Can I get an adapter to mount a SVD scope on an ak?

I have a POSP 8x scope I'm not using, I would like to use it for a saiga rifle build I am doing. The problem is it has the wrong style "SVD mount" on the bottom of it and it won't fit on the Saiga/AK scope rail. I would like to swap the botto peice of a scope to the AK style mount. It looks like it is only 4 screws that need to be taken off to remove it.

Just to be clear I don;t want the entire scope, just the mounting bracket that goes on the bottom of it.

You can swap the base on the POSP optics yes and you are right there are 4 screws that need to be removed. Often there are two pins and some loc-tite like substance or glue that seals the base to the optic but some gentle tapping with a mallet to break the seal is all that's needed.

Kalinka typically carries the BelOMO/Zenit/LEMT manufactured MTK83 AK style mount. It's probably going to be black and may not match your 8x42 but it should work.

Here's an LPS/TIP2 that has the romanian SVD mount removed and replaced with the MTK83 Kalinka AK mount:

LPS-TIP2_SLR105Left.JPG

And an example of the AK mount on an 8x42

$(KGrHqN,!lsE2FLOWwqjBNkmO1lFgg~~_3.JPG

Z

Edited by TX-Zen