What iron sights are you using?

Front sight went on easily. I'm trying to remove the factory rear, and it doesn't seem like I should have to beat it this hard, but it's not moving at all. I peek underneath looking at a light and can see right through, so I'm guessing there's no lock screw from beneath it. Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, ridicule cuz I'm a simpleton?

I takes a lot of force to get it moving! No really, a lot, a solid whack to get it moving, try a 3lb sledge. Should have it in a vise.

That or Dremel the sight to loosen it, careful and don't cut into the receiver.

I had to pound on mine like a pedophile in prison.

And getting the Krebs rear started into the groove can be a bear too, it wants to slide to one side or the other and not go straight in.

You'll have to finesse it in, then give some more prison sex to get it in, then finesse it some more to center it up.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I bought a kreb's custom set early on and fell in live with the peep sight. I really missed it when I upgraded to the Dinzag rear sight block with an AK sight leaf. I recently installed the kreb's c

Defcon, I think you need another forward grip. 3 just isn't enough.

this is by far the best IMO design, and is my plans for the future...   pretty fucking dead on at 100 yards.

Posted Images

Thanks. Found this guy. Wanted a second opinion. Goin out to the garage with the Dremel now. I knew this was gonna be one of those days when I found my truck windows down this morning after it poured cats n dogs all night. : ) Thanks for the help, MUCH appreciated. I hate breaking things.

i had krebs sights and loved them, i just put an ak rear sight block on and im not sure if it will work with the krebs front sight or not, hopefully someone would trade the appropriate dinzag fsb for my krebs, or best case scenario the krebs could be made to work with the ak rear sight

i had krebs sights and loved them, i just put an ak rear sight block on and im not sure if it will work with the krebs front sight or not, hopefully someone would trade the appropriate dinzag fsb for my krebs, or best case scenario the krebs could be made to work with the ak rear sight

Dinzags rear sight block & sight may not work well with the Krebs, IIRC correctly the Dinzag RSB uses the Dinzag Tall FSB.

Find someone who has the Dinzag Tall FSB and have'em measure theirs for comparison.

Or simply email Dinzag and ask'im.

Edited by ChileRelleno

well, my ak rear sight block is not a dinzag, i havn't looked at the dinzag to see how it attaches, but it seems pretty obvious how to attach it and i don't imaging there would be any height difference in the dinzag rsb. my best options is probably going to be selling the krebs and buying a dinzag fsb

well, my ak rear sight block is not a dinzag, i havn't looked at the dinzag to see how it attaches, but it seems pretty obvious how to attach it and i don't imaging there would be any height difference in the dinzag rsb. my best options is probably going to be selling the krebs and buying a dinzag fsb

Post up some pics. I'd like to see it.

Which RSB did you put on, as in replace the entire thing, right?

The entire block, not just the leaf site?

Pics, please & thank you.

Dinzag's actually rides a little higher as it sit atop the S12's RSB..

Which is why it need the Tall FSB.

Depending on what you have, you may be good to go.

Edited by ChileRelleno

i replaced the entire thing with a heavily modified ak rear sight block, what i did was take a bulgarian rear sight block and cut away the part that went around the ak barrel and weld it on after removing the saiga rear sight block and modify a bulgarian ak74 gas tube

here is a picture of it as i am working on it, i'll get some finished pics up in a few days or a week when i have time to finish it

picture16ci.png

Edited by Russian Hammer

From what I can see in your pic,

it looks like the RSB is substantially higher then the gas block, the rear leaf is higher than the original bead sight.

The krebs rear sits just a few 16ths" higher than the original rear & bead

I'd lay $20. that the Krebs won't work, perhaps if the front blade is almost unscrewed out of the FSB.

100_6200.jpg

that makes sense, and if it is too high i can always adjust the rear leaf. now my real dilemma is if the rear aperture on a hinged TWS dust cover will work with the dinzag fsb, i plan to buy one an modify the ejection port to work with the s12, and since i plan to mount an optic it would not be a huge deal, i'd still like to have the option of iron sights

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a kreb's custom set early on and fell in live with the peep sight. I really missed it when I upgraded to the Dinzag rear sight block with an AK sight leaf. I recently installed the kreb's custom AK aperture sight with an XS big dot front post. Oh my god, I'm in love. Quick acquisition, high contrast (tritium), and it's windage and elevation adjustable.

gallery_24913_686_1145787.jpg

Edited by Mr. Nathan
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to the range with the Krebs front sight on, to see how it shot using the factory iron rear sight. Remington 2 3/4" sluggers shoot about 6" low at 100 yards. Raining today so decided to play with it some more. Took the lions share of the sight out with a bench grinder, then got bright light on it to finish the cut off with a dremel. Wimped out towards the end for fear of cutting too deep. So I took a 1/4" steel chisel and hammer and gave some medium hard hits front and rear. This bent the sight in on itself so a few gentle taps from the side drove it right out in one piece. Way back when I did auto body work, I remember we used to put new ball joints in the freezer when we had to change them. Then heat up the A frame with a torch, and the ball joint would almost fall in. SO, I have the new Krebs ghost sight in the freezer, and the Saiga sitting in front of the wood stove. Hopefully this baby will go together in a little while, and I'll have her right on at 100 yards.

• Like 1
Front sight went on easily. I'm trying to remove the factory rear, and it doesn't seem like I should have to beat it this hard, but it's not moving at all. I peek underneath looking at a light and can see right through, so I'm guessing there's no lock screw from beneath it. Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas, ridicule cuz I'm a simpleton?

I was beating on mine to drive it out. It did not want to move, so I took a hacksaw and cut across the sight, parallel with the blade. Leave a little material so you don't scratch the gun and it will drive out fine after relief of the pressure. I did this to mount a gas tube rail on the gun before I took a good look at the rail. I should have just filed off the sight blade. There is only a thin piece of steel left that I had to drill and tap for the rail's bolt to grab onto. It works but I would have liked it to have more "meat" to screw into.

Malodave

None.... wel, they are on there, but I never look at them. I have shot mine so much that I know exactly where it shoots.

Defcon,

Did you install the front and rear BUS backwards on purpose? My OCD wouldn't let me go without asking, sorry.

.... and yes, a great word to describe your S12 would be "grippy". No shortage of handhold options there.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

^ actually i didnt have any instructions on how to install the MBUS. i bought these used so its my first time installing them.

so how do i fix this? ill look it up on google images.

i need 3 grips for the massive recoil

haha.gif

Edited by defcon

I'm running cheap airsoft sights on my bullpupped S12. They lay down as pistol sights and flip up to A1 style sights. I've two sets and both tip a bit to the left when flipped up to A1s. Machining flaw I imagine. But I love the pistol sights and I seem to be right on at 30-40yrds with slugs.

Would love to find AK style P-rail mounted sights with the rear sight ramp and all.

post-15573-0-09321700-1320359321.jpg

post-15573-0-92315000-1320359382.jpg

post-15573-0-16787500-1320359503.jpg

^ actually i didnt have any instructions on how to install the MBUS. i bought these used so its my first time installing them.

so how do i fix this? ill look it up on google images.

i need 3 grips for the massive recoil

haha.gif

Remove them and re-install with the part that flips up to the rear. Done....

I bought a kreb's custom set early on and fell in live with the peep sight. I really missed it when I upgraded to the Dinzag rear sight block with an AK sight leaf. I recently installed the kreb's custom AK aperture sight with an XS big dot front post. Oh my god, I'm in love. Quick acquisition, high contrast (tritium), and it's windage and elevation adjustable.

gallery_24913_686_1145787.jpg

Would you PM me with th

e details of your set up i love that rear sight aperture