Current saiga suppply?

I've got an extra S12 I'm planning selling. Is this a good time to sell? Gonna sell it anyway I guess, was just wondering if the price would be what it was before or maybe a littel higher currently.

Is the ATF gonna try to ban the import like they siad in that paper or is that all just wishful thinking on their part?

No ban for now. You missed the peak. I don't see them climbing as suddenly as they did earlier this year and I think the price will increase more gradually from here. Good luck with the sale.

The only hangup right now on imports is that the ATF banned the siderail mounts on detachable mag fed semi auto shotguns. ...and seeing how there is like ONE gun that has that combination, it was a stab, albeit an ineffective one.

Thats only what I heard, and I am fairly certain that the former importer was the source of that particular tidbit of info. I cant remember if it was talk of them doing that, or if they already did it, or what, so take it with a grain of salt.

Prices did go up again, however...16% I dont know what the Russians are thinking, but they are rapidly approaching the point where people are going to stop buying them in favor of something else.

So,

if the AFT banned the side rail mounts thing, does that mean the russians have had to take the rail off the side of the receiver?

I wasn't really paying attention to S12 stuff for a while. Guess I missed some good opportunity to sell. Looks like they are in stock.

I have a SBS I'll keep b/c hell, i'm in so deep w/ it and its hard to sell NFA stuff that it's not worth trying to sell, but the extra one...

Looks like CSS hase some in stock for $600

So,

if the AFT banned the side rail mounts thing, does that mean the russians have had to take the rail off the side of the receiver?

I wasn't really paying attention to S12 stuff for a while. Guess I missed some good opportunity to sell. Looks like they are in stock.

I have a SBS I'll keep b/c hell, i'm in so deep w/ it and its hard to sell NFA stuff that it's not worth trying to sell, but the extra one...

Looks like CSS hase some in stock for $600

Ours is a new shipment of 2011 guns just in last week and they have the side scope rail. I have not heard anything about future ones coming without it.

Rightwingnut, hold onto the one you have. We are flush in S-12s right now but they will dry up in another month or so, and when they do asking prices will go up as well. Happens every year. You missed your opportunity to sell for $1000 right before the study expired.

I expect the next round of negotiations between Izhmash/Legion and whatever the importer of the day is will result in yet another base price bump for dealers. The Russians will keep pushing the cost up until there aren't gaps in the market like there are now.

Edited by rob-cubed

Sorry I have been away for a while.

With the cost of the guns, plus mags, plus almost mandatory upgrades, I can no longer afford a Saiga. I am with a very very sad face going to have to use more common american made semi-autos that unfortunately tube fed.

Now when there is a Saiga that is produced here along with large stacks of reasonably priced hicaps, then I will without fail buy one asap. But for now, unless I come into a much better paying job that gives me disposable income, I have to hold off.

I got a buddy that has had a hard on for one for a while. I guess I'm gonna sell it to him for $600 so long as his truck doesn't break down or something and he flakes out. Which is a good effin deal since I had cobra relieve the bolt and I tested it out and put a tromix knob on it and T6 stock, but no pistol grip conversion.