for those who bought from the 45rnd mag group buy...

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being sceptical isn't a bad thing - it is how you go about it.   Look at it this way.. if you are sceptical of, say, someone else's religion that is fine. You can just say "Hey, I appreciate YOU be

This thread about him is cool too.   http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/70493-1-for-fairtrade/   I have been in contact with FT as well and am willing to pay for his contribution. I PMe

kinda on topic but kinda off topic.... I ordered a virgin RPK russian wood stock set from a company in Ukraine, it took almost 3 weeks to the day for it to show up...   Virgin Russian wood hand pac

well its saturday and i still havent gotten my stuff. gave FT an email informing him, lets see what he does...

I was looking at mags in the saiga-12.com store and it says there is a 10rd restriction in New York and it looks like you are in NY, could this have anything to do with it? I don't know the laws of your state, but, at first glance......:unsure:

well its saturday and i still havent gotten my stuff. gave FT an email informing him, lets see what he does...

I was looking at mags in the saiga-12.com store and it says there is a 10rd restriction in New York and it looks like you are in NY, could this have anything to do with it? I don't know the laws of your state, but, at first glance......:unsure:

ya on new stuff, but these are definitely pre-1994 so its ok to have them.

I wouldn't count on the government to know this kind of info :lolol: , Hope you get your mags, FT seems like a real stand up guy, mine were sent quickly but I had a large order. I imagine he had to go back and forth a few times to his source as I doubt he had enough on hand to take care of the entire group buy.

I think date of importation might come into play.

Note that AIM surplus has these same mags @ $68 a pop, and they won't sell to ban states.

they also dont sell a lot of things to ban states that they legally can

Edited by sharkforce

still havent got it. but hes sending replacements in seperate packages soon...

im 95% sure he nazi customs agents snagged this.

in the meantime im still out $180

That sucks.

Maybe there are some Custom's officials with AK74's to feed too.

I think it might be the NY thing, Yes these were made a long time ago, before the "ban", however, they were not already "here" before the ban. Just a thought :ph34r:

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't received mine yet in Louisiana... Our gun laws are about as liberal as they come and I am speculating customs nabbed my package... Maybe that new Jim Caveisal show on tv where the government is monitoring our every posts here, emails, etc. is true and intercepting our packages!...

Probably wrong.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't received mine yet in Louisiana... Our gun laws are about as liberal as they come and I am speculating customs nabbed my package... Maybe that new Jim Caveisal show on tv where the government is monitoring our every posts here, emails, etc. is true and intercepting our packages!...

Probably wrong.

did you contact FT yet regarding a replacement?

Probably wrong.

did you contact FT yet regarding a replacement?

Yeah... He said it should be here already, but wants me to wait till the end of the month just in case. After that he will send replacements. He said he is going on vacation on the 10 of October.

Edited by WhoDat504

Damn. This sucks to hear. I got mine super fast.

Yeah, I'm thinking that guys that ordered a bunch of mags might be having problems with Customs.

Technically, we're allowed to import quantities of mags as long as the value is below $200 (IIRC). Above that in value and you need an ATF import form.

I'm wondering if the Customs guys are looking at U.S. retail value of this stuff and deciding to shit can the shipment.

Yeah, I'm thinking that guys that ordered a bunch of mags might be having problems with Customs.

Technically, we're allowed to import quantities of mags as long as the value is below $200 (IIRC). Above that in value and you need an ATF import form.

I'm wondering if the Customs guys are looking at U.S. retail value of this stuff and deciding to shit can the shipment.

I ordered and received 8 mags. There were two boxes one containing 6 and one containing 2. I imagine they came through customs side by side, but I think 6 is the max that would be in any individual package. This $200 limit, is it per year or at one time. Said another way, how often could you order these mags?

I still think it is very likely that anyone one a "ban" state such as New York would be lucky to receive anything. I'll bet customs would look closely enough and realize this and confiscate. I wish there was a way to find this out for sure. I don't want to see FT get discouraged and "leave the business". If he were to resend and those mags didn't make it, how much can he afford to lose? The way I see it, if they are not allowed someplace, the proper thing to do would be to say thanks to FT and consider it your own fault and take the loss. It is the buyer"s responsibility to know what they can or cannot have in the gun world.

