I'm looking to buy a new nice flashlight. Ideally I'd like for it to second as a weapon light to mount on the rails of my Saiga-12. I can spend up to $200, but I'd like to keep it way under that if possible.. any extra goes towards ammo :) Also I want it to me a nice solid flashlight that is going to last - I plan on having it for a very long time.

Here is the criteria:

Small - I want to carry it in my pocket, on belt, or maybe in glovebox of car

Very Bright - I want a light that will match the sun in brightness ;)

Durable - I'm hard on my lights and use them a fair amount - also needs to stand up to the recoil of a shotgun

What would you guys recommend? My brother has a Surefire and it seems pretty nice. What's the best brand/model that fits my description?

CBR,

I have 8 hand held and 4 weapon mounted Surefire lights and cant say a bad word about any of them! I have them all over the house, carry them at work and most importantly I have one on me at all times! For double duty, believe it of not I like the cheap Surfire( the Nitrolon series). As for as the my carry light it the E2D LED Defender. While the regular E2D is about a half inch shorter therefor easier to carry I like the longer lasting LED.

These flashlights are plenty bright and durable but do go through batteries faster than a maglite or similar lights, they take CR123 batteries which are more expensive than regular sizes.

Hope this helps,

Dave

What do you like about the Fenix TK11 that the TK15 doesn't have?

I only have experience with the TK11 and TK30, both are much better than I expected from an affordable flashlight. Lots of officers at work use Surefire or Streamlight flash lights and the Fenix is just as good, but brighter and cost a lot less. I would imagine the TK15 is just as good if not better than the 11.

Regardless of the brand, make or model you choose I think it's going to impossible to meet all of your criteria with just one light. If you want a light that is comfortable to carry in your pocket, it's not also going to be a super-bright weapon light, and vice-versa. And if you reach into your pocket for your light and it's still attached to your gun (or vise-versa) that's not going to help you either. Buy a good light for each purpose even if you have to spend a little less for each one. But I promise you that for less than $200 you can buy a very good weapon light and a smaller EDC that you'll be happy with.

This is my next Surefire. http://www.surefire.com/The-T1A-Titan

I have had several. This one would work well for walking around and using with a pistol.

The coolest thing is the variable light output. Similar to to when you Iris down a camera lens. You twist the barrel to increase or decrease illumination.

I need to figure out how water proof they are before pulling the trigger on one. Sure the price will come down soon.

I have an Olight T10 and T15 (190 lumen and 210 lumen) for EDC lights and a Surefire G2 LED. I carried the T10 all day everyday for 4 years and only bought the T15 when I thought I lost the T10. Both are very light weight, rugged and powerful and have different brightness settings that give you the ability to conserve battery power...for example, the low setting on the T15 (12 lumen I think) will give you 72 hours of continuous light on a fresh set of batteries. The Surefire is to bulky to keep in my pocket and I already carry a side arm and spare mag so I didn't feel the need to add another pouch to my belt, it pulls nightstand duty.

I did alot of research on the candlepowerforum and batteryjunction before I bought the Olights.

I'm looking to buy a new nice flashlight. Ideally I'd like for it to second as a weapon light to mount on the rails of my Saiga-12. I can spend up to $200, but I'd like to keep it way under that if possible.. any extra goes towards ammo :) Also I want it to me a nice solid flashlight that is going to last - I plan on having it for a very long time.

Here is the criteria:

Small - I want to carry it in my pocket, on belt, or maybe in glovebox of car

Very Bright - I want a light that will match the sun in brightness ;)

Durable - I'm hard on my lights and use them a fair amount - also needs to stand up to the recoil of a shotgun

What would you guys recommend? My brother has a Surefire and it seems pretty nice. What's the best brand/model that fits my description?

Ebay has some realy good deals on very bright flaslights. I have been happy with all I have bought

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=cree+flashlight+&_cqr=true&_nkwusc=cree+flashlighs&_rdc=1

Surefire G2 Led.

G2LED-BK_45L_large.png

It's bright, but not bright enough to blind yourself with splash back inside a dark house. It's durable, uses batteries that will keep their charge for 10 years in storage and are not affected by temp. It has a polymer body that is very comfortable to hold even when its really cold out and you don't have a glove on. Most light mount manufacturers make a mount for it, like my personal favorite, vltor's smq-ocg:

smqocg1.jpg

I have bought about a half dozen from Ebay... they are the Ultrafire ones... about 15 bucks... need a 18650 battery to run em... I NEVER use them as a weapon light... but for a handheld flashlight... at 300 to 500 lumens depending on the model you get... they are PHENOMENAL!!! They are REALLY bright as fuck!!! Will light up the dark like the SUN!!!! :up: and decently rugged!!! I have not had one break yet... been using them all the time for about a year or more now!!

I had to buy more than my original two... cause everyone I know that saw mine HAD TO HAVE ONE!!!!

this one was my FAVORITE... I personally own TWO!!:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UltraFire-501B-300-lumens-1-Mode-CREE-Q5-LED-Flashlight-/120765122931?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item1c1e298973\

others were like THIS:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zoomable-Tactical-CREE-LED-300-lumens-Flashlight-Torch-/110634892831?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item19c25a7e1f

All were VERY decent for the price!!!!

You can get the light, with a battery or two and charger for less than 30 bucks... and that STILL gives you MORE THAN ENOUGH money leftover for a GOOD quality weapon light!!!! makes perfect sense to me!! :lol:

:smoke: