KRISS Vector......

i'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THEM ATLANTIC HAS THEM FOR LIKE $1700 WHAT IS YOUR GUY WACKING YOU FOR THAT ??

That's about right.....Like I said, I'm a sucker.

Not sure this would be anywhere near the cost factor just for SBR. They sure are sweet in select fire models but I dunno about a semi.

Yeah. If I ever decide to get my FFL and SOT, I'm sure I'll feel the same way. But for us mere mortals, this will have to do.....for now!

For the price I would go with a SBR Glock, but they are cool. Now you need a suppressor.:)

You mean like the Roni? Got one of them too. ;)

Roni.jpg

If they only made extended Glock 21 mags

they do have extended .45 glock mags, 27 rounders. however, it isn't a genuine GLOCK mag. only GLOCK factory mags that I know of comes in 9mm and 40cal.

They also make mag extensions that bump the G21 mags to 30 rounds. It's an extension, and a spring.

They also make mag extensions that bump the G21 mags to 30 rounds. It's an extension, and a spring.

you mean like the 5.7 pistol extention, I didn't know that. that would be the option I would do if I had a GLOCK and wanted a higher mag cap. the mag would still be a genuine GLOCK so there would be no issues of that feeding.

I don't know if they're like the 5.7 extensions. They can be seen here.

I've decided to increase my pistol caliber carbines because I can shoot them on my own property without upsetting the neighbor's horses. Especially when I can shoot them with suppressors. (That's how I'm justifying it, and I'm sticking to it.)

yeah it's like the 5.7 pistol mag extention. where you take a standard 20 round 5.7 mag, take the floorplate off, insert the extention and spring and then put the floorplate on the bottom of the extention. it's what that moron used in Ft. Hood.

the sad thing is that there is no pistol or rifle restriction or mag capacity restriction anyplace in ohio, that KRISS claims. the Ohio supreme court ruled last Dec. that cities can't make up gun laws more restrictive then what the state aleady has. and there is no mag capacity restriction, you can buy, sell trade etc.. any size capacity mag.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

yeah it's like the 5.7 pistol mag extention. where you take a standard 20 round 5.7 mag, take the floorplate off, insert the extention and spring and then put the floorplate on the bottom of the extention. it's what that moron used in Ft. Hood.

the sad thing is that there is no pistol or rifle restriction or mag capacity restriction anyplace in ohio, that KRISS claims. the Ohio supreme court ruled last Dec. that cities can't make up gun laws more restrictive then what the state aleady has. and there is no mag capacity restriction, you can buy, sell trade etc.. any size capacity mag.

That's not QUITE true. Ohio defines a "Automatic Firearm" as any weapon that can shoot more than 31 rounds without reloading (unless its a .22LR). (See ORC 2923.11 section E) The rub is that there is no such Federal definition of "Automatic Firearm." So, in order to have a LEGAL "Ohio Machine Gun" you must register your firearm on the NFA. Once that is done, you can load up and shoot higher than 30 round magazines in the state. This isn't on the books, but there was a case in Toledo where they had a guy arrested for having an illegal "Automatic Firearm." The rifle was a 9mm AR with extended Uzi Mags. The 9mm AR WAS indeed registered as a SBR. He was charged anyway, and was taken to court. The defense attorney argued that the Rifle was duly regsitered in the NFA as recognized by Ohio Revised Code, and was completely appropriate to fire high capacity magazines. I don't know the case number off the top of my head, but if it's of interest, I can find it. (It was a customer of ADCO Firearms.)

Edited by rjrivero

I took the time to write an email to KRISS USA. I would urge any Ohio resident who finds this to be annoying to send a similar email. I referenced the Cleveland V. State Slip Opinion as well as the ORC applicable.

Sir,

I have one of your KRISS Super V's on order at my Local Class III dealer in the SBR variation.

I would like to order more magazine extensions for this platform.

However, your ordering information states that there are certain cities in Ohio that ban certain capacity magazines.

THIS IS NO LONGER TRUE. In Cleveland V. State (Slip opinion No.2010-Ohio-6318) you will note that the Cleveland restrictions on magazine capacity failed to meet muster in view of the Concealed Carry Laws enacted by Ohio. This decision renders ALL municipality restrictions null and void in the state of Ohio.

The ONLY law that applies to Magazine capacity in OHIO is Ohio Revised Code 2923.11 Paragraph E:

(E) "Automatic firearm" means any firearm designed or specially adapted to fire a succession of cartridges with a single function of the trigger. "Automatic firearm" also means any semi-automatic firearm designed or specially adapted to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading, other than a firearm chambering only .22 caliber short, long, or long-rifle cartridges.

Since your magazine extensions are 30 rounds, plus one in the chamber, you can only shoot 31 rounds before reloading. This product is PERFECTLY LEGAL to sell to ANY customer in Ohio.

I ask you to review the references within this message and to change your policies accordingly.

I'm looking forward to trying my new Kriss Super V SBR VERY MUCH.

Thanks for your time.

Respectfully,

Rowland J. Rivero

That's not QUITE true. Ohio defines a "Automatic Firearm" as any weapon that can shoot more than 31 rounds without reloading (unless its a .22LR). (See ORC 2923.11 section E)

I didn't say anything about loading and inserting. if you read my post, I pointed out that there is no mag capacity restriction, you can buy, sell trade, own etc.. any size capacity mag. maybe I should have added, unlike Ca, NJ after mag capacity restrictions, to further clarify what I was meaning.

