What iron sights are you using?

Hi, new to the forum. I just got my S12 a week ago and already bought a CSS conversion kit for it! Now I'm looking at getting some better iron sights for it. Please post pictures of your sights, where you bought them, and how they attach [weld on, picatinny rail etc]. And if possible, can you post a picture of what the sights look like when aiming through them. Thanks!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought a kreb's custom set early on and fell in live with the peep sight. I really missed it when I upgraded to the Dinzag rear sight block with an AK sight leaf. I recently installed the kreb's c

Defcon, I think you need another forward grip. 3 just isn't enough.

this is by far the best IMO design, and is my plans for the future...   pretty fucking dead on at 100 yards.

Posted Images

Dinzag older weld-on rear sight/gasblock mod with Izzy S12 front sight tower. I believe Dinzag does a bolt on RSB/GB now and if I needed another I'd definitely get it, the one I have has been the best thing I've done to my S12.

Welcome to the forum :beer:

NinerRiderS12Air02.JPG

DinzagGasTube01.JPG

Z

Edited by TX-Zen

Krebs w/ XS Big Dot front post. Front sight clamps on/ rear peep sight fits in original rear site dove tail. Works well, installs easy, fairly inexpensive, and if you use the XS front post it's tritium for night/low light.

post-1866-0-55798000-1315676931_thumb.jpg

Edited by 6500rpm

Krebs. Does anybody know if the Dinzag front is the right height for the Krebs rear? I really dislike the look of the clamp on front sight post; I'd like to get something smoother and silver solder it in place, but I don't want to give up the ghost ring.

He has two different fsb's, that I'm sure you're aware of.

I use the older low version for the stock rear sight and pretty much had to screw the front sight post all the way down to get good groupings with slugs. The low version may be useable with the Krebs ghost ring.

I would contact Brian, I'm sure he would know.

Last time I talked to him he mentioned developing his own ghost ring but that was last year some time.

Fyi, I bust the hell out of some clays with my setup and put tight groups on paper with sluggers.

Krebs. Does anybody know if the Dinzag front is the right height for the Krebs rear? I really dislike the look of the clamp on front sight post; I'd like to get something smoother and silver solder it in place, but I don't want to give up the ghost ring.

You'd want the short one, and would have to lower the post down low, as did Mullet Man, you can see by my pics the sight post in relation to the original bead sight.

On the Krebs rear, the bottom of the ring is almost exactly as high as the original rear sight.

These front sight blocks include a standard AK sight post' date=' windage drum, indexing pin and spring as well as two set-screws and an allen wrench. [b']Short one is designed to be used with the factory sights [/b]and the taller one is designed to work with my Press-On Upper Assembly with the AK rear sight block.

I guess I'm different, I use the factory sights. after all it's a shotgun, not a rifle. all you have to be is close, I mean if you can't hit a target with bucks shot with a semi auto, you really are a very bad shot :)

How are you with slugs though? :rolleyes:

You'd want the short one, and would have to lower the post down low, as did Mullet Man, you can see by my pics the sight post in relation to the original bead sight.

On the Krebs rear, the bottom of the ring is almost exactly as high as the original rear sight.

Thanks. Looks like I will stick with the Krebs post since it is already the right height. I should be able to modify it into what I want, it just means more work.

I guess I'm different, I use the factory sights. after all it's a shotgun, not a rifle. all you have to be is close, I mean if you can't hit a target with bucks shot with a semi auto, you really are a very bad shot :)

I live in Alaska, and the ability to quickly, and accurately place a slug in Mr. Fuzzy Wuzzy can be of critical importance. The factory sights seemed to be far from ideal for this purpose. I usually carry a Marlin Guide Gun, so the S-12 isn't my first choice for that, but with 3" slugs it will do. I already have ghost rings and/or peep sights on most of my unscoped rifles, and I like to keep my sighting systems consistent as much as possible.

Dinzag older weld-on rear sight/gasblock mod with Izzy S12 front sight tower. I believe Dinzag does a bolt on RSB/GB now and if I needed another I'd definitely get it, the one I have has been the best thing I've done to my S12.

Welcome to the forum :beer:

NinerRiderS12Air02.JPG

DinzagGasTube01.JPG

Z

this is by far the best IMO design, and is my plans for the future...

I guess I'm different, I use the factory sights. after all it's a shotgun, not a rifle. all you have to be is close, I mean if you can't hit a target with bucks shot with a semi auto, you really are a very bad shot smile.gif

How are you with slugs though? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: pretty fucking dead on at 100 yards.

• Like 1

Front sight went on easily. I'm trying to remove the factory rear, and it doesn't seem like I should have to beat it this hard, but it's not moving at all. I peek underneath looking at a light and can see right through, so I'm guessing there's no lock screw from beneath it. Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, ridicule cuz I'm a simpleton?