Paper printed my Arsenal

I finally got to the range yesterday and did a sight in/paper print. All I can say is WOW!!!! I used the same procedure Mother Russia uses, listed here: http://www.ak-47.net/ak-47/sightingin.php . Ammo was Winchester white box FMJ unless noted. Targets were 6x10 Dirty Bird with 1"x2" center bull. I used the "center hold" sight view.

First target, 25 yards with sight in battle setting.

P1010877-1.jpg

Had a couple of flyers out of the gate because the guy next to me was sighting in a 7mm Ultra-mag, and my earplug fell out. :cryss: I'd fired 4 rounds before I could get my finger off the trigger it scared me so bad.

Cranked the sight a bit, and repeated. Rear sight is still in the battle position.

P1010881.jpg

The group in the 8 ring was some Uly from Wal-mart I capped off waiting for a cease fire. Not bad.

Out to 50 yards we went. Sight still in battle position.

P1010887.jpg

I had fired 15 rounds when the rangemaster walked up(Vietnam vet), and pointed out I was doing two things wrong. I was canting the rifle to the left slightly, and I was pulling to the left right as the trigger "broke". I'd never noticed that before with my SKS, but noticed when he told me. He told me most people who aren't experienced with military sights do it, and don't notice until told. I fired the last 5 while he helped me hold it straight.

Last5rounds.jpg

OUCH!!! That's a group right there. I took my scribe and marked the sights.

I then moved out to 100 yards and popped 5 rounds of Uly offhand. I dropped the rear leaf to the "100 meter" setting. Between the wind whipping it and the dust obscuring my view, I didn't do half bad.

P1010884-1.jpg

That was as fast as I could pump the trigger into a 6" diameter circle. I switched to some Wolf Mil-Classic FMJ I bought several years ago. Looks like my Arsenal doesn't like the Wolf at all.

P1010885-1.jpg

I then set up my SKS and dropped 40 rounds of Yugo M67 at 100 yards to wrap up the day. 12" cardboard square with reference line for sighting.

P1010886-1.jpg

First 10(along the bottom) were my warm-up shots.

After shooting the Arsenal, I am impressed with both accuracy, function, and feel. With the Bulgy zigzag brake, recoil was actually less than my SKS with no brake.

• Like 1

I use the 100yd notch for 25, 50 and 100 yds and Im spot on, every time. Just about the same results as you, using tula, uly, and bear only (no brass yet), and the russian stuff is plenty accurate. Im coming in at about 2- 2.5 in groups at 100, consistanly with my irons.

Good job eagle, Its nice to see that your kick ass deal shoots well too.