Finished Woodie Project Pic

Hello,

This post is just showing off the finished project. Thanks again for all the help I received here on proper treatment for the wood.

SteveM, you can order from Krebscustom.com for $45. They also have the ugly, ugly, plastic stocks for $35 Come to think of it, so do I....

Here you go wood fans.....

post-5-1078013699.jpg

Man, that's pretty. How does the handle feel compared to the original plastic? I'm not too fond of the plastic one, the angle feels too awkward. Does it make alot of weight difference?

Hello Hemophilic,

Yes, I can tell you there is an improvement in the balance and feel of the wood furniture, at least in the way the gun fits me...

The wood stock has an actual cheek piece instead of a straight comb so I find my line of sight is raised about an inch higher now and this is more comfortable.

The grip is also lower and drops my shooting hand about an inch, and for me, this is also an improvement.

The wood forestock is about 1/2 inch wider--I'm not sure if that improves my shooting, but I like the feel of it.

I have seen it suggested on this forum that you can reduce the hollow, clunky feel of the plastic stock by spraying it full of expandable foam, so maybe someone who has tried that can tell you if it is worthwhile?

Thanks to the rest of you for the compliments, I am very happy with the results.

pharmer

p.s. in the attached photo, you can see how the straight comb and reduced angle on the grip change when you are holding a plastic stock.

post-5-1078712279.jpg