for those who bought from the 45rnd mag group buy...

My 2 cents? Group buys (unless approved by Makc) are not allowed on Saiga 12 forum for this very reason..

Caveat emptor

Lol... I was waiting for a "I told you so" comment from a moderator... I am slowly starting to be burned by those words! You live, you learn!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Being sceptical isn't a bad thing - it is how you go about it.   Look at it this way.. if you are sceptical of, say, someone else's religion that is fine. You can just say "Hey, I appreciate YOU be

This thread about him is cool too.   http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/70493-1-for-fairtrade/   I have been in contact with FT as well and am willing to pay for his contribution. I PMe

kinda on topic but kinda off topic.... I ordered a virgin RPK russian wood stock set from a company in Ukraine, it took almost 3 weeks to the day for it to show up...   Virgin Russian wood hand pac

My 2 cents? Group buys (unless approved by Makc) are not allowed on Saiga 12 forum for this very reason..

Caveat emptor

Lol... I was waiting for a "I told you so" comment from a moderator... I am slowly starting to be burned by those words! You live, you learn!

It don't make the situation any less shitty... I do hate to see things go down like this & hope it works out for all...

We just don't wanna see folks get burned...

Damn. This sucks to hear. I got mine super fast.

Yeah, I'm thinking that guys that ordered a bunch of mags might be having problems with Customs.

Technically, we're allowed to import quantities of mags as long as the value is below $200 (IIRC). Above that in value and you need an ATF import form.

I'm wondering if the Customs guys are looking at U.S. retail value of this stuff and deciding to shit can the shipment.

I ordered and received 8 mags. There were two boxes one containing 6 and one containing 2. I imagine they came through customs side by side, but I think 6 is the max that would be in any individual package. This $200 limit, is it per year or at one time. Said another way, how often could you order these mags?

I still think it is very likely that anyone one a "ban" state such as New York would be lucky to receive anything. I'll bet customs would look closely enough and realize this and confiscate. I wish there was a way to find this out for sure. I don't want to see FT get discouraged and "leave the business". If he were to resend and those mags didn't make it, how much can he afford to lose? The way I see it, if they are not allowed someplace, the proper thing to do would be to say thanks to FT and consider it your own fault and take the loss. It is the buyer"s responsibility to know what they can or cannot have in the gun world.

Not trying to point fingers or imply anything, just my :2c:

take a $200 loss and just go "welp, they caught me slippin. my bad, better luck next time." ?

no offense, but screw you.

200 bucks is a good amount of change, this isnt a 5 buck box at taco bell or some shit.

the law states that i can have as much round capacity as i can as long as pre 1994. i know what i can and cant have, so dont tell me forget it its "just" $200.

i have gotten shit from ukraine off ebay nonwtheless. as has my friend. he bought 30 rbd plums from ukraibe once; 6 of them. not the first time either. ive gotten stuff as well, one time it was confiscated. this is the 2nd. tge times it came in, it was seperate packages, shipped days apart. one was body, other was internals. they were all marked airsoft or toy parts. seller should be aware of things like this.

the base of ft's genitals: your lips are around it.

my two cents

Sorry if I offended you. How would customs know these are pre 94? There is not a date on them. I hope you get your mags. You expectations are quite high if you expect some guy in the Ukraine to know the laws of 50 different states. Maybe living in a liberal stronghold has warped your sense of personal responsibility. What is that old saying........oh yea, "buyer beware"

Although mildly humorous, implying oral sexual acts will neither help you get your mags or make you appear more intelligent.

i have gotten shit from ukraine off ebay nonwtheless. as has my friend. he bought 30 rbd plums from ukraibe once; 6 of them. not the first time either. ive gotten stuff as well, one time it was confiscated. this is the 2nd. tge times it came in, it was seperate packages, shipped days apart. one was body, other was internals. they were all marked airsoft or toy parts. seller should be aware of things like this.

I feel for you dude, but if you have had issues with Customs before and wanted your packages done up a certain way to try and help that fact, you should have just specified.

Not that it helps now, but keep it in mind in the future?

I contacted the USPS and gave them my tracking number (its valid right!) and they have no records of that package. I also asked the representative if they are aware of any seizures of shipments by customs and she stated they do get notification of a seized package, but there has to be a valid tracking number to even get any information.Therefore my package never even made it to customs and just was either lost in Europe or never shipped at all. I contacted FT about my recent findings and suggested that I want my package shipped UPS now. UPS is in the Ukraine and there should be no reason why this request can't be granted. I'll let you know my results as they come in!

