New Saiga 5.45 AND Covert Gun/ Guitar Case!

I've been drooling over a Saiga 5.45 since 2009 And FINALLY got one!!! :devil:

I wanted this one to be unique because I already have 3 black guns and have seen so many AKs that have the standard red or blonde finish.

Timbersmith Furniture (separate P. Grip), Eotech 512, Primary Arms 5x Magnifier, DPH Beryl Mount, Polish mag and Internal Parts:

dscf0084x.jpg

2,160 Rounds of 5.45x39 :super:

dscf0085w.jpg

Its definitely a darker red than it appears in this pic:

89164870.jpg

I love the way this case turned out!! :super:

58976082.jpg

Its true color:

dscf0014oq.jpg

dscf0013xj.jpg

The Family Photo :D

dscf00080.jpg

And thanks to Battosaii for being a huge help with the conversion!!

• Like 1

Damn. Very nice. Not a big fan of the Pistol Grip but over all it looks awesome.

I'm going to force Batt to switch out my front sight block sometime this month...

Really? I fell in love with the pistol grip n used the one that came with the Timbersmith set as a practice piece. And thanks!

Your red conversion looks great...very cool discreet case too, good job.

Shoot it often and enjoy!

Thanx. I was going for that different look and i cant wait to take it to the range! Watching youtube vids are killin me :cryss:

reminds me of Desperado lolz... and that is a F ton of lead!

lol I was going for the El Mariachi look...And yep, I stocked up on ammo because I only had a few bird shot rounds, 60 for my AK47, 3 FMJ Wolf rounds in my 1911 and no .308s for my DPMS AP4 a few weeks ago (and shame-ably, it was like that for a while) :ded:

OK!!! Now I want to do it this way (Just like in Desperado) since I've come so far (skip to 2:08)!!! :super:

He only explained that I would need heavy duty door hinges w/ the spring inside that would allow me to adjust the tension. Do you know what else I'd need?

Edited by King Cash

I wanted this one to be unique because I already have 3 black guns and have seen so many AKs that have the standard red or blonde finish.

Timbersmith Furniture (separate P. Grip), Eotech 512, Primary Arms 5x Magnifier, DPH Beryl Mount, Polish mag and Internal Parts:

dscf0084x.jpg

dscf0085w.jpg

89164870.jpg

58976082.jpg

Its true color:

dscf0014oq.jpg

dscf0013xj.jpg

dscf00080.jpg

np man anytime, im still waiting for my stuff to get here from Pauly i got a few people that want to go to the range.

Damn. Very nice. Not a big fan of the Pistol Grip but over all it looks awesome.

I'm going to force Batt to switch out my front sight block sometime this month...

lol sure just come to my house

Sounds good! Btw, check out my post right b4 this one? What would I need to do that other than those hinges and guitar (I'd ask the video poster but he hasn't logged in in months)? I can make that the next project for this week because i found a cheap guitar (trying to find out if its large enough to work tho).

Also, I need a little help with the saiga's screw that connects to the stock (the 1 under the dust cover). Hit me up to let me know when yer free.

In other news, My boy may be willing to let go of 2 of his Tapco stocks for AKs

Edited by King Cash

np man anytime, im still waiting for my stuff to get here from Pauly i got a few people that want to go to the range.

lol sure just come to my house

Clothing Optional?

Sounds good! Btw, check out my post right b4 this one? What would I need to do that other than those hinges and guitar (I'd ask the video poster but he hasn't logged in in months)? I can make that the next project for this week because i found a cheap guitar (trying to find out if its large enough to work tho).

Also, I need a little help with the saiga's screw that connects to the stock (the 1 under the dust cover). Hit me up to let me know when yer free.

In other news, My boy may be willing to let go of 2 of his Tapco stocks for AKs

That screw took me 30 minutes to get out and took up the majority of my conversion time. I had to drill it out.

That screw took me 30 minutes to get out and took up the majority of my conversion time. I had to drill it out.

Yep! But stooooopid me decided to drill a hole in the stock with another screw of a different size (so I wouldn't have to deal w/ the 1 that came w/ it), BUT didn't check to see if the new screw's head would fit all the way down in the slot. So now the screw's head interferes with the recoil spring's end piece

...My only thought would be to dremel the sides of the new screw that fits so that it will be seated all the way down n wouldn't be in the way

• 2 weeks later...

dscf0084x.jpg

dscf0085w.jpg

89164870.jpg

58976082.jpg

Its true color:

dscf0014oq.jpg

dscf0013xj.jpg

dscf00080.jpg

Awesome conversion bro and the guitar case is too cool... :smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

I FINALLY took it to the range yesterday to get sighted in and had FUN (plus i havent fired any of my guns in a year)!! The Eotech's easy to adjust and is great for fast target acquisition (The 5x magnifier with the FTS mount just makes it the best of both worlds)! The rifle itself is pretty accurate and as a whole, its lived up to the hype that I've been hearing for the past 2 years! The only issues that I had are with my Polish mags.

Here's one of the 50 yard targets (I made adjustments after the 3 shot group on the upper half and ended up with that 1 inch 8 shot group):

dscf0002js.jpg

The range was closing when I was doing this group so I'll be making final adjustments then bad_smile.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry that I'm just getting back to you (haven't been online in a while)...I'm ashamed to say that I primed it, and actually used 1 coat of a red called Lady Bug by Martha Stewart eyes_droped.gif ...Yes, laugh it up lol. After that, I put 6 coats of brush on poly & 4 coats of rub on poly