AGP 10 3" feed problems

hey everybody, i was wondering if anyone was having problems with thier AGP 10 rounders having serious issues feeding 3 inch shells? mine is CONSTANTLY wanting to jam the first round either above the barrel hood or way below the feed ramp. ive never had this problem with 2 3/4 inch shells, and this is the first time running 3" through the AGP 10. reason its now loaded with them is that there has been a recent string of break ins very close to my house, and the thieves are reportedly using 2 trained german shepherds to hold up the homeowners. normally i keep my 870 loaded for HD, but i really dont think im fast enough with it to kill 2 charging dogs, so ive loaded the saiga. granted its with rifled slugs, but im getting more buckshot soon. however, i had to pull the 10 rounder out because of its newfound jamming. i now have the factory 5 loaded, and its feeding flawlessly. problem is, if they hit here, i have 5 bullets for 5 targets. if i miss, im out. its also damn near impossible to charge the gun, as the carrier seems to be hanging up on the ammo, and i have to rip it back HARD, and it damages the first shell. again, the factory 5 is flawless. i really didnt want to fork out 150 bucks for a factory 8, but if this problem persists and nobodys brought out a reliable american mag by new years (chaos steel 8, md arms whatever the hell they might eventually decide they want to produce), then im gonna fork out the money. other than that, does anybody know how to fix this?

Do you really think your life isn't worth $150.

If you're using the S12 for HD, factory 5, or better yet, factory 8, period. Just my opinion.

I know the expense is worth it, problem is rusmilitary is out of stock until next august according to their website.

Edited by yooper14.5

Do you really think your life isn't worth $150.

If you're using the S12 for HD, factory 5, or better yet, factory 8, period. Just my opinion.

Gotta agree to a point... I keep a factory 5rd ready to go in the gun.

But, I wouldn't hesitate to slap a Surefire/SGM in, they do extremely well, at least in my S12.

I'm not dropping $ducats$ on a factory 8rd though. :wacko:

Edited by ChileRelleno

my question is what is the big deal about using 3 inch shells?what is the difference between 2and 3/4 and 3 inch?is it a huge difference?what is the upside?2 and 3/4 00 buck and slugs are ass kickers,so somebody please tell me why they think they need to use 3 inchers.

The difference is I'm out of 2 3/4 inch.

there is a thread above this by the moderator which has some good tips and contact info for AGP, I guess they have great customer service and will talk you through your problem......try reading that thread.....I read it because I just bought a couple, and haven't tried them out yet.....

I know, nothing to do with your AGP. Throwing out my 2 cents. I keep 2 3/4 for HD. I know 3" is standard. Its close quarters 2 3/4 is plenty and wont travel as far. Everyones oh shit scenario is different. My drum is not just a toy, I keep one full of buck at all times. 12 rounder full of slug. Never in a million would I spend that kind of money on an 8rd until I bought one this summer. The 5rnd stays in the weapon. I would resolve your problem, in the same breath as much as I love the surefire I dont rely on it (never had a problem) thats what the Russian mags are for. Oh and IMHO that the best part of owning an s-12 : Knowing you can bring all that noise in a couple of seconds. Best security on the market!

my question is what is the big deal about using 3 inch shells?what is the difference between 2and 3/4 and 3 inch?is it a huge difference?what is the upside?2 and 3/4 00 buck and slugs are ass kickers,so somebody please tell me why they think they need to use 3 inchers.

The advantage I see is more projectiles. My factory 5 is loaded with 3" 10 pellet 000buck, I don't think that would fit in a 2 3/4".