...and if you received your mags, please limit your suggestions to those of us who have not received them as being "constructive" suggestions.Seems like the natives are getting restless 009.gif!

For what its worth, I just called the USPS for my two packages that were delivered successfully and they told me the same thing (!?!? what the fuck is going on over there?) Despite the fact that their website tracker continues to say they were delivered. The rep could offer nothing helpful about the discrepancy.

On top of that, but USPS's tracking was screwed up from the start:

They had them listed as successfully delivered on 9/15 in the website tracker, but they weren't at my house. The next day, 9/16, they were delivered physically, and the website was updated to say that a notice was left on 9/15 and that they were successfully delivered on 9/16. There was no notice at my house.. so for a 24 hour period, USPS apparently wouldn't have known where my packages where.

So yeah, I think going w/ UPS might be a good move if possible. I'll keep that in mind for future shipments too.. I haven't had a problem in my dealings (yet?) but for the extra few bucks the shipping might cost, it's worth it to know SOMEONE knows where the fuck my merchandise is at all times.

Caveat emptor

Exactly!! This is why I did not participate. Also, it doesn't really seem like much of a "group buy" to me....prepaying for shit all individually, that isn't even in the country, to someone who has no responsibility to the board. Sketchy IMO. Group buys, you do not prepay, the items arrive after numbers are decided, and when they arrive, you pay a respectable member and it arrives a week later.

Sorry if I offended you. How would customs know these are pre 94? There is not a date on them. I hope you get your mags. You expectations are quite high if you expect some guy in the Ukraine to know the laws of 50 different states. Maybe living in a liberal stronghold has warped your sense of personal responsibility. What is that old saying........oh yea, "buyer beware"

Although mildly humorous, implying oral sexual acts will neither help you get your mags or make you appear more intelligent.

Seriously?? They are pre 94, BECAUSE they don't have any dates on them. I doubt customs would confiscate them on a state by state basis. They are not a state agency, they are federal.

I feel for you dude, but if you have had issues with Customs before and wanted your packages done up a certain way to try and help that fact, you should have just specified.

Not that it helps now, but keep it in mind in the future?

Sickness, I don't know why you are even trying, this unnapproved "group buy" has went to shit, and grasping at straws is not helping at all. I think it is disrespectful to try to do this crap without asking the staff first. And look what it has become.

I tried to stay out of this as long as possible, but the bumps just keep pestering at me, like the raven rapping on my chamber door.

I really am sorry for they guys that might be getting screwed, for future reference you should only risk what money you are willing to lose. It is a gamble. Unless dealing with respectable vendors, or approved and in country "group buys."

I am also sorry that this shit wasn't done correctly, and I couldn't get involved. Honestly I am jelly. I want a few, and hope this fella decides to be a vendor/contributor and things can happen right.

Best of luck

Sickness, I don't know why you are even trying, this unnapproved "group buy" has went to shit, and grasping at straws is not helping at all. I think it is disrespectful to try to do this crap without asking the staff first. And look what it has become.

I didn't realize that staff approval was needed. Had I known, I wouldn't have proceeded incorrectly. Ignorance isn't an excuse, but it is a reason.

I'm not grasping at straws though - just trying to get an idea of how things broke down. Seems to be an issue with the shipping somewhere. I've never had a problem with USPS from overseas before this transaction (and even still, my stuff showed up). I intend to relay as much info as I can back to the seller to let him know how/where things are going wrong.

I am also sorry that this shit wasn't done correctly, and I couldn't get involved. Honestly I am jelly. I want a few, and hope this fella decides to be a vendor/contributor and things can happen right.

Best of luck

Thanks. I hope everything gets sorted for people. I'd like to see this seller become a vendor here too.

Failing that, maybe I'll just become a contributor, file a Form 6 and front the cash. Won't be able to get them out to people at $25/per that way, but I'm sure I can do better than the retail cost we usually see.

Just to give an update (because all of you are sooo concerned! lol), FT told me that the Ukrainian authorities confiscated my package and offered an alternative replacement package sent after he gets back from vacation. I just asked for a refund and hopefully that goes through as he agreed to do so. I will let yall know if it was honored or not.

