BHO? Do you have it?

Only on the shotgun. All the rifles don't have it. The shotgun is the only one that locks bolt behind the rounds. All the rifles I've seen only locks bolt back a couple inches or so. That is the factory BHO and not the safety slot BHO mod.

• Like 1

I do like the Safety Selector mod.... just because it looks like you can slap the lever down and rack one in the chamber... The BHO from the factory wont let you have that quick rack feature, never-the-less, I look at the triumph I had putting that bitch of a feature back onto my converted Saiga!

None on mine, never cared for BHO on AK's. Makes a little more sense on the S12 because it can be hard to insert a mag on a closed bolt, but on AK's I don't see the point. It's not doing anything that a spent shell casing can't do.

Z

I put it back in mine, but I didn't like the way my finger rubbed against it, so I took it back out when I got a Krebs safety.

Yeah... Playing with the trigger I felt the same annoyance on my finger. I'm going to the range today and ill see, if any, my accuracy change. If that's the case, I might look into dremel'ing the little square part that sticks out the gun to a small little hump

I put the BHO lever back into all of mine, because it makes the range officer happy and there's a already a slot for it anyway. Definitely add a notch for the spring and install with dental floss trick, which makes it a snap once you've done it once or twice. And of course you have to modify the right side of the hammer or buy one pre-modified.

I also round the front of the lever off so it doesn't interfere with my trigger finger. Takes a minute with a Dremel and doesn't rust easy due to the composition of the steel.

Seen some horror stories about them popping up to high and jamming the action, but it hasn't happened to me.

I do like the Safety Selector mod.... just because it looks like you can slap the lever down and rack one in the chamber... The BHO from the factory wont let you have that quick rack feature, ...

:rolleyes: All I do is pull back on the charging handle and release, just like every other rifle with a bolt lock.

Only on the shotgun. All the rifles don't have it. The shotgun is the only one that locks bolt behind the rounds. All the rifles I've seen only locks bolt back a couple inches or so. That is the factory BHO and not the safety slot BHO mod.

Thats the only thing i dont like about the BHO in the rifles. I wish someone would make or atleast offer the service to modify the factory rifle BHO's, so they will lock back far enuf to strip off the top round, like the S12.

I did reinstall the BHO's back into my IZ132 and IZ240. Its a nice "feature", if your mindful of bending the spring and notching the lever for reliability.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • 2 weeks later...

I do not have the internal one. I had to take it out to do the conversion, didn't mess with putting it back in. I prefer my rifles to lock open when empty, but the BHO doesn't do that - so meh.

Klown, if you don't like that the AR locks open when empty, shotgun it and file down the tooth on the bolt catch that engages the mag follower. You'll still be able to manually lock it open if you prefer, but it won't lock open when empty without replacing the bolt catch.

Edited by jeep45238
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes. I like having the feature available at the range or when doing a quick boresnake cleaning if I know that I'll be back at the range in a couple days - normally I disassemble and clean completely unless I know I'm going back.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted yes. Kept mine on because its a nice feature, and makes it easy to show the chamber's empty when at the square range. I may modify the safety lever someday, but for now the button works for me.

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • Like 2

I voted "NO". I left the BHO on my first conversion but wound up taking it back off due to the contact it made with my trigger finger...it simply annoyed me. I did like the feature however. I still have the BHO units for all (4) of my converted saigas and if the right modification comes along I can always reinstall them as long as my trigger finger is not interferred with.

I voted "NO". I left the BHO on my first conversion but wound up taking it back off due to the contact it made with my trigger finger...it simply annoyed me. I did like the feature however. I still have the BHO units for all (4) of my converted saigas and if the right modification comes along I can always reinstall them as long as my trigger finger is not interferred with.

Stick it on a bench grinder. My BHO only sticks out maybe 1/16" from the receiver.

• 4 weeks later...

Why would you NOT want an AR's bolt to lock back after the last round?? You'd rather have the bolt slam against the barrel extension and take the time to aim and pull the trigger for no reason? I mean personal preference and all but that's one of those things that I LOVE about AR's and wish they were on AK's. Never heard anyone say they didn't want it. Maybe I'll take it off your hands and put it on my saiga big_smile.gif . But hey, to every person there own.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...