Trust Lawyer Fees

The CLEO for the county i live in is anti-gun so i will have to use a trust to get my can later this year. How much does it typically cost to have a reputable lawyer setup an NFA trust for an individual? I understand i can use Quicken willmaker but ehh i'd rather have it done by someone who knows what they are doing. Thanks.

Goldman wants 700.00?? WTF he doesn't even know that there are two types of DD's ( exploding and large bore IE 20mm or street sweeper or HE rounds ) Chucklehead......

I know prince law firm want's 600.00 and according to him, use any other trust and the BATFE will burn you out, stomp you're cat,kick your prego wife. ????? again WTF?

According to Prince his is the ONLY legal trust that works!

YA OK. FEAR tactics don't work with me.

I skipped prince and KNEW Goldman was a Chucklehead.

Again went with the link I provided and got 3 stamps working on 4.

There is a big difference between being told

1:you WILL die,

2:being lied to,

3: paying a large sum.

600.00 to 700.00 is three stamps.

I might have paid either one of them 600.00 or 700.00, NOT, after the shit they tried to shove down my throat. (both of them)

Also remember Prince and Goldman get kickbacks for these trusts.

Prince is In Philly Pa. so if you are in Wa and try to get a can and use him he farms you out and the lawyer that writes the trust in Wa. That lawyer MUST now pay a referal fee to prince ( about 33% ) so your trust went from 380.00 to 600.00 just cause you had prince or goldman handle it.

My sister is a big shot corp. tax lawyer so I asked her about it 1st. before I ROLLED.... And thanks to her that link above is how I roll.

Not saying to use it, I'm saying to talk to Prince and Goldman then look around and see IS IT WORTH IT?

To be lied to.

Does it make you feel better?

Also see the sticky for " the trust how to" Don't take my word for it.

Any time you use a lawyer for something it;s because you are paying for either advice or insurance. I used Goldman. Well, actually I used his NM affiliate through his office. It was $600. I think Prince is affiliated with Goldman too. guntrustlawyer.com

The theoretical drawback of using the random trust program is that it might allow you to create an invalid trust. Which means you have an unregistered NFA weapon. My understanding is the the ATF has been more reasonable than you'd expect when they have found these and allowed people to correct the trust instead of confiscating their toys and arresting their asses. But they don't have to.

• 2 weeks later...

I went through a lawyer here in SC that started doing them a few years ago. He was very knowledgable and we did all our dealings over the phone. You could meet at his law office (his first preference) or do it all over the phone, which I did. His fee was like $150 iirc. James Anderson of the Anderson/Oyer law firm. He emailed me a brief draft, I sent their office a check, and then he emailed the full trust.

Any time you use a lawyer for something it;s because you are paying for either advice or insurance. I used Goldman. Well, actually I used his NM affiliate through his office. It was $600. I think Prince is affiliated with Goldman too. guntrustlawyer.com

The theoretical drawback of using the random trust program is that it might allow you to create an invalid trust. Which means you have an unregistered NFA weapon. My understanding is the the ATF has been more reasonable than you'd expect when they have found these and allowed people to correct the trust instead of confiscating their toys and arresting their asses. But they don't have to.

What these lawyers don't want to tell you is that it is very difficult to create an invalid trust in most states as long as you understand and follow directions. In fact, Googling "creating an invalid trust" returns these NFA lawyers' scare mongering as the top hits, even though the search term doesn't mention anything about firearms. Imagine that!

More importantly, they don't want to tell you that you can change your trust at any time without dissolving it, including correcting errors.

Revocable living trusts do not involve voodoo. They are very basic statements creating an entity other than yourself that owns property you wish to transfer to others upon your death. There are very few items that a trust must contain to be valid. A 64 page trust is no more "valid" than a 3 page trust.

Willmaker 2009 is $12 shipped to your door via Amazon.com, and that's all that is needed to create a trust for any property, NFA-regulated or otherwise.

All this said, you do indeed want to include (not directly in the trust document, but separately) detailed instructions for your trustees as to how to properly transfer the trust's NFA property in a timely manner. That way, they don't get screwed hiring a lawyer to figure it out for them after you die.

Instructions can be as simple as saying "contact the local BATFE office, and ask what the current process for transferring these items to the trust beneficiaries is upon my death." Believe it or not, the BATFE will actually HELP your trustee do the lawful process and not break their door in under cover of darkness.

Edited by Raleigh Saiga
  • Like 1

www.livingtrustontheweb.com

They have a drop down box for NFA my trust was 152 bux 65 pages and 3 of those pages are NFA specific.

my LEO won't sign either.

I have two cans and a MG on this trust no problems.

I went to the link. Filled out the "Hot Docs Interview" Went forward and back. Several times. Saw nothing referring to NFA. Just got bracketed into a generic Estate Trust. Never paid, because I never saw the product I need.

• 2 weeks later...

I am the Washington affiliate of David Goldman. Never heard of Prince and I charge $499 giving 1/2 to Mr Goldman. Basically you are paying for 1 hour of my time and 1 hour of his. ...and by the time I meet with a client and get done answering questions I have spent more time then that. Do what you want to do and maybe I will do your job by googlling it on the internet too. lol

• Like 1

I am the Washington affiliate of David Goldman. Never heard of Prince and I charge $499 giving 1/2 to Mr Goldman. Basically you are paying for 1 hour of my time and 1 hour of his. ...and by the time I meet with a client and get done answering questions I have spent more time then that. Do what you want to do and maybe I will do your job by googlling it on the internet too. lol

I'm 48. Never hired a Lawyer. Until now. I figured this would be a good time to do so. Just Executed my Trust today.

http://www.davisbastalaw.com/gun_trusts.php

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

When planning your estate, what costs more, a will or a trust? Since a Trust Attorney can prepare an average will for $400 to $500 and set up an average trust for about $2,000 to $2,500. If your attorney draws up a will for you, it may cost $400. However, upon your death, your estate goes through the probate process.The fees for settling your estate could easily reach $10,000 (the average cost of probate). Now the total cost of settling your estate isn’t $400—it’s a whopping $10,400. Remember that the average trust costs $2,000 to $2,500 to set up, but there’s no probate. Remember, of all legal documents, a will is the most likely to be contested. A will is also one of the most expensive legal documents because of the total costs to settle an estate. Make the most of your estate planning time and dollars, create a revocable living trust.

^^^ a bot? 1st post is apparently canned, and  advertising unrelated legal services. Ugh. Now I have to think about advertising rules. That definitely has the feel of something not allowed. 

I guess I am not the only one thinking this way: http://kevin.lexblog.com/2013/11/26/is-it-unethical-for-a-lawyer-or-someone-on-their-behalf-to-post-spam-blog-comments/

I used the $59 (on sale) from 199trust.. Tyler sends you a 14 page boiler-plate trust in LOCKED PDF with the NFA verbage.

With nudging and lots of questions after purchase he will send you an unlocked WORD doc..  :)

I've used mine 2x for SBR's thus far. I did edit to remove all the witness spots as TX doesn't require them and changed the 'list' layout to suit me.

2 spots to sign and notarize and your ready to go.