Anyone looking for a .308?

Found one unfired today at a local shop, here is the kicker. $789. He even asked me if I thought it was a fair price. Ummmmmmmm, let me think about that one. mmmmmmmm NO!

He salid he couldn't come down on it though as he had paid more for it than what I told him I would buy it for.

His loss, it will sit for that price until one really dumb kid comes in.

It had the wood stock on it as well, and actually looked really nice as far as finish goes.

IJ

Three hundred too much, isn't it closer to four hundred too much? Or is the wood that much more than the plastic, saw a nice wood one used last weekend for near five hundred with a nice scope and mount, think there could be some movement in that too.

For near a thousand (same dealer at the same show) you can get a valmet hunter with scope, so whats the logic of a saiga for eight? Two hundred more for a valmet with scope and mount sounds like a better deal than that.

He will sell it to someone who hasn't a clue, just that he wants an "AK". Know a dealer out of ignorance got a Century M1 Garand put $600 on it and sold it that day and the man just knew he had a piece of history. The same dealer out of pure ignorance about anything milatary bought a M14 for $175 and ask me to come down and tell him if he got screwed.

I contacted another dealer coming to a local gun show in Birch Run and they had a used 308 Saiga (sIe-yagga) for only $695. Also had a 7.62 (used) for $395. Neither converted. I offered him $200 for the 7.62 and he laughed and said their cost is over $300 for those. I pointed out it's used and you can get 'em at Dunham's for $229 brand new. He didn't believe me. Later dude!

The same dealer out of pure ignorance about anything milatary bought a M14 for $175 and ask me to come down and tell him if he got screwed.
]

When you got there...

Did you SLAP your forhead and say "holy shit, YOU GOT BURNED!!!! But... yanno, I think of you like a brother... what did you pay for it? $175?? Its only worth about $125.00... BUT...I will do you a favor... cause I think it looks NEAT... I will give ya $150.00 for it cash deal, AND ya GOTTA throw in ONE box of AMMO too!!"

you DIDNT did you!?!?!?!?

DAMNIT!!!!

:smoke: