my 30-30 mossberg with about 200 rounds, and a pistol grip mossberg 500 and maybe 75-100 shells. never know. im going to carry my sgl 31 when my pelican case comes in. that way i can take it with me in the work truck as well.

its hard to beat a 30-30 for around here. plenty of stopping power and great accuracy. and for the 12ga, few things are more devistating up close than a good shotgun.

Edited by Captain Hero

5 shot 44 spl. bulldog out of a 2 inch barrel.

Course it's not my truck gun it's just on me 24/7. ( don't own a truck smatrened up and bought a JEEP.)

Loaded with Winchester 240 silver tips for the "emergency werewolf situation"

One of my buddies once asked why I shoot something so slow?

I replied " can you run 640 FPS?"

He's never spoke of it since.

on long trips I mostly grab the IMI UZI and a 30 cal box of 9mm with mags to fill out the haul. with my CCW bully.

NEVER needed the UZI and hope I never do.

Juggs has the best IMHO.

An old SKS.

Cheap enough not to break your heart if stolen & versatile enough for many situations one may encounter.

I used to run a bolt gun for the same reason. About six months ago I finally put insurance on a couple of my guns so my attitude has since changed.

Draco outfitted with poly 20rd mags, hogue PG and front handguard, krebs custom safty, tromix extended chargeing handle, Ram ambi mag tab, rear PG sling plate with single point bungie, FSC47 brake

fits nice in the box between the seats, only had to pull it out once, group of young underprivledged urban gangbangers at a gas station one evening decided to get ignert..... they sure looked ingert leaveing the parking lot at a dead run...

something about pulling out a Draco, racking a round out on the ground and kicking it over to em.... let em look down and see it, then look back up and see that green laser playing off their basketball jersy numbers....a few choice words like " which one of you Mutherfxxxxrs wanna meet jesus? "

They decided they didn't wanna play anymore =o(

honestly... I giggled all the way home

silly bastards

• Like 3

Here in Michigan, it has to be a "Michigan Pistol" under 26" OAL and you must have a CCW... Or be on your way to your range, home, or place of business if it is a rifle. A rifle may never be carried loaded. Some of you folks have much better laws.

I had a run-in with the Battle Creek police over this one once.

That being said, I have my PLR-16. It fits the purpose, but rarely lives in the vehicle. Cars are too easily, and commonly, broken into in my opinion. I keep my weapon on me in all legal situations.

Either a G19, G30, 1911's, Taurus 357, 454 raging bull, PT709, XD40, FN5.7x28, and if I fell froggy, the vector V53P with the beta drum, but when on long trips in the dually, the Mossberg 500 stuffed between my seat and the console. Plus, the wife carries a Judge in her purse and a Ruger SRC9 on her side, and I almost always have the NAA 22 mag in my front pocket, just in case. There's a bunch more in the safes downstairs, but I can't remember all the toys right now.

• Like 1

i dont have a ccw, so i dont carry a firearm on me or in my car at any time except when im on my way to the shooting range. but if i could choose one firearm, id want my draco with an 80 round drum.

too bad im gonna have to move out of california before i can get that drum though

on a side note though, i am intending to eventually move to the lake tahoe area. if and when i do that, the first two things im going to get are a ccw and a 50 cal desert eagle. not for self defense against people, but rather bears. i will not be a snack for a bear, or any other wild animal.

on a side note though, i am intending to eventually move to the lake tahoe area. if and when i do that, the first two things im going to get are a ccw and a 50 cal desert eagle. not for self defense against people, but rather bears. i will not be a snack for a bear, or any other wild animal.

