anyone else see this video???

this guy tortures this saiga... that do you guys think about this?? i know he uses the word melted over 20 times....:ded:

2 points that he does not understand.

1. Saigas/SGL are 100 series parts not typical 1960s AKM parts. Certain parts like the bolts will obviously not interchange.

He does not seem to understand that the design has evolved to make it better in certain ways that Russian engineers worked on.

This does not make it inferior but upgraded whether he wants to accept this or not.

2. Wood and typical plastics used for mil spec handguards both will not survive over 400 degrees F.

Keeping the handguard from directly touching the barrel is a very good thing.

If you get hot enough to melt a mil spec plastic handguard, a wood one will also become damaged.

Wood handguards will not offer and extra durability. Aluminum would be the more durable choice for high heat handguard options.

• Like 4

I agree to both points. I have put a aluminum rail on mine and love it.. i bought a firefield reflex sight and people were dogging it, but i tell you what i sighted it in today and i ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT!!! its so accurate!! sorry this is off topic but im excited..lol

I agree to both points. I have put a aluminum rail on mine and love it.. i bought a firefield reflex sight and people were dogging it, but i tell you what i sighted it in today and i ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT!!! its so accurate!! sorry this is off topic but im excited..lol

By the way, that guy has some kind of bone to pick with Arsenal and Nutnfancy. He has an agenda of some kind.

Edited by my762buzz
  • Like 2

I watched one about the melting hand guard and notice he had to get the flashlight just right to see a few bubble's which I couldn't really see... I find it funny that hes trying to compare older AK technology to current AK technology ( Izhmash ) .... He comes off as a Ass that's looking for attention... Hater's will be Hater's..

Edited by THE AK DUDE
  • Like 1

yeah no joke man. i am about to buy some duracoat to refinish mine though.. i am going to sandblast it first and apply duracoat. im not sure which color to order yet though. im going to go with a grey for the reciever and armours black for the bolt carrier.a..

• Like 1

I will never, repeat never, put 350 through my saiga in ten minutes. No matter the situation. Target shooting or shtf. It just won't happen. I don't have the ammo stockpile or equipment to carry that much ammunition. If you want a suppressive fire MG. the arsenal or saigas are notfor that. Thank you for telling me what I already knew buddy. Buy a registered FA RPK if you want that. There is an appropriate Russian tool for that job.

• Like 1

By the way, that guy has some kind of bone to pick with Arsenal and Nutnfancy. He has an agenda of some kind.

Thats what comes to my mind as well while watching the video.

• Like 1

A mil spec Russian AK 200 series is not acceptable to MRAKMASTER because the handguard and bolts will not interchange with his Yugo, SAR, or Wasr.

2654020-tfb.jpg

Something might just start to melt if you rapid fire hundreds of rounds through one of these.

But, wood handguards catching on fire from hundreds of rounds is acceptable go figure.

Edited by my762buzz
  • Like 1

I just got through reading a story in my October issue of G & A bye Marco Vorobiev a former Spectsnaz. He was testing AK's available in the US and the first on his list was the SGL21and SGL31 and he praised them both after testing bye saying they are what AK's are suppose to be and are Russian Military Twins !!!!!! Another strike for the video DOUCHE !!!!!!!

Edited by THE AK DUDE
  • Like 1

Video 3 of 3 has some pretty funny comments

@bottle2lip What happened when E. Stoner tried to use a larger cal. in his rifles? They didn't work rite. So, the same applies here. If you take the AK74 type rifle that shoots the smaller 5.45x39 round and configure it to shoot the much larger 7.62x39 round you just make the rifle less stable and more likely to fail. In my eyes.The barrles are just to thin on the Arsenal rifles.

MrAk47master 1 year ago

i cant understand why arsenal uses ak74 style parts on all their ak47s, like the way they put ak74 gas blocks on ak47s. it must save them money or something.

willacebey56x 9 months ago

@cazybeast2 The Bulgarian AKs are very nice. Not the arsenal one though. Thanks.

MrAk47master 8 months ago

so your tellling me that if i were in a battle situation that the saiga wouldnt hold up? would an ar15 hold upo with that kind of fire power?

Any Saiga 7.62x39 carbine would "hold up" just fine in any battle situation, and greatly exceed any AR rifle in field reliability, (especially without regular maintenance). The sum total of this guy's video "conclusions" is that polymer handguards can melt slightly, when the rifle they're attached to fires several hundred rounds in quick sucession. Wooden handguards, when subjected to the same treatment, will burst into flame.

Which would you rather deal with? ;)

Edited by post-apocalyptic
  • Like 1

He really doesn't know squat. As mentioned already by 762buzz that guy apparently isn't aware that the Russians modernized the AK with the 74 design then went on to build millions more of them. Apparently he's also not aware of the AK103.

He's pretty much an ignorant douche with an axe to grind. Youtube seems to have a lot of people like that.

Z

Edited by TX-Zen
  • Like 1

550 with only 100 rounds fired through it.... i know it was a steal because he sold it right out from under me... i wish i would of just jumped on it...

hey if i could get a rock river arms lar 15 in great condition with about 800 rounds through it would it be a steal? should i jump on it?

"would it be a steal"? :huh: You didn't mention the price.

He really doesn't know squat. As mentioned already by 762buzz that guy apparently isn't aware that the Russians modernized the AK with the 74 design then went on to build millions more of them. Apparently he's also not aware of the AK103.

He's pretty much an ignorant douche with an axe to grind. Youtube seems to have a lot of people like that.

Z

Yeah, that guy says in one of his videos "Where are you going to find a 7.62x39 AK74 bolt...not on any battle field."

He really is not aware of the AK103/104 which in his own words would be deemed not mil spec, not universal, and fragile.

OMG look at all those rifles with non-milspec handguards.

Don't those guys know that without wood furniture their rifles are useless paperweights?

venezuelan_soldiers_ak-103_parade.jpg

800px-Spetsnaz_con_ak-103.jpg

avt_ak-74_1152%20001.jpg

• Like 2