Not trying to point fingers or imply anything, just my :2c:

I ordered and received 8 mags. There were two boxes one containing 6 and one containing 2. I imagine they came through customs side by side, but I think 6 is the max that would be in any individual package. This $200 limit, is it per year or at one time. Said another way, how often could you order these mags?

The ATF's form 6 for importation of "items of war" doesn't specify. They just say that the paperwork is waived for packages under $200 in value. I imagine that this can be done any number of times.. any business engaged in trying to import and resell is just going to get the Form 6 and save the money on shipping.

If I had a package missing, I'd call the United States Post Office and work with them. Find out where that package is, and if Custom's has it - inquire as to why it was confiscated.

As for why some packages are confiscated and some aren't .. I have no idea. I'm not even sure a Custom's agent could answer this truthfully.

I suspect that it is a matter of "interpretation." Some Custom's agents just don't let any gun shit through w/o a Form 6. Others don't give a damn. It might be a simple matter of luck of the draw as to which Customs inspector looked at your package. OTOH, maybe they were lost or stolen by said Customs agents as well.

Personally, I think we have a responsibility to get on Custom's ass about this. We are within the law, and even people in ban states may in fact be compliant. As citizens, we are not to be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process.

Insist on getting your due process.

How do you even complain to the post office if you don't even have a valid tracking number? Even with customs? I know for a fact that UPS works in multiple cities in the Ukraine... Why not use their services? A hell of a lot more accountable then the Ukrainian who ha postal service and ours as well.

How do you even complain to the post office if you don't even have a valid tracking number? Even with customs? I know for a fact that UPS works in multiple cities in the Ukraine... Why not use their services? A hell of a lot more accountable then the Ukrainian who ha postal service and ours as well.

The tracking number you have is entered into and valid in the USPS system. I don't know what gives you the impression that it isn't a valid #.

As for why not use UPS .. that is a question for FT, now isn't it? Not that it really matters - because if this is indeed a Customs issue, UPS is just as accountable to Customs as any other shipper. If it turns out they those packages never reached the USA to begin with, and were stolen/lost in the Ukraine, then that is an entirely different issue.

It would also be good to KNOW (rather than speculate uselessly here) what the hell is going on. If they are in the US and being retained by Customs, then this should be pretty easy to sort out one way or the other.

Call the post office. Give them your number, and get answers. If I had a lost package, I'd be all over it with the PO and, if necessary, Customs.

I still think it is very likely that anyone one a "ban" state such as New York would be lucky to receive anything. I'll bet customs would look closely enough and realize this and confiscate. I wish there was a way to find this out for sure. I don't want to see FT get discouraged and "leave the business". If he were to resend and those mags didn't make it, how much can he afford to lose? The way I see it, if they are not allowed someplace, the proper thing to do would be to say thanks to FT and consider it your own fault and take the loss. It is the buyer"s responsibility to know what they can or cannot have in the gun world.

Not trying to point fingers or imply anything, just my :2c:

take a $200 loss and just go "welp, they caught me slippin. my bad, better luck next time." ?

no offense, but screw you.

200 bucks is a good amount of change, this isnt a 5 buck box at taco bell or some shit.

the law states that i can have as much round capacity as i can as long as pre 1994. i know what i can and cant have, so dont tell me forget it its "just" $200.

i have gotten shit from ukraine off ebay nonwtheless. as has my friend. he bought 30 rbd plums from ukraibe once; 6 of them. not the first time either. ive gotten stuff as well, one time it was confiscated. this is the 2nd. tge times it came in, it was seperate packages, shipped days apart. one was body, other was internals. they were all marked airsoft or toy parts. seller should be aware of things like this.

the base of ft's genitals: your lips are around it.

my two cents

I contacted the USPS and gave them my tracking number (its valid right!) and they have no records of that package. I also asked the representative if they are aware of any seizures of shipments by customs and she stated they do get notification of a seized package, but there has to be a valid tracking number to even get any information.Therefore my package never even made it to customs and just was either lost in Europe or never shipped at all. I contacted FT about my recent findings and suggested that I want my package shipped UPS now. UPS is in the Ukraine and there should be no reason why this request can't be granted. I'll let you know my results as they come in!

...and if you received your mags, please limit your suggestions to those of us who have not received them as being "constructive" suggestions.Seems like the natives are getting restless 009.gif!