I think most of the replies on this subject is why we are seeing issues with 3 inch now. No one sees a reason to use them. Look at the new 2011 s12s they are tuned more towards 2 3/4, the drums are the same way. Me personally I think if I don't know what's happening I want the biggest most god awfully powerful thing I can get. Just cause u don't use 3 inch all the time dosent mean that they should be any less reliable. No one seems to be bothered by this turn of events. For years I have had a 10 gauge for home defense, I have no neighbours so maximum overkill is what I'm after. Any ways back to ur mag problem. Look and see how much of ur mag is inserted compared to the factory one. One of my agps sat higher and had the same problem. A lil off both tabs and some jb weld on the top to take out wiggle helped a lot

and the thieves are reportedly using 2 trained german shepherds to hold up the homeowners. normally i keep my 870 loaded for HD, but i really dont think im fast enough with it to kill 2 charging dogs, so ive loaded the saiga. granted its with rifled slugs, but im getting more buckshot soon. .... other than that, does anybody know how to fix this?

When the Saiga runs dry, transition to handgun and solve the problem.

Then get the SGM 10 rounders and more buckshot ammo.

The advantage I see is more projectiles. My factory 5 is loaded with 3" 10 pellet 000buck, I don't think that would fit in a 2 3/4".

I just got 000buck with 8 or 9 pellets in 2 3/4.

I just got 000buck with 8 or 9 pellets in 2 3/4.

Exactly.

I am all for buying new stuff "just because" but if this thread is really about you getting your gun running because you fear a possible home invasion all this talk about unavailable russian mags is ridiculous when it can all be solved with 2 $6 boxes of 2 3/4 00buck.

Hell,the Remington bulk 00buck they sell at walmart is loaded hot as hell and will damn sure drop a German Shepherd.Go buy a box of that,load your AGP and be done with it.

I am all for buying new stuff "just because" but if this thread is really about you getting your gun running because you fear a possible home invasion all this talk about unavailable russian mags is ridiculous when it can all be solved with 2 $6 boxes of 2 3/4 00buck.

Hell,the Remington bulk 00buck they sell at walmart is loaded hot as hell and will damn sure drop a German Shepherd.Go buy a box of that,load your AGP and be done with it.

If I remember right my walmart doesn't carry buckshot. But I see your point. I'm gonna call agp tomorrow and see what they say. I just wanted to know if anyone here knew how to fix it first.

I just wanted to know if anyone here knew how to fix it first.

1- Disassemble mag

2- Sand inner channel that the follower rides in with 120, then 240 grit.

3- Grasp spring by ends & stretch to add aprox. 6"

4- Reassemble mag. Snug down the screws, then back them off 1/3 rotation.

5- Before re-installing spring & follower, check the interior diameter using a 3" shell. You want to make certain that both sides of the shell aren't touching the inner walls of the mag at the same time. This will cause drag.

Usually the AGPs don't have the concave issue, but you never know. Plastic is an amorphous solid. If they were stored wrong under pressure, they could collapse slightly, causing drag, which slows the feed.

If the feed is slowed the feed foot will start pushing the shell early, higher up on the rim than it should.

The same thing will happen as what happens when the weapon short-cycles & because the shell is misaligned as it starts to get fed, the nose will be kicked up & you'll get the issues you're experiencing.

If the screws are over tightened the above can happen, that's why I say to snug them down, then reverse them 1/3 rotation.

6- If the problem persists, remove the spring steel feedlips, insert a 5/8" sparkplug socket horizontally like a shell sits in there & dip the top in boiling water for about 10 seconds, then let it air-cool before removing the socket.

Shoot a quick shot of silicone spray in the body for lube, reassemble & you're done.

Good luck.

Watching Reva's boobs doesn't hurt either.

• Like 1

My Surefire/SGM mags reliably feed 3" shells :unsure:

Mine didn't. Izzy mags for me...

Mine did, but only after I tuned them & brought them down to the 8rd configuration.

Still, I like the idea that if I accidentally clip my mag on anything, like the corner of a wall, doorjamb, window sill while shooting out/in a window, or fall while running, the front tab can't break off because my Russian 8's are steel reinforced because they're Mil-Spec.

I just wanted to know if anyone here knew how to fix it first.

1- Disassemble mag

2- Sand inner channel that the follower rides in with 120, then 240 grit.

3- Grasp spring by ends & stretch to add aprox. 6"

4- Reassemble mag. Snug down the screws, then back them off 1/3 rotation.

5- Before re-installing spring & follower, check the interior diameter using a 3" shell. You want to make certain that both sides of the shell aren't touching the inner walls of the mag at the same time. This will cause drag.

Usually the AGPs don't have the concave issue, but you never know. Plastic is an amorphous solid. If they were stored wrong under pressure, they could collapse slightly, causing drag, which slows the feed.

If the feed is slowed the feed foot will start pushing the shell early, higher up on the rim than it should.

The same thing will happen as what happens when the weapon short-cycles & because the shell is misaligned as it starts to get fed, the nose will be kicked up & you'll get the issues you're experiencing.

If the screws are over tightened the above can happen, that's why I say to snug them down, then reverse them 1/3 rotation.

6- If the problem persists, remove the spring steel feedlips, insert a 5/8" sparkplug socket horizontally like a shell sits in there & dip the top in boiling water for about 10 seconds, then let it air-cool before removing the socket.

Shoot a quick shot of silicone spray in the body for lube, reassemble & you're done.

Good luck.

Watching Reva's boobs doesn't hurt either.

thanks for the info, ill give this a shot and call agp if it doesnt work.

Mine did, but only after I tuned them & brought them down to the 8rd configuration.

I just cut my Surefire/SGM 12rd mags down to 10rds,

I had to laugh above, as I'd stretched my springs about 3"s, and I don't seem to recall hearing anyone else/nor you suggest that before.

A little extra ummph on the follower doesn't hurt if your shottie already cycles like a champ.

Damn, it would be nice to have a stack of Izzy 8s, but I just can't come to terms with spending that much on a mag.

I just cut my Surefire/SGM 12rd mags down to 10rds,

I had to laugh above, as I'd stretched my springs about 3"s, and I don't seem to recall hearing anyone else/nor you suggest that before.

A little extra ummph on the follower doesn't hurt if your shottie already cycles like a champ.

Damn, it would be nice to have a stack of Izzy 8s, but I just can't come to terms with spending that much on a mag.

I think I've suggested stretching the springs to add 6" a couple times before.

But after having to tune every brand of US made S-12 stick mag I got obsessed.

I watched Oleg's site for a month & when he got them again, I purchased one.

When I had the money again a couple weeks later I bought another.

But for my personal S-12, I now only have 2 MD-20's 2 Russian 8's 1 Russian 5 & 2 AGP's that're strictly for range use.

Eventually I'll get around to re-doing the guitar case to fit the 2nd MD-20 & ditch the AGPs.

Done1.jpg

As many know, I'm not a gun collector.

Every firearm I have I carry or posses to use.

I just want 1 personal no frills, light & ballanced S-12 that cycles flawlessly & I like everything to be able to fit in an inconspicuous case for low-profile transport in public.

If I had a "stack" of Russian 8's they would really be dead weight.

If I were to find myself in a situation where I needed more than 2 drums & 3 Russian mags worth of ammo, it's likely time for me to meet the Lord.

Other money that could be spent on hoarding mags IMHO is better spent (for me) on my tools which make me money.

The only reason I'd have more Russian mags than I could realistically carry & use is to include them in high-end builds.

I know there's a lot of new users out there & I've not posted my case in a while, so if anybody wants to know how to make one for under $100.00, here you go; http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/50193-project-guitar-hard-case-is-officially-a-go/

Still, I like the idea that if I accidentally clip my mag on anything, like the corner of a wall, doorjamb, window sill while shooting out/in a window, or fall while running, the front tab can't break off because my Russian 8's are steel reinforced because they're Mil-Spec.

I cut one of mine down to 8 and it helped it to mostly feed my 3" reloads okay, but it still choked on the 3" factory shells that I tried. I didn't try tuning them; I just bought more Izzy 5 rounders and use those. I'd eventually like to get some Izzy 8s but that's a lower priority than other things.

The difference is I'm out of 2 3/4 inch.

walmart has plenty of ammo.

like i said no real difference except bragging rights and beating up your gun.