Where can I find the old style metal barrel nut for my S-12?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the older style metal barrel nut that comes on most Saiga-12s new from the factory, any ideas as to where I might find one?

I just bought a Legion S-12, and I'm in the process of restoring it, and I absolutely despise the "home depot special" plastic nut they put on the gun.

I don't want a mall-ninja, or Elmer Fudd attachment for the end of my gun, I want the basic metal barrel nut. But thanks for the suggestion in advance. :haha:

Sounds funny but, go to a plumbing supply store and look for one. If you can find one that fits, that will be cheaper in the long run. Post here in the WTS/WTT section and I am sure someone has one they will let go cheap. I threw mine away or I would just send it to you.

They turn up pretty regularly in the WTS section, usually when folks are selling their pre-conversion stock parts. A lot of folks don't feel the need to keep it around once they find a muzzle device they like. I keep mine around, and actually just picked up a spare in the WTS section recently - another will no doubt turn up, if you're patient. You might post a WTB ad for the extra exposure.

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for the older style metal barrel nut that comes on most Saiga-12s new from the factory, any ideas as to where I might find one?

I just bought a Legion S-12, and I'm in the process of restoring it, and I absolutely despise the "home depot special" plastic nut they put on the gun.

I don't want a mall-ninja, or Elmer Fudd attachment for the end of my gun, I want the basic metal barrel nut. But thanks for the suggestion in advance. :haha:

MAA

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-12-factory-thread-protector-p-1786.html

But hurry...

Also, hit up Loanstar Arms, Tony of Tromix, Tac-47, RedJacket, Gunfixr, Jt engineering, C&S, or for that matter, anybody else who builds guns with permanently attached muzzle devices to an overall length of around 18"

They all likely have a small box full each.

That's not a barrel nut. It's a thread protector. You asked about a "barrel nut". :unsure:

On an AK pattern rifle it's referred to as the muzzle nut.

Seeing as the Saiga-12 is just an over sized AK variant asking for a factory "muzzle nut" seemed appropriate.

Does the factory thread protector not invoke images of the old AK-47 muzzle nut for you?

Edited by Raiden

Since you nevered PMed me then post five hours later to argue the terminology of what you are asking for, I respectively withdraw my offer to you.

If you really wanted one you might have tried to contact me seeing as my post was the last on the thread before you posted that reply.

Sorry