomicZero

I just installed the CBPRS conversion and the drum mag is hard to get around. I had to do some extra modifications to the kit itself for the drum and imperfection on the machined parts. Just letting anyone know about this bullpup.

I also own the CBRPS spike, and I have to say it's pretty good. the trigger doesn't feel any worse than stock. I suspected the 20rd drum was too much to get around, but I'm wanting to try the 12 rd Promag mini-drum in the thing.

• Like 1

Looks pretty cool but for $200 how good can it be?

Assuming it's a drop in/drop out conversion (remove furniture, insert receiver, barrel, etc. into stock) it could actually be really good for $200. The only thing I'm really curious about is the trigger. Is it a simple cam extension? Does it require removal of the existing and interlock with the receiver? That's the make-or-break for me.

As for the trigger guard, I agree--I much prefer over-trigger than the whole hand, but that's all the rage right now. Heck, if the pull's as long, hard, and sloppy as some of the modded bullpups I've seen out there you may not ever need to worry about anything accidentally pulling the trigger. haha.gif

(and, as a completely unrelated aside, what the hell is wrong with that smiley?!?)