stock saiga 12 clips failing

Hi Dave..... just fair warning, you are about to get pounded on mercilessly for calling mags clips. :lolol:

And yes, we all have the same problem. You stick a mag (clip) in the gun and all of the rounds come flying out very quickly. It gets damn expensive and I have no solution other than to keep buying more ammo. :smoke:

Edited by Spartacus

Pictures?

The rounds really shouldn't be able to defeat the feed lips.

Did your feedlips fall off?

Now for the stupid question that I must ask because I've seen stranger things....

The rounds that won't stay in are 12 gauge right?

what happens, when I push the shells in, they fly out.....there is nothing keeping them in the magazine......something must have broke off the magazine lip or something.......no clue.....I had a stroke a year and a half ago, and I am just now picking my gun up again......

what happens, when I push the shells in, they fly out.....there is nothing keeping them in the magazine......something must have broke off the magazine lip or something.......no clue.....I had a stroke a year and a half ago, and I am just now picking my gun up again......

It sounds like the feed lips came off.

Good news is, unless you bought Surefire mags, you can try the feed lips off of the AGP or Promag that you bought.

yes, they are 12 gauge shells......LOL

Sorry.

Just had to ask.

I've spent an hour in the past explaining how to properly set the hammer's engagement into the disconnector for a customer who was having hammer resetting issues, only to find that he had installed his hammer backward.

That's your problem. Some are loose, some aren't. Purchase a few Keep Shooting mags, a few factory mags, and a few aftermarket mags.

I like www.carolinashooterssupply.com

Great customer service, good pricing, fast shipping. Not that other business members are bad, but I've always had good shopping experiences with them.

Look at www.mississippiautoarms.com

and google KeepShooting, then search Saiga 12 on their site. The mags are Taiwanese copies, but are great range mags.

Also, as far as ordering that piece, one in a thousand. Just see if the metal piece from an aftermarket mag will fit.

Edited by angrychair

Pauly.....sucks having to learn everything all over again......but it looks like I am missing the feed lips.....wonder how and when that happened.....hope I can get another, but I just ordered a US mag, but I still need this 5 rounder if I want to take it in the woods here in NY...

Pauly.....sucks having to learn everything all over again......but it looks like I am missing the feed lips.....wonder how and when that happened.....hope I can get another, but I just ordered a US mag, but I still need this 5 rounder if I want to take it in the woods here in NY...

ProMag & AGP feed lips should fit on your Russian 5.

I've worked with many CVA patients.

Keep working at it.

Strokes are like if half the roads in a city were bombed.

At first traffic will be royally fucked up, but eventually the drivers will figure out how to get around again.

In the majority of instances I've seen, the patients recovered the vast majority of if not all function.

One fascinating incident was when one lady with Alzheimers had a CVA.

At first it was bad, but as she recovered, she was more lucid than before the incident.

Her delusions ceased completely.

It was like the areas of the brain that were damaged by the CVA & then bypassed as she recovered were also areas that had been adversely affected by the Alzhimers, so her brain being forced to work around those areas was beneficial to her cognitive abilities.

Just hang in there & keep working on it brother.

God bless.

Paul

ProMag & AGP feed lips should fit on your Russian 5.

I've worked with many CVA patients.

Keep working at it.

Strokes are like if half the roads in a city were bombed.

At first traffic will be royally fucked up, but eventually the drivers will figure out how to get around again.

In the majority of instances I've seen, the patients recovered the vast majority of if not all function.

One fascinating incident was when one lady with Alzheimers had a CVA.

At first it was bad, but as she recovered, she was more lucid than before the incident.

Her delusions ceased completely.

It was like the areas of the brain that were damaged by the CVA & then bypassed as she recovered were also areas that had been adversely affected by the Alzhimers, so her brain being forced to work around those areas was beneficial to her cognitive abilities.

Just hang in there & keep working on it brother.

God bless.

Paul

Thank you Paul, much appreciated.......I haven't been to this site in 3 years and I already feel at home......thank you :)

Thank you to all......your the best!!!

.... and thank you for calling them "mags" in your last few posts. That "clip" thing drives many of us nuts. Welcome aboard and good luck with the mag repair.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to start calling mags "clips" just to fuck with everybody who cares.... :devil:

:drevil: I'll get into everybody's heads through annoyance then wreak havoc!

Please.... I'm begging here :cryss:

Talk someone into starting a Garand forum here and guys can talk about "clips" all day :smoke: