Green bakalite furniture

Some people don't like green, but it is my favorite color.

This thing is flat out awesome (at least in my book)

Rather than linking ar15.com, I tried to find this rifle somewhere else, and could not. If anyone else can find and post the picture without the link, I will gladly delete it.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge

p1010114-green.jpg

p1010117-green.jpg

You never see green bakelite AK parts in the US and my understanding is that they are very rare even in Russia. It's realy strange because it would seem to make more sense than bright orange. I wonder how their bakelite was made, what was the filler, wood? Was the dye in the wood or the resin?

Edited by bigj480

post-24638-0-84660700-1314995483_thumb.jpg

Thanks, link deleted.

This green is a much more interesting shade of green than OD green. I would buy this furniture in a heart beat if it were available. But, alas, that does not appear to be the case.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge
  • Like 1

These were issued only to certain border patrol members that stood out for their service. Not many were ever made, and they were issue guns--got returned after duty ceased. But it was definitely a privilege to been seen carrying one.

There are at least enough sets of furniture that some made it onto deacts in Russia, but they run into the $1000s of dollars if you find one for sale. And of course you wouldn't get any mags with it... :cryss: