Midwest Industries Micro Mount Installed!! (Pics)

Those little set ups are nice. Ive been looking into getting one myself, but I have one question. How quick would it be to remove your optic? If it fails or gets caked in mud, what goes into taking it off? I cant live without my irons, even for a nice dot sight.

• Like 2

Very nice rifle. Love the colors. But doean't that rail fubar your irons? Or am I missing something?

No It's an MI rail with MI Mini Dot.

There'a a channel in the rail that allows you to shoot with Irons.

Yo cobravenom,

Im really wondering how the dot sight is attatched to the mount, and how it can be taken off in a pinch. Please post it up, Im sure im not the only one who wants to know.

Edited by Boomsick42

Very nice rifle. Love the colors. But doean't that rail fubar your irons? Or am I missing something?

No It's an MI rail with MI Mini Dot.

There'a a channel in the rail that allows you to shoot with Irons.

Yo cobravenom,

Im really wondering how the dot sight is attatched to the mount, and how it can be taken off in a pinch. Please post it up, Im sure im not the only one who wants to know.

You can't remove it quickly. It replaces the rear sight leaf but incorporates iron sights. It's really pretty cool.

<Non-Buisness member Link Removed>

Edited by Nailbomb

You can't remove it quickly. It replaces the rear sight leaf but incorporates iron sights. It's really pretty cool.

How much will the mount move vertically or does stay locked in place tightly?

I like this option much better for a forward mount than an ultimak. Far less heat likely so its safer for the optic and doesn't restrict access to the gas block.

It does not move up and down at all.

How much will the mount move vertically or does stay locked in place tightly?

I like this option much better for a forward mount than an ultimak. Far less heat likely so its safer for the optic and doesn't restrict access to the gas block.

Got mine and installed it today if I pull up enough it will pop off were the side button screws supposed to hold the sight down. So I'm a little worried it would pop up after a bunch of round and not be zeroed anymore. I shale see after I shoot it for the first time with the new sight how is yours so solid?

Edited by KennyK69

Got mine and installed it today if I pull up enough it will pop off were the side button screws supposed to hold the sight down. So I'm a little worried it would pop up after a bunch of round and not be zeroed anymore. I shale see after I shoot it for the first time with the new sight how is yours so solid?

NVM

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • 5 weeks later...

Wow. For days, been searching on the build I was planning to do. Being a lurker on here, member of AKfiles, and Calguns member. But alas, never could find a decent example of what I was looking to build. But then...... I open this thread. And here it is! Finally! Is the FDE Magpul stock, and MWI handguard fde slightly different in colors? How does yours feel? Have you weighed it?

It isn't that off when there isn't a flash. I kind of like it slightly different shades. The reason for the FDE is to break up the black and camouflage the rifle. Slightly different shades break it up and give it character.

I don't have a scale, but it isn't that bad. It's still easy to shoulder and hold up. If I had a heavier optic it would probably put it over the edge, though.