Titan or extended quad?

I'm looking to order a couple of rails for my S12s. I'm trying to decide between the extended quad, and the Titan. I'm actually somewhat partial to the extended quad, but I thought I'd ask if I'm missing something about the Titan. It seems the main benefit of the Titan would be the longer sight radius. What other benefits does the Titan have over the extended quad?

I'm not a real big fan of the rear latch mount, and it seems like the hinged top cover is something begging to get loose / rattle over time. I don't consider the sight radius to be a major issue, so it just seems like needless weight / complication to me.

Am I missing other benefits of the Titan? As it is, I think the extended quad w/ sights is the rail for me.

I'm looking to order a couple of rails for my S12s. I'm trying to decide between the extended quad, and the Titan. I'm actually somewhat partial to the extended quad, but I thought I'd ask if I'm missing something about the Titan. It seems the main benefit of the Titan would be the longer sight radius. What other benefits does the Titan have over the extended quad?

I'm not a real big fan of the rear latch mount, and it seems like the hinged top cover is something begging to get loose / rattle over time. I don't consider the sight radius to be a major issue, so it just seems like needless weight / complication to me.

Am I missing other benefits of the Titan? As it is, I think the extended quad w/ sights is the rail for me.

Its just a matter of what you're after in your setup. I have the Titan and Extended setup on my personal weapons and even one with the tri- rail. only you know the look and feel you're after. The titan is a little heavier but as mentioned has a much longer sight plane and hinges open. As far as the back locking setup, you'll be amazed how rock solid it really is and the fact that because it has adjustment screws, you can always adjust for wear.

• Like 1

I'm still trying to decide between Titan and extended quad. I was ready to order the extended quad, until I started thinking about red dot placement with irons. The Titan would allow the red dot to be mounted back significantly further. The red dot will have to be mounted quite far forward on the extended quad, in order to mount in front of the irons.

Then again, ext quad w/ sights: $175.

Titan w/ sights: $320-ish.

Decisions decisions.

Edited by motoguy