Does anyone know of a source - resource for a standard USA quick detach sling stud that works on the mounting thread hole for the fore-end / forearm for a Saiga S-12 IZ-109 recent production. Ideally I would like two lengths, one that would hold a synthetic fore-end (of varying thicknesses (adjustable via shims)) in place and one that would leave the fore-end naked / removed (shorter) I want to attach heavy duty Uncle Mike's quick detachable sling swivels. The little pigmy sized swivels that come on the shotgun are ridiculous, especially when you consider you are now working with a shotgun that is ergonomically feasible for a hasty sling application on a target at some range with a slug. Just curious, I searched the entire Internet ( LOL ) and when I noticed I was crossing back over my tracks on the net I decided to post on the forum. I am a newbie so I read a lot and this is my first post. Thanks to anyone that can offer advice. ( I also searched the forum and found nothing....boy there is a lot of information here )

Does anyone know of a source - resource for a standard USA quick detach sling stud that works on the mounting thread hole for the fore-end / forearm for a Saiga S-12 IZ-109 recent production. Ideally I would like two lengths, one that would hold a synthetic fore-end (of varying thicknesses (adjustable via shims)) in place and one that would leave the fore-end naked / removed (shorter) I want to attach heavy duty Uncle Mike's quick detachable sling swivels. The little pigmy sized swivels that come on the shotgun are ridiculous, especially when you consider you are now working with a shotgun that is ergonomically feasible for a hasty sling application on a target at some range with a slug. Just curious, I searched the entire Internet ( LOL ) and when I noticed I was crossing back over my tracks on the net I decided to post on the forum. I am a newbie so I read a lot and this is my first post. Thanks to anyone that can offer advice. ( I also searched the forum and found nothing....boy there is a lot of information here )

Standard QD studs are just a TAD small for the Saiga, but 3 or 4 centerpunch marks will tighten the hole and then they work nicely. Put anti-seeze on a hard 10 32 screw and screw it in to bottom. Back off 1 thread, and punch 3 or 4 punch marks about 1/16" away from the screw and angled towards it. The wood screw QD studs work on the but stock without mods. You will need to find a plastic washer to put under the QD on the forearm. I made one out of scrap plastic with a drill and a file.

• 1 year later...