hoorayy for conversion pics!!

finally got around to getting pics of my converted 762. I did the conversion back in may but wan not able to get pictures till now.

I must say the conversion went very smooth. Even the dreaded spot welds were no match for my titanium coated drill bits, went through em like a hot knife through butter. I was a bit apprehensive as i started, but once everything got going, the conversion was a snap. It was much easier than i ever thought it would be. Thanks much goes out to everyone on the forum. Without all you guys, my saiga would not be the way it is today

heres the rundown...

T6 adjustable stock - www.midwestarmory.com

SAW style pistol grip - www.midwestarmory.com

G2 single hook FCG - www.midwestarmory.com

Low rise scope mount with weaver rail - www.eastwave.ca

BSA 30mm reddot scope - walmart

Recoil buffer - www.blackjackbuffers.com

Bulgie waffle mag i got from HOMELANDSOLDIER...thanks man!!

Feed ramp made from pipe - my garage

BHO notch cut out of the selector lever - my garage

Ported gas tube - my garage

Vented front handguard - my garage

post-1459-1122332879_thumb.jpg

post-1459-1122332940_thumb.jpg

Nice Job Hoop.  A good looking rifle.  I like your custom ventilation job on the handguard.  How did you form the oblong holes?

:smoke:

thanks! the slanted vent slots actually came to me in a dream. It was really wild. I broke out my 1/4" drill bit and got to gettin'. i drilled one center hole then when back with a silver sharpy and marked where the other hole should be. i drilled the next holes at about a 45 degree angle above the other first holes and completed the slot with a small grinder in the good ole dremel. i thought the slanted slots would look cool, and its not something ive seen very often. i like to think it turned out pretty good.

The AK74 style is the most effective. Just need to cut back the sleeve on the FSB and thread the bbl with 14:1 LH threads. Vjor is quite knowledgeable about this subject and has posted some good threads about it.

The AK74 style is the most effective. Just need to cut back the sleeve on the FSB and thread the bbl with 14:1 LH threads. Vjor is quite knowledgeable about this subject and has posted some good threads about it.

will the ak74 brake accomodate the larger 7.62 round? i like the look of them, i just didnt know if the 74 brake would work

AK74 ***STYLE****

NOT an ak74 brake exactly.... they look identical, one bored out for 7.62, the other 5.45 or whatever the hell the 74 is.....

:smoke:

that sounds more like it..thanks for clearing that up. Im a little slow sometimes

Edited by hoop762