That's not QUITE true. Ohio defines a "Automatic Firearm" as any weapon that can shoot more than 31 rounds without reloading (unless its a .22LR). (See ORC 2923.11 section E)

I didn't say anything about loading and inserting. if you read my post, I pointed out that there is no mag capacity restriction, you can buy, sell trade, own etc.. any size capacity mag.

Valid point. Owning them is not against the law.......;)

Valid point. Owning them is not against the law.......;)

except in the eyes of some business ;). it's ok though, if they want to turn away ohio money there are plenty of other places that will gladly do business with us. their loss, not ours :)

I have no experience with their SBRs, but got to put a few 13-round magazines through a select-fire model a few years ago, before the magazine extensions were available. The double-tap mode is fun as hell - at about 15 yards, the holes were about an inch apart, firing from a standing position.

It's a smooth shooter, and the accuracy in full auto is truly remarkable. I'd like to own one of their SBRs, but the pricing is just out of this world. If I could buy that as an SBR with a threaded barrel for about $900 before taxes, I'd seriously consider purchasing one.

Like I said, Shandlaos, I'm a SUCKER. I freely admit it. But what will you do? I have a couple HK P7's too. Unusual is attractive to me!!

I sent an email to KRISS USA and they went ahead and changed their policy re mag sales to Ohio Residents.

Like I said, Shandlaos, I'm a SUCKER. I freely admit it. But what will you do? I have a couple HK P7's too. Unusual is attractive to me!!

I sent an email to KRISS USA and they went ahead and changed their policy re mag sales to Ohio Residents.

Hahaha, no worries! I hope you didn't take that as a criticism aimed at you. I wish they were cheaper, can't afford the expense at the current price - happy for you that you can! I don't think that makes you a sucker - just a guy with one more cool toy most of us don't have.

Good on you, and on Kriss, getting their policy changed. That's a fucked up Ohio law I was not familiar with. Could easily entrap innocent folks.

Shot a select-fire version at Mission Essential right outside of Fort Stewart,GA some time back. Great gun, was fun as hell actually. Only downside that I recall was the 13 round magazine capacity. But I'm sure an SBR version would be sweet!

wow, they got a shooting range/gun store now in hooterville? they didn't when I was station there, when it was the 24th ID, eons ago. guys that owned firearms use to take the range safety class at range control, to be range qualified so they could use the POW range.

Hahaha, no worries! I hope you didn't take that as a criticism aimed at you. I wish they were cheaper, can't afford the expense at the current price - happy for you that you can! I don't think that makes you a sucker - just a guy with one more cool toy most of us don't have.

Good on you, and on Kriss, getting their policy changed. That's a fucked up Ohio law I was not familiar with. Could easily entrap innocent folks.

I don't take it as criticism at all. I wish they were cheaper as well. I probably should put that money into something else. I guess I could get a Harley or a Dinette set. :lolol:

Shot a select-fire version at Mission Essential right outside of Fort Stewart,GA some time back. Great gun, was fun as hell actually. Only downside that I recall was the 13 round magazine capacity. But I'm sure an SBR version would be sweet!

wow, they got a shooting range/gun store now in hooterville? they didn't when I was station there, when it was the 24th ID, eons ago. guys that owned firearms use to take the range safety class at range control, to be range qualified so they could use the POW range.

Yep, they got a nice little range right there off of 196. I haven't been there since I left active duty back in February though. 24th ID wow, lol. No offense though

24th ID wow, lol. No offense though

yeah, I know it was eons ago. just to go to show you, the MOS I had 16R40, VULCAN crewman, has been obsolete for nearly 2 decades, and the M163 VULCAN is now in museums. talk about being ancient

DUDE! You're making us jealous!! :rolleyes:

Michigan doesn't allow SBRs yet. They JUST OKd suppressors last week. When SBRs are OK, I'll want a setup pretty much just like you're getting.

They make this in a 16" carbine version. It has a barrel shroud (Fake suppressor.) I don't think it would be TOO hard to make this into an integral suppressor........Just saying.

DUDE! You're making us jealous!! :rolleyes:

Michigan doesn't allow SBRs yet. They JUST OKd suppressors last week. When SBRs are OK, I'll want a setup pretty much just like you're getting.

They make this in a 16" carbine version. It has a barrel shroud (Fake suppressor.) I don't think it would be TOO hard to make this into an integral suppressor........Just saying.

he's from Mi, so he still might be screwed even with a 16 inch barrel. that KRISS has a folding stock, and I don't think that with that stock folded it's going to be 26in or more in OAL, but maybe it will

3. Do rifles or shotguns with collapsible/folding stocks have to be registered in Michigan?

MCL 750.222 Yes, provided the rifle or shotgun is 30 inches or less in overall length with the stock collapsed/folded but at least 26 inches and the barrel length is at least 16 inches and 18 inches respectively. Attorney General's opinion #6280: if the firearm is less than 26 inches in overall length or the barrel is less than 16 or 18 inches respectively, the firearm is considered a short-barreled rifle or shotgun and is illegal to possess.

Yep, they got a nice little range right there off of 196. I haven't been there since I left active duty back in February though. 24th ID wow, lol. No offense though

They have a cool owner. He has done some good pricing on alot of my stuff