I'm sure you meant a 75-rnd, (or 100), rnd drum in your previous post. ;)

Fuck a DE, (they're fairly ridiculous except as range toys imo), get a Glock 20 with a 6" barrel and full-power 10mm rounds; 15 per mag, (17 or 20 with aftermarket floorplates). That'll fuck a b'ar up, no problem, and you can also carry it concealed with the 4.6" factory barrel in place, (still plenty potent). :smoke:

• Like 2

I'm sure you meant a 75-rnd, (or 100), rnd drum in your previous post. ;)

Fuck a DE, (they're fairly ridiculous except as range toys imo), get a Glock 20 with a 6" barrel and full-power 10mm rounds; 15 per mag, (17 or 20 with aftermarket floorplates). That'll fuck a b'ar up, no problem, and you can also carry it concealed with the 4.6" factory barrel in place, (still plenty potent). :smoke:

ehh yea, thats exactly what i meant, 100 rd drum!! must have been a typo

lol

as for desert eagles, ive never actually gotten to shoot one, i may want to do that before i go invest the 1000 dollars or whatever it is for it. for practically any self defense situation id rather have a glock though. ive already gotten used to that type of pistol in 9mm and 45. 10mm would be a step up, but id love to go there. full size glock 20 is on my wishlist of firearms. although im kinda leaning towards some kind of large caliber revolver first, being as i already own a glock 19 and glock 30. no revolvers yet.

the desert eagle would be playing a very specific role, that being a last line of defense against a bear attack. they may be incredibly large and awkward for most situations, but if a bear were on top of me trying to eat me, i dont think id have any problem one handing the desert eagle, and id definitely want something with so much power it would absolutely wreck whatever was on the receiving end.

Edited by Cali_Armz

...they may be incredibly large and awkward for most situations, but if a bear were on top of me trying to eat me, i dont think id have any problem one handing the desert eagle, and id definitely want something with so much power it would absolutely wreck whatever was on the receiving end.

10mm serves quite well in that role. You don't need .50 AE.

I have a ccw so I dont really have a need for a trunk gun. But regardless i wouldnt keep one. First I wouldnt want it stolen and second I live and work on the border with a state that doesnt allow CCW, doesnt recognize anyone else's CCW, and has strict rules as to what kind of evil features you can have on a rifle. Sometimes I have to travel through that state and I dont want to be stuck at the last second not know what to do with my trunk gun.

Edited by Arik

thats interesting guys. i knew 10mm was incredibly powerful, but i didnt know it was powerful enough to drop a bear. i guess i just figured more is better. when it comes down to it though, id much rather have a glock 20 over a desert eagle. but what id really like is glock in 44 mag

5 shot 44 spl. bulldog out of a 2 inch barrel.

Course it's not my truck gun it's just on me 24/7. ( don't own a truck smatrened up and bought a JEEP.)

Loaded with Winchester 240 silver tips for the "emergency werewolf situation"

One of my buddies once asked why I shoot something so slow?

I replied " can you run 640 FPS?"

He's never spoke of it since.

on long trips I mostly grab the IMI UZI and a 30 cal box of 9mm with mags to fill out the haul. with my CCW bully.

NEVER needed the UZI and hope I never do.

JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket.

I just sold my Jeep and bought a GMC truck! 021.gif

I keep a sig 9, or keltec pf9 with me always. (magazine inserted, round chambered, god I love texas)

• Like 1

1011632.jpg

i love mine. this gun is much more accurate than most think.

since i dont carry concealed i dont worry about its size. its the weight that can drag you down. when i carry mine, i use a shoulder holster. its much easier. at least for me. these are great guns, just kinda pricey to shoot.

I CCW all the time so the sidearm is already on me. A WASR rides in my rig because like Jugg's SKS, it's cheap if it does get stolen. I purchased this WASR a few years ago that had an ACOG TA01NSN on it. Essentially, I bought an ACOG and got a free WASR with mags and ammo to boot. It had a quadrail on it already so I added a VFG and light to it as well as an EMI aluminum buffer tube for a M4 stock, and a SAW grip. I run irons on this one. It is surprisingly accurate for a cheap AK. I don't run the ACOG on it as it is calibrated for a 5.56 NATO Carbine anyway plus expensive to chance losing.