My mags haven't showed up either. I e-mailed the guy in Ukraine - he told me he would do right by me - either refund my money - or resend the mags when he gets back off vacation. I told him to send me the mags. So....I will wait some more. I would rather have the mags than the money. I totally realize that I may end up with neither.....like another poster said above - I went into this deal knowing there was a chance I would get burned. I obviously I hope I don't - but - I won't totally surprised if I do.

But - the guy was prompt in answering my email - I figured if it was a scam he would never answer my email and offer to make good. I am a trusting individual though. I have been burned a few times on the past - but my "wins" far surpass my losses.

cheers

tire iron

I feel really bad for you guys.

I got my mag really quickly. Wish I had ordered more of them.

Maybe it's because I'm Russian? bad_smile.gif

Seriously though, he seems legit. And shit does happen. I am sure he will do right by you one way or another.

Apparently the Ukrainian puh-lice took my package according to FT. I would like to let everyone know that I successfully got my money back from FT. THIS DUDE IS VERIFIED LEGIT IMHO. I can finally stop being skeptical of FT and will do anything possible to help streamline his sales so our packages do not get seized or lost. We really need to help him become a contributor to the site.

FT being a contributor would allow him sell more potentially. Incentives would be there to refine his methods of delivery, and we all have a connection (legally) to a resource thats only gonna get harder to find (@ wholesale prices at least). Kinda curious if this site has any foreign contributors?...

glad you finally got it resolved WhoDat.

as for me, the original order still hasnt come in.

as for the replacements, he shipped 4 replacement bodies out on september 22. he will ship the other two after the 10th. then he will ship the parts.

so far nothing has arrived yet, nor is the status on USPS been updated...

will keep posted...

• 2 weeks later...

I last heard from him was on the 30th

Edited to ad:

I emailed him after posting and he sent back today 10-18 that he has my parcel packed and is planning to ship in the next few days and appologized for the delay.

Edited by ATD

so i received a bunch of springs, floorplates, and followers yesterday of the same amount that i ordered. seems they were shipped two weeks ago. but as for the bodies, they are still missing. i told FT this, he has not responded.

Yeah I think my butts going to be sore for a while over this one.

Edit 11-1-11

Maybe not, I just got an email saying he has been dealing with customs and hopes to have the issues resolved with them in the next 3-5 business days and will let me know when it is. So maybe he will make it right, or maybe I'm just preparing to go back over the barrel of hope.

Edited by ATD
  • 2 weeks later...

well i got my refund. according to him ukraine customs seized the mag bodies. he gave me a refund, and ill be using the internals as repairs for existing mags.

in the meantime i ordered an afghanka and 45rnd bake from vlad @ soviet-military. the afghanka made it, nothing mag related has arrived. he told me he sent it in seperate packages. lets see what happens..

I really hope it works out for everyone, the mags I received were excellent! I would like to order more from FT sometime as the price is un-beatable! I hope everyone continues to update. It seems logical that he could be having problems with the customs in the Ukraine, hell, he probably has to bribe the officials over there, wouldn't surprise me021.gif

I really hope it works out for everyone, the mags I received were excellent! I would like to order more from FT sometime as the price is un-beatable! I hope everyone continues to update. It seems logical that he could be having problems with the customs in the Ukraine, hell, he probably has to bribe the officials over there, wouldn't surprise me021.gif

I wouldn't be surprised either.

I know FT is a stand-up seller. I've done business with him on GB many times. My guess is he was able to fly under the radar easier when doing a lesser volume. I'm glad it all seems to be working out for folks, even if it is taking a long time.

For those people that are turned off by the whole thing customs thing, there is good news. I recently filed a form 6 with the ATF to import 100 mags. If I get the approval, I'll be fronting the money. When they arrive State side, I'll make the donation here on the forum and sell them in the classifieds. Not sure what the "retail" price to you guys will be, but know it will be more than what FT is charging. I'm not going to gouge like most retailers at $60 or $70 a mag, but I will be looking to get a small profit. I'm hoping to keep it around $40 per.

So, then folks will have a bit of a choice. $40 or so from me, $65 or so from places that take a credit card, or $25 from FT with some customs/time risk.

I just hope my form 6 is approved.

• Like 1