Saiga 308 with bolt that tears up brass.

Good day,

I have a 22" Saiga 308 that I have owned for years but never fired much because of a problem it has had. The bolt tears up the cases on the left side of the magazine when the bolt cycles. I recently heard that on Saigas this is due to a machining step on the bolt that was skipped on some bolts. The solution is to dremel the bolt yourself or supposedly you can send the bolt to RAA for a new one.

I have tried searching with no success. What is the better option? If I dremel the bolt what do I need to dremel and how much or if I contact RAA to fix it what do I tell them and who there do I contact?

Thanks for any help.

How much steel case ammo have you used? Mine can be tough on brass, but after polishing the third lug ever so slightly and using more steel cased ammo, the problem is taking care of itself. Search "third lug" for more answers.

I know the one you are talking about I swear I saw it a few weeks ago and cant locate for anything. It went into a lot of areas in that receiver that could use touching up in addition to the bolt.