JUST GOT A UINITA MAG. GREAT PRODUCT

A few years ago I got a FBMG mag from a vendor at the local gunshow in Ft. Lauderdale. I paid $50, & it worked great. Unfortunately, the gun was stolen with the mag, but the gun was recovered 2 years later, but the PD had the mag destroyed. Fortunately the gun wasn't, as it was evidence in a big drug bust. So I get my gun back, but by this time FBMG is gone. The other plastic mag vendors got so-so reviews, so I stayed with my 8 rounder. The metal mag got great results, but I hate to wait for anything, so I figured if I saw one at a gunshow, I'd buy it. So on Saturday, I'm talking to the same vendor that sold me the FBMG mag 4 years ago, & he has a box that says Saiga 308 with all different types of plastic hi cap mags. So there are my FBMG mags but wait, no metal floorplate like the one I had. These had plastic floorplates, so I assume it must be the new UINITA mags, as there is no paper identifying them. And best of all, he wants $35 for the mag. The mag fits & works perfectly, so next show I'll get another. Glad someone picked up the ball when FBMG faded away. GARY N4KVE

Could be a second run FBMG, those had the Russian floorplates. The Uinta floorplates are easily distinguishable from the Russian ones used in the second run of FBMG mags, and IIRC, they are marked Uinta (my mags are all out in the shop or I'd look). Oh, I just remembered I took a picture of different .308 mag internals:

s308magparts.jpg

Left to right, Izhmash 5 round, Uinta, Izhmash 8 round/FBMG.

Edited by Netpackrat

Could be a second run FBMG, those had the Russian floorplates. The Uinta floorplates are easily distinguishable from the Russian ones used in the second run of FBMG mags, and IIRC, they are marked Uinta (my mags are all out in the shop or I'd look). Oh, I just remembered I took a picture of different .308 mag internals:

s308magparts.jpg

Left to right, Izhmash 5 round, Uinta, Izhmash 8 round/FBMG.

Then I stand corrected, as my mags are unmarked, & the floorplate looks just like the one on my Russian 8 rounder. I didn't know there was a 2nd version of the FBMG mag. Now I'll definately make sure to pick up several more. I just wonder where my guy got these, as he didn't have them last month, & FBMG faded away a few years ago. GARY N4KVE

If you want more, I'd recommend ordering directly from Uinta, and consider buying their internals for your FBMG. The mag bodies are the same as far as I can tell, but the followers have a little less drag, and the springs are a little stronger. The Uinta parts improved the function of my existing FBMG magazines. I was getting failures to feed before, and with the Uinta parts they went away.