Which conversion kit?

So I finally decided I want to convert and had a couple of questions. Like alot of people these days Im on a budget and was wondering who offers the cheapest kit that requires the least amount of modification? I dont mind grinding/drilling rivets out but I really dont want to cut the receiver. Ive looked at the CSS kits but there are literally 17 different ones. Also, do I need to change stocks if I do the conversion? Any info is appreciated.

During conversion you move the trigger forward. Using the "sporter" stock, that stock's "pistol grip" will be further away from the trigger, so not a very ergonomic situation. You'd be better off buying a new stock and pistol grip. That'll also make it look like an original AK.

Are there any kits out there that dont require changing the stock?

I converted shortly after I got my Saiga. The balance and feel of the rifle is exceptionally better than the sporter configuration. I recommend moving the FCG forward and being 922r compliant. You will save money in the long run. If you don't want to change out the internals, you could buy this stock: http://store.carolin...NTRAFUSE/Detail but, you will need 3 more parts to be 922r compliant. You could use these mags for that: http://store.carolin...30-round/Detail these do not require a bullet guide. I strongly recommend moving the FCG forward, but it is your rifle. You can mod it any way you see fit. Hope